Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:29 pm

That’s why I think we’ll get better as the season progresses and all the players (dare I say it), gel!
It takes time for a team to get that understanding and unity but building on last season , this “ group” are that much more unified than this time last season, where they barely knew each other’s names.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:46 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:52 pm
That’s brilliant news on Davis! As long as he doesn’t get re-injured I think that’s a good bit of business. In Ashton & KM we trust! COYB!
Injury certainly hampered his loan spell at Bournemouth. Also I see he has only made 21 league appearances so far in his career although these were at a higher level than he will be playing at now. It would appear that the manager and recruitment team have seen something which makes them think there is potential for improvement especially as the fee involved for a defender is high for a league 1 club.
Hopefully it works out ok for the lad and club.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:10 am

Gosh if he is as good as we hope (should I say expect for this fee) then this could be devastating having such quality down both flanks, teams put all their attention to our right to stop burns last season, do that now and they’ll have a big problem with Davis having space. Someone like evans to switch the play etc and it’s looking tasty!

We do need a striker and maybe a number 10 for a ‘perfect’ squad but this is bloody good going into the first game.
Ladaapo, Champlain, harnes and Jackson have/could all score plenty at this level so we aren’t exactly light on goal scoring threat now.

This Davies signing has ramped up my excitement now, can’t wait to take my seat on the weekend :)

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:31 am

The start of the season excitement and expectation has just gone up a notch. We’ll done to KMc, owners and management team. 👍

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:30 pm

Leif Davis:
"I'm a very attacking full-back. I like to get forward, and I like to do the dirty work as well, the defending - but I just love getting up the pitch and helping the team."

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:45 pm

And if he’s got a good cross on him at the end of that run he’ll be worth his weight in gold. All of a sudden teams can forget trying to double up on Burns 👍

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:39 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:46 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:52 pm
That’s brilliant news on Davis! As long as he doesn’t get re-injured I think that’s a good bit of business. In Ashton & KM we trust! COYB!
Injury certainly hampered his loan spell at Bournemouth. Also I see he has only made 21 league appearances so far in his career although these were at a higher level than he will be playing at now. It would appear that the manager and recruitment team have seen something which makes them think there is potential for improvement especially as the fee involved for a defender is high for a league 1 club.
Hopefully it works out ok for the lad and club.
I think the "young with potential" is a key mantra within our club structure now. Brentford have been a good example we seem to use, also I believe Mark Ashton has been behind some "under the radar" signings which have resulted in a sizeable profit when that player is sold on. The same can be said with some of the rookie managers MA has helped appoint, Brendan Rodgers springs to mind. That is why KM's appointment excites me!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:54 am

I know I was very very wary of Mark Ashton when he first came here, but I’ll put on record right now , he and his whole supporting team have done a fabulous job in identifying players, sounding them out and then the no small task of convincing them to drop down in to League One to sign for us. Simply outstanding. Mark Ashton, I suspect, could sell coal to Newcastle!! 👍

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:17 pm

Would I be right in saying that over the close season 8 players have left the club and 6 have joined us ?

1) Leif Davis. Left-Back Leeds United

2) Marcus Harness Right Winger Portsmouth

3) Dominic Ball. Defensive Midfield. Queens Park Rangers

4) Freddie Ladapo. Centre-Forward. Rotherham United

5) Greg Leigh. Left-Back. Morecambe FC

6).Tyreece John-Jules. Centre-Forward. Arsenal FC U21 (Loan)

Have I missed anyone ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:55 pm

I don't believe you have missed anyone Andy.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:58 pm

Corrie Ndaba has signed a new 3 year deal

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... s-new-deal

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:17 pm

Which 8 have left? My memory is not great!

Norwood
Bonne
Piggott (loan)
Dobra (not sure he counts as wasn’t really first team?)
Thompson
Celina

Would we consider Ndaba an addition if we count Piggot as an out?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:52 pm

shabba wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:17 pm

Norwood
Bonne
Piggott (loan)
Thompson
Celina

Bakinson
Bailey Clements
Brett McGavin
Tom (forgot his name- ex Spurs)
Miles Kenlock
Tomas Holy

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:57 pm

Tom Carroll

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:17 pm

Tangfastic wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:52 pm
shabba wrote:

Norwood
Bonne
Piggott (loan)
Thompson
Celina

Bakinson
Bailey Clements
Brett McGavin
Tom (forgot his name- ex Spurs)
Miles Kenlock
Tomas Holy
He works in Tesco garage now.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:21 pm

