Norwood and Carroll

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Norwood and Carroll

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:07 pm

TWTD understands Town have told striker James Norwood and midfielder Tom Carroll that they are to be released at the end of the season with the frontman having confirmed his departure.

The duo are among the players who are out of contract this summer and their exits come as little surprise.

We understand the pair met with manager Kieran McKenna yesterday when they were told their contracts would not be renewed.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Norwood and Carroll

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:51 pm

Thank god for that, that's Two waste of spaces out the door already.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:54 pm

Now Bonne, Pigott & Jackson, and start afresh with new strikers :D

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:31 am

I think Jackson has proved he can do a job for McKenna, as long as he stays fit.

I’m pretty sure McKenna thinks he can get two strikers that will perform better than Piggot and Bonne. Both good guys and will probably have good spells elsewhere but this is no time for sentiment - they haven’t done the business for us. Time to give some new faces a chance

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:40 am

Norwood seems little loss. Average player at best, not to mention certain off-field escapades. Just one of a few striking names that are sub-standard at the club. He's been useless for us for the most part but wouldn't be all that surprised if ends up at Birmingham or some place and hits 20 + goals in a new season. Don't know why so many forwards in recent years have endured trouble finding consistent form at Portman Road.

Pigott and Bonne can depart also. Aluko guess has a future with us and Jackson has improved with a new manager but the need for greater talents than what we have, or had, remains as critical as ever.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:25 am

JohnnyB wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:31 am
I think Jackson has proved he can do a job for McKenna, as long as he stays fit.

I’m pretty sure McKenna thinks he can get two strikers that will perform better than Piggot and Bonne. Both good guys and will probably have good spells elsewhere but this is no time for sentiment - they haven’t done the business for us. Time to give some new faces a chance
To be fair Bonne did start off like a house on fire didn’t he? Don’t know what happened to him to cause his loss of form but if he could get it back he will come good again!

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:27 am

Norwood will go and be a solid league one striker somewhere but agree we need to aim higher.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:47 am

If true those two won't be missed, both are crap.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:20 am

Very pleasant goodbye from Norwood. Not all bad is he..... a goal every 180 minutes.

"So tomorrow is the last time I could potentially pull on an Ipswich Town top.

"It's been an eventful ride that's for sure! Some ups and certainly a few downs!!! From scoring my first home goal to experiencing my first injuries it's been a whirlwind. 

I've met some great people around the place during my time here, they helped me settle in quickly and provided me with some great conversations.

The managers I've had over my time here (Paul Lambert, Paul Cook and Kieran McKenna) I've had good relationships with and have been fortunate enough to work with some great coaches.

"I want to thank KD (Kieron Dyer, former Town U23s coach), Bryan Klug and Nathan (Griffiths, fitness coach) for helping me at my lowest in the three years I;ve been here. All the physio department (God knows I've seen enough of them) and the new staff for trusting me and giving me the opportunity to play again.

"Ipswich are in good hands with the boss and his coaching staff. I've really come to enjoy everything about the gaffer, Martyn (Pert) and Chaz (Charlie Turnbull) having worked closely with them and I wish them all the best.

To the fans, thank you for your support. Well, 99% of you (didn't think I'd let some of you get away with it, did you?!) It was an honour every time I pulled on the shirt. I tried to give my all every game and I hope you understood for the lack of ability I have tried to work my hardest.

"I leave averaging a goal every 180 minutes. I came here to score goals and I feel I've done that, so I can leave with my head held high.

"So from me, enjoy the day tomorrow; good things are coming.

"Until our paths cross again... Uppa Towen." 

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:20 am

bluejacko wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:25 am
JohnnyB wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:31 am

To be fair Bonne did start off like a house on fire didn’t he? Don’t know what happened to him to cause his loss of form but if he could get it back he will come good again!
Really like his passion for the club and wouldn’t mind at all if he sticks around and starts on the bench next season. But I don’t think he can be relied on to find the net next season, as his poor second half of the season shows. Nothing against Pigs either - just not one we can entrust our future to IMO

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:41 pm

Someone wrote that for Norwood, no question lol

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:20 pm

One Swallow doesn't make a summer, Jackson has not done enough in my eyes. You have to remember he was playing for a contract, to me he seems the type of player to take it easy when comfortable in a contract!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:32 pm

Norwood possibly off to Bristol Rovers who's manager happens to be Joey Barton, Jesus christ a match made in heaven.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:57 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:20 pm
One Swallow doesn't make a summer, Jackson has not done enough in my eyes. You have to remember he was playing for a contract, to me he seems the type of player to take it easy when comfortable in a contract!
He will be shipped out if he tries that this season , of that I have no doubt . It’ll be up to him Ricco.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:23 pm

Just reading even that low life scum Barton didn't want Norwood, pulled the plug with the deal all but done, Barnsley now about to sign him apparently.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:55 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:23 pm
Just reading even that low life scum Barton didn't want Norwood, pulled the plug with the deal all but done, Barnsley now about to sign him apparently.
Wonder why he did that . Too much Competition for the utter tit of the season award, perhaps ?

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:13 am

Norwood to Barnsley - he will definitely score against us but I’m glad he’s gone

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:49 am

Great move for him, the Beer is so cheap up there.