What a Delightful Young Lady

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: What a Delightful Young Lady

Post by marko69 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:51 pm

I don’t know if you read the article in its entirety, Balls, but she does sound like she’s a genuinely ok gal having personal problems and a bad day at the office created this situation.
But…….🤷‍♂️, who do we believe these days? Who knows. Maybe she is a cretinous delinquent!

I do firmly believe that there should be a list of players that referees are allowed to headbutt without there being an investigation. Gareth Bale for the man bun. Harry Kane for diving. Gareth Bale for diving & again for the man bun. Just make players being headbutted legal and it could solve issues.
IE…… if there are to be 5 subs……. If they walk off ——>> headbutted. Stretchered off, 5 extra minutes added on to the 9 minutes already added on. All about cleaning the game up.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:01 am

Dare I say, it may have been that time of the month? :blush:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:10 am

I’m fishing, so I’ll probably get a bite…but just to add. A few years ago in a 28 day cycle I lost my job, I lost my dad and I got hit by a car on my bicycle. I still managed to smile and joke at the end of the evening. My daughter who was PMSng had a fit cuz she’d run out of flaming hot Cheetos! Just perspective… :lol:

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:30 am

I wonder if she talks dirty in the bedroom.

Seriously, I don't see what the fuss is about. If she seriously thought the referee was a fcking prik, then why is she being admonished for being honest? It was after the game had finished, after all, and if the referee cannot handle being spoken to like that then maybe she was right all along.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:14 pm

She did wrong, she admitted to doing wrong and apologised. I feel for first offence the punishment is harsh, if this was male player would authorities gone so hard? We do not know

That referee who pressed his head against Alan Judge's also was reported by Sunderland this past season for something similar against a Sunderland player. Wonder what punishment he received. I am not defending Lucy here because even she knows she did wrong

There's been so many cases of male players doing similar with different level of punishments can't think of many this harsh though

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:32 pm

Well you guys might but like my response here . But having thought about it for a bit , I do wonder if there’s not an element of sexism behind this decision?

As we know male players do this kind of thing every week in the game - yet barely a raised eyebrow occurs and certainly not a 6 month ban .

So is this a ref and the powers that be, making an example of this female player ? If this is to be the punishment dished out for this category of offence, then it’s going to be an interesting season ahead in the male profession this season isn’t it !

And as for number 9’s post , well that’s a typical male response to a female voicing an opinion, and is the sort of thing I’ve had to put up with all my working life . When a female then challenges the fella about his comment the response is usually along the lines “ don’t get your knickers in a twist LOVE I was only joking “ or similar such condescending remarks .

There still to this day remains one rule for the boys and another for the girls in society as a whole . 99.9% of the forum users here will not appreciate my comments here - because you are male and are not subjected to these remarks of put downs . It’s an even bigger “ battle” when a women is interested in a male dominated sport … or works in a male environment. It can be tough guys ! 😘

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:23 pm

Not arguing as such Hallam, but I will say a couple of things. None of us have seen the video have we (genuinely asking, I've not looked for it)? So we can't really comment on the harshness with too much authority.

Also if my relationship broke down, then I can guarantee the courts would side with the mother when it came to child custody. Sexism works in many ways and men lose out in lots of ways too, not trying to say men have it worse though!

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:15 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:32 pm
Well you guys might but like my response here . But having thought about it for a bit , I do wonder if there’s not an element of sexism behind this decision?

As we know male players do this kind of thing every week in the game - yet barely a raised eyebrow occurs and certainly not a 6 month ban .

So is this a ref and the powers that be, making an example of this female player ? If this is to be the punishment dished out for this category of offence, then it’s going to be an interesting season ahead in the male profession this season isn’t it !

And as for number 9’s post , well that’s a typical male response to a female voicing an opinion, and is the sort of thing I’ve had to put up with all my working life . When a female then challenges the fella about his comment the response is usually along the lines “ don’t get your knickers in a twist LOVE I was only joking “ or similar such condescending remarks .

There still to this day remains one rule for the boys and another for the girls in society as a whole . 99.9% of the forum users here will not appreciate my comments here - because you are male and are not subjected to these remarks of put downs . It’s an even bigger “ battle” when a women is interested in a male dominated sport … or works in a male environment. It can be tough guys ! 😘
to be totally honest Lis, my first reaction when i see a woman on Sky sports or TV talking about cricket, football, golf etc etc my first thoughts are, " What do they know about these sports," I even even say to the wife, why's there so many woman now on TV telling footballers etc etc where they are going wrong, I even got banned from a golf course for telling this stuffy woman she should be home cooking her husbands dinner. 8)

Anyway after my little rants and her indoors response i come to the conclusion these woman sportswoman probably know more than me on there sports and i know for a fact my wife does.

In time we will get used to it,
Anyway after reading this Hallam your washing up needs doing. oh and don't forget the ironing and the boss needs a cuppa. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:19 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:15 pm
hallamblue wrote:

to be totally honest Lis, my first reaction when i see a woman on Sky sports or TV talking about cricket, football, golf etc etc my first thoughts are, " What do they know about these sports," I even even say to the wife, why's there so many woman now on TV telling footballers etc etc where they are going wrong, I even got banned from a golf course for telling this stuffy woman she should be home cooking her husbands dinner. 8)

Anyway after my little rants and her indoors response i come to the conclusion these woman sportswoman probably know more than me on there sports and i know for a fact my wife does.

