Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Re: Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Post by number 9 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:25 pm

With a name like that, he’s either a diamond in the rough, or he has a future at the jewelry shop.
“I dunno darling, TJJ says it’s a diamond straight from Africa! He should know?”

Anyway let’s give the lad a chance, I still believe we’re on a tighter budget though. My retirement fund is down almost $40000, so I’m sure the owners are getting a bit twitchy.

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:43 pm

Yes I agree with you..I brought up this a few replies back that we on a tight budget too
And most of budget for spending was all thrown at it past Season to buy a whole new team and get us up first go .but was shot down. .owners spending other peoples money
So have to be tight now .so message to kieran is ..try loans now ..

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:37 am

A player none of us know anything about so hard to be disappointed or jumping up and down, the comments from the Blackpool fan gives us hope that things will be good. Either way let's give the lad a chance to prove his worth, KM certainly seems to know plenty about him.
As it stands we have Ladapo, Pigott, Jackson, TJJ and Simpson as strikers, still plenty of time for change in this department as yet with Pigott and Simpson possibly moving on.

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:46 am

Part of me thinks would these new strikers actually mean Piggott may play more? A lot of them seem to suit playing in a two with a link up man such as Piggott.

I guess profile wise these new two strikers are KMC’s type, and Jackson is in that same mould, where as Bonne and Norwood were a different profile and likely not really what the manager wanted from a striker.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:59 am

Even though not ecstatic over the latest addition or two we have to remember where we are at, these players are obviously decent otherwise KM would not of had them, I wish them all the best and welcome to PR.

I do think though with the relatively cheap arrivals that any spare cash will be spent on bringing in a couple of higher quality players, I still feel we need a decent striker as I suspect one or two will be off soon.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:03 am

I'm still pretty confident money will be splashed on a couple of higher profile players, let's not forget you are only allowed to spend what the rules say you can spend so getting decent signings in on a free is a no brainer if they are available.

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:51 pm

Agree that free signings are very smart - but ‘decent’ is the part I’m on the fence about as other than Ball I’m not overly enthusiastic on the others - but will gladly be proved wrong!

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:28 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:37 am
A player none of us know anything about so hard to be disappointed or jumping up and down, the comments from the Blackpool fan gives us hope that things will be good. Either way let's give the lad a chance to prove his worth, KM certainly seems to know plenty about him.
As it stands we have Ladapo, Pigott, Jackson, TJJ and Simpson as strikers, still plenty of time for change in this department as yet with Pigott and Simpson possibly moving on.
Yeah, not a very inspiring prospect our list of strikers.

I don't expect many more signings - maybe a left-sided wing back and another striker. Who knows - Andy Carroll's short-term contract with WBA has ended, maybe we've saved money on buying players so we can afford his wages?

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:31 pm

Seems Ipswich are interested in Hearts striker Liam Boyce. Was at Burton previously but had a bad injury
Liked him as a player when I've saw him, decent goalscorer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/gossip

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:49 pm

On this TJJ loan would he have been here if Simpson hadn’t thrown a strop? Perhaps Mckenna wants someone like this to fill the gap left by Simpson! Not a main striker but a handy backup to have on the bench.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:13 pm

What exactly is the current situation with regard to Tyreece Simpson because I wasn’t banking on him still being here come the start of the season and if this is the case I wouldn’t really want to start the season with only Kayden Jackson, Joe Pigott, Freddie Ladapo & the new Arsenal loanee. These four strikers in my opinion would give us weaker striker situation than we had in the second half of last season when our biggest problem was a lack of goals.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:40 am

I don’t think Simpson is in the plans. Like I said before, the budget is gonna be tight and we’ll get what we get. We are a league one club after all. Mountains won’t be moved until we get out of this league which will come down to KM’s coaching. He has a monumental task, and those of you thinking we’d be favourites for automatic promotion think again.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:27 am

Well the bookies have made us favourites unfortunately. Personally I’d be far happier if we were under the radar , but we are making very specific , targeted signings this summer and together with the long term injured players ( Evans, KVY, Edmundson, Edwards & Jackson )

McKenna will have a very strong squad that will have x complete and full pre season , which none of them had last season. I don’t think this squad has been slung together . It is a very calculated build, which I think will be evident from the off. I would expect our main striker to come in towards the end of July , probably because he is under contract somewhere else atm. Save the best “ till last as they say .

One player who I’m really interested to see how he does this season is Pigott. I think he had a tough 1st season here with a lot of adjustment to negotiate on and off the pitch . With a full ore season behind him I’m hoping he will come through better for it this season .

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:04 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:27 am
Well the bookies have made us favourites unfortunately. Personally I’d be far happier if we were under the radar , but we are making very specific , targeted signings this summer and together with the long term injured players ( Evans, KVY, Edmundson, Edwards & Jackson )

McKenna will have a very strong squad that will have x complete and full pre season , which none of them had last season. I don’t think this squad has been slung together . It is a very calculated build, which I think will be evident from the off. I would expect our main striker to come in towards the end of July , probably because he is under contract somewhere else atm. Save the best “ till last as they say .

One player who I’m really interested to see how he does this season is Pigott. I think he had a tough 1st season here with a lot of adjustment to negotiate on and off the pitch . With a full ore season behind him I’m hoping he will come through better for it this season .
They have, but how stupid to run a book so early, when most teams have yet to formulate their plans for the coming season and adjust their playing staff accordingly. Nobody can yet tell - with a reasonable prospect of success - what is going to happen this season, so I take the current betting with a pinch of salt.

If we are seriously going to rely on Dobbin to get the goals to win games for us, then I really fear for our chances.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:07 am

I hear what your saying Hallam regarding Piggott and I tend to agree with that, poor lad did not get a good run last season and combined with his bereavement must of affected him.

Hopefully if he stays and with full pre-season behind him he can start afresh and be like a new signing in a way, im sure KM and the staff will be giving him the boost he needs.

I hope he stays and produces, for us but also for himself.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:24 am

Is this young Arsenal player a replacement for Celina I wonder? I can see him sitting forward in a midfield three or as a player just behind a front man. His skills on the ball are phenomenal and he could unlock defences very easily I think. What do others feel ?

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:29 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:24 am
Is this young Arsenal player a replacement for Celina I wonder? I can see him sitting forward in a midfield three or as a player just behind a front man. His skills on the ball are phenomenal and he could unlock defences very easily I think. What do others feel ?
Possibly, Liz, yes.

Like I said earlier, I see only 2 more incomings - a left wing back, and probably Andy Carroll

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:16 pm

Have you heard something regarding Andy Carroll Gary ?

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:16 pm
Have you heard something regarding Andy Carroll Gary ?
well, yes, I have heard a little bird Mike - but in all honesty I say that I consider that particular little bird to be no more than 50% reliable. So I'm not holding my breath, but I'd be well pleased if it turns out to be true.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:33 pm

I will stick my neck out and say there is no way Andy Carroll will be here, he is nothing like what KMC wants and doesn't at all fit the profile of what the club wants either, it makes no sense to me and I doubt he will be a success as he just isn't fit often enough.

Back to the strikers, suspect we may end up playing some games with a front 3? Would mean no playmakers as such but liverpool get by without that role in general terms (but they do play 3 in Midfield to be fair). I just wonder if we might see a 433 in the games where teams come to defend against us? Apply that liverpool template and you could have midfield 3 of Ball sitting deep, Morsey + Evans as box to box, then a front three of Jackson, Ladapo + TJJ (or maybe Piggott as the central player in the firmino role). Its a bit of a longshot but a thought!

Otherwise maybe KMC just wants 4 strikers but more of them to be his type, i.e pacey - and Bonne/Norwood/Piggott just don't fit that profile.

It'll also be interesting to see if we bring in a number 10/playmaker, if that is Celina or another.

Its very early days, to get 4 signed is fast work so lets give it time, maybe KMC needs to cast his eye on some of the outsiders in pre-season and see work on either keeping them or clearing the books, we must be close to the max player count already so I really expect a few need to make room soon before we can really bringing many more in, get both their wages and squad slot off the books.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:12 pm

You won't get a better number 10 than Conor Chaplin at this level

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:55 pm

I think he is a good scorer but not the best playmaker to unlock defences though.

Total Side thought here - I do wonder if Flynn Downes ends up moving on then we could end up with 2-3m coming our way via sell on clause?!might allow us to move for someone like Twine etc for a decent fee.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:30 pm

rossi wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:29 am
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:24 am
Possibly, Liz, yes.

Like I said earlier, I see only 2 more incomings - a left wing back, and probably Andy Carroll
THE Andy Carroll ??? Really ? :shock:

I thought he was long finished in the game and definitely injury prone . Blimey

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:36 pm

Andy Carroll is one of the wealthiest footballers in England and simply doesn’t need to earn a living anymore. In my opinion he would be a high risk complete waste of money and based on his goal scoring record over the past three seasons we’d be lucky if he scored more than 1 goal for every 10 appearances. No thanks.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:20 am

To be fair it’s not about the money, very few footballers actually quit because they have enough money / they would do it for a 10th of the wage - they just do it for the love of the game and the high wages are just an added benefit.
I’ve heard he is talking to Club Bruge in Belgium. ‘Champions league’ club ;)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:32 am

shabba wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:20 am
To be fair it’s not about the money, very few footballers actually quit because they have enough money / they would do it for a 10th of the wage - they just do it for the love of the game and the high wages are just an added benefit.
They've refused the option to sign him due to his injury record

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:00 am

Looks Like Bakinson won't be coming back

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/foot ... ut-3745210

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:39 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:32 am
shabba wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:20 am
They've refused the option to sign him due to his injury record
Injury record? Was he injured when he was here then? Wasn’t aware he’s had that much if a problem for a young player ( here or Bristol).

I’m not too bothered tbh . I think that QPR midfielder will be better . I bet the lad is owed off having to go back to Bristol . Poor sod

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:42 am

Someone told me today “ don’t be surprised to see Norwood back here” I just laughed and said I hope not .

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:10 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:42 am
Someone told me today “ don’t be surprised to see Norwood back here” I just laughed and said I hope not .
Think it probably more of a nod this EADT article, suggesting we might well see Norwood back at PR in L1, but on the opposing side!

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... od-9044734