Just wanted to ask about Ndaba, is he really any good? not seen much of him tbh and he was on loan last season, and has a just got himself a new deal, is this to get a decent fee if we sell him on or does KM see him as part of the longer term plans?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:06 pm

shabba wrote:

Norwood
Bonne
Piggott (loan)
Thompson
Celina

My 8 leavers were ;

Tomas Holy
James Norwood
Brett McGavin
Armando Dobra
Bailey Clements
Joe Pigott (Loan)
Tom Carroll
Bersant Celina

It looks like I may have missed a couple.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:59 am

Dazzz67 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:21 pm
Just wanted to ask about Ndaba, is he really any good? not seen much of him tbh and he was on loan last season, and has a just got himself a new deal, is this to get a decent fee if we sell him on or does KM see him as part of the longer term plans?
Tbh Dazza, I don’t think any of us have seen much if him. He had a stunning loan season at Salford by all accounts , and had come back and fitted in really well with “ the group” in pre season. I think the fact the club have given him a 4 yr deal speaks volumes. It’s a pity Mr Simpson had been so poorly advised by his agent because a similar pathway could have opened up for him here too.

I can see Ndaba forcing his way into that defence group over the next 2 seasons.
Last edited by hallamblue on Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:48 am

Spot on Hallum.

Thanks for the outs list too, I really don’t think we’ll see more than 1 or 2 arrive now, and likely some need to leave. We must be spending more on wages given whose come in vs whose gone out.

A striker or 10 and we should be set! (Maybe both). KM said highly unlikely anyone in before the game on sat now.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:41 pm

I think we’re having a right battle with other clubs, to secure the striker . Just hope we can swing it coz we need one I think.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:14 pm

I think Hirst is WBA bound

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:15 pm

whys that Mike? seen it somwhere or heard something?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:33 am

Yep, I read an article a few days back which granted may be bull but seemed genuine and suggests they have been very interested in signing him. Hopefully not but we shall see.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:47 pm

We have yet another left back 😂😂.

Hertford Town have confirmed that young left-back Max Hudson has joined the Blues following his trial at the end of last season.

TWTD reported in May that the 18-year-old had agreed to join Town having been offered professional terms following a trial spell in which he featured in the final four U23s games last season but with discussions between the clubs ongoing.

Hudson was with Tottenham’s academy as a schoolboy but wasn’t offered a scholarship last summer. As an U15 he spent time at an England training camp.
Town boss Kieran McKenna is likely to be familiar with the full-back having been the U18s coach at Spurs while Hudson was playing for younger age groups.

It’s believed a number of EFL clubs had taken note of Hudson’s performances for Southern League Division One Central Hertford last season with the Blues inviting him to spend time at Playford Road after watching him in a trial match for young players looking to return to the professional game played at Needham Market's Bloomfields.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:09 pm

Celina's Turkish move back on..........
YAWN

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:19 pm

Potential new signing from Swindon ?

“McKirdy is a versatile attacker, able to play in any forward position, either centrally or out wide.[49] Crewe boss David Artell called McKirdy "a natural goalscorer" and "one of those nuisance forwards, who gets under the feet of centre-halves".”

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:27 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:19 pm
Potential new signing from Swindon ?

“McKirdy is a versatile attacker, able to play in any forward position, either centrally or out wide.[49] Crewe boss David Artell called McKirdy "a natural goalscorer" and "one of those nuisance forwards, who gets under the feet of centre-halves".”
One good season for Swindon I'm not sure about him, I think we need a Harry Kane type player I understand Portsmouth have one 🙄😂😂

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:32 pm

Harry Kane, what a pathetic statement to make.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:44 pm

Don't think he implied we expect that caliber of player, only to bring someone in on a lower level that possesses a similar awareness near goal, you know, that's reliable, can contribute and make a difference.

I only focus (invariably) on players brought in, once they've signed or come on board. Failing that it's just rumors and conjecture. Some may indulge in what could be or hope to expect but prefer deals done and take it from there.

Last word on the Bolton game we could just have easily won it on the day. Chances were made and present but we couldn't turn that advantage into the lead it deserved. Point being viewed our attacking options the night before the event, and while may have added before, just what we got seems somewhat insufficient for a long task ahead.

Don't wish to knock these kids before they've had a chance to really prove themselves but some or maybe many may question if what we got in terms of attack and offense are going to prove good enough to provide another promotion opportunity. All hindsight now but took a moment to wonder had we acquired some different players in the summer (that accommodated our aims in League One) would we have won on Saturday instead of just missing out / taking one point from it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:11 pm

I meant pathetic statement from that tit Cowley