Anyway after reading this Hallam your washing up needs doing. oh and don't forget the ironing and the boss needs a cuppa. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Superb! 👍👏👏👏

And You’re ok with this, GnB…… Hallam has a sense of humour. 👍

Heard this Actual conv a few months ago in a lunch time meeting , was re womens football. In particular, the England womens team.

“What do you think on the women’s football? You reckon a mens SPL team could beat them?”

“Feckin Albion Rovers could beat them!”

:lol:

I feel bad because wholeheartedly agree. 🤦‍♂️

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:57 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:19 pm
goldandblack wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Superb! 👍👏👏👏

And You’re ok with this, GnB…… Hallam has a sense of humour. 👍

Heard this Actual conv a few months ago in a lunch time meeting , was re womens football. In particular, the England womens team.

“What do you think on the women’s football? You reckon a mens SPL team could beat them?”

“Feckin Albion Rovers could beat them!”

I feel bad because wholeheartedly agree. 🤦‍♂️

Well you don't see us playing or talking about their major sport netball do you,. Exit stage right :lol: :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:48 am

I knew I’d get a bite! Just trying to reel it in. To be honest, Hallam is exactly spot on. Things are changing though. I was making fun of my daughter didn’t mean to start a debate on sexism. We’re all different…I have the upmost respect for women, but I do think dads are unappreciated. Just my opinion.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:15 am

How did you get a bite, 9? :lol: You were banging on about womens monthlies? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ :lol:

We’re banging on about them being shyte at fitbaw! :P

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:47 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:15 am
How did you get a bite, 9? :lol: You were banging on about womens monthlies? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ :lol:

We’re banging on about them being shyte at fitbaw! :P
I think Mr 9 is going to need bigger bait than that mate, AND a bigger boat :wink:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:50 pm

Back on topic, I have never seen why woman shouldn't play these games, as long as they have done all their household chores first,
My missus even joined the local Domino team :shock:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:24 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:23 pm
Not arguing as such Hallam, but I will say a couple of things. None of us have seen the video have we (genuinely asking, I've not looked for it)? So we can't really comment on the harshness with too much authority.

Also if my relationship broke down, then I can guarantee the courts would side with the mother when it came to child custody. Sexism works in many ways and men lose out in lots of ways too, not trying to say men have it worse though!
Well that’s true, for both points. Guess there’s no easy answer is there - but it makes for an interesting life doesn’t it :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:26 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:48 am
I knew I’d get a bite! Just trying to reel it in. To be honest, Hallam is exactly spot on. Things are changing though. I was making fun of my daughter didn’t mean to start a debate on sexism. We’re all different…I have the upmost respect for women, but I do think dads are unappreciated. Just my opinion.
Well you and marko are little tinkers for sure on the old wind up … took the bait didn’t I lol !!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:30 pm

goldandblack wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Lol funny how generations and times change . I can distinctly remember as a kid going round to see my Gran and granddad , and used to get done tea ( homemade blackberry jam !!) , but after any meal there I always remember my grandad used to be the one who did the washing up ! My uncle now ( he’s 94), ALWAYS did the cooking . Think that was from his Army days in the catering corp… he still makes really good pastry even now.
So if you want a good meal and don’t like washing up go to a Knott household 😁👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:04 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:50 pm
Back on topic, I have never seen why woman shouldn't play these games, as long as they have done all their household chores first,
My missus even joined the local Domino team :shock:
I do apologise to the forum for laughing my arse off to this humour. Right up my street, GnB. :lol:

True story, conv a few weeks ago with an auntie who’s health issues all go away when she’s on the keto diet. One thing that happens when shes eating too much sugar is her hair gets thin.

She said, “oh hiya son, come on in, I’ll get the kettle on. While yer here Mark, be honest, you think my hair is going thin again?”
“Yep, you’re looking bald & fat, Maria! Get back on the keto for Gods sake!”
She too laughed her arse off because she appreciates the more cutting humour. 👍

The fat b*stard knows I'm joking.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:42 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:30 pm
goldandblack wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Lol funny how generations and times change . I can distinctly remember as a kid going round to see my Gran and granddad , and used to get done tea ( homemade blackberry jam !!) , but after any meal there I always remember my grandad used to be the one who did the washing up ! My uncle now ( he’s 94), ALWAYS did the cooking . Think that was from his Army days in the catering corp… he still makes really good pastry even now.
So if you want a good meal and don’t like washing up go to a Knott household 😁👍
tell you a little story Hallam, when me and the wife first started courting she worked in a sport shop and was sport mad, I took her to my local one day, in those days the woman usually sat in the corner with their half and a packet of crisps, while the lads played darts or dominos, anyway to play darts you put your name up on the chalk board then chalked a game and played the winner. the pub went quiet when she put her name up. she chalked a game and when that match finished the winner walked away and refused to play a female, nobody would play her so me and her played darts all night with no challengers, after a few weeks she was in the darts team when they see how good she was, she certainly changed that pub.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:42 pm

Ha ha nice lil story there John . It’s all about attitudes and beliefs isn’t it …. Never could play darts …. My run up was too long !

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:41 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:42 pm
Ha ha nice lil story there John . It’s all about attitudes and beliefs isn’t it …. Never could play darts …. My run up was too long !
LOL. You don't seem a lot unlike her Lis, Love your football team and have the knowledge , great sense of humour and don't take crap from anyone, even when your wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:40 am

Moi?? ….” Wrong”?.?.? :shock: …….. :lol: