England - womens Euro competition

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: England - womens Euro competition

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:31 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:06 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:45 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:20 pm

The thing is, they would.
Disparaging remark in my view there Mike . Sorry mate . There’s simply no need for it .
Its not disparaging, any male team with their physical advantage would be way too strong in that department, its just a fact, imagine a big CB hammering into the back of a woman, its not putting the woman's team down, they've done tremendously well but the comment Markos acquaintance made is correct.
Yes you’re right, sorry I was being over sensitive .

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:23 am

BlueBalls wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:54 am
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:06 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:45 pm

Disparaging remark in my view there Mike . Sorry mate . There’s simply no need for it .
imagine a big CB hammering into the back of a woman
No need to imagine, there's a few websites that cater for that sort of thing (so I'm told)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:22 pm

Lmao

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:39 pm

What an amazing pass and goal for Englands opened. Another master stroke substitution from the England manager. Let’s hope it’s enough

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:46 pm

Another brilliantly taken goal at the best post from a fab cross, unfortunately this time from Germany. This is definitely going to the wire. Easy to see why we’ve only beaten the Germans twice in 27 meetings. This can easily go either way. 🤞

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:52 pm

They won and good luck to them. I only watched 10 minutes of the second half (nothing else of the whole tourno) and from what I saw, it was full of poor quality, petulant behaviour very reminiscent of the mens game (they behave and react just like men... why?...) and a very subdued atmosphere from a stadium full of fans. You may say I havn't given it a chance but thats just my view. I just fear that we will now be swamped by the BBC telling us that 56 years of hurt has been wiped out... it hasn't... as it has no more bearing on anything than a bunch of kids saying 'lets play world cup - I will be England'.... sorry, not trying to be controversial or offend but its genuinely how I feel about it. Just fed up of having stuff pushed at me by TV and media in general... grumpy old man rant over...

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:56 pm

Case in point - Sky news already reporting that 'England claim first major trophy since 1966' - what a load of total BS...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:00 pm

Well I watched it too and my feelings are that I have to eat a little bit of humble pie as it entertained me and they played a lot better than I saw the last time I watched women's football. The passion and commitment with a will to win carried England home when they were starting to flag towards the end, we all know the quality isn't on a par with Men's football and never will be but fair play to them because they did it and won the Trophy, I was off the sofa when the winning goal went in, will I be a convert to Women's football ? No I won't but I will certainly watch them again the next time a major tournament comes around. Well done England's women Footballers, European Champions.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:03 pm

Fair play Mike and like I say, good luck to them - I am sure it is better than it used to be. Like I say, the comparison to winning a trophy comparable to 1966 is my issue - it isn't comparable at all in my view. Still - if they give us a day off then I am happy to comply 😂

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:28 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:00 pm
Well I watched it too and my feelings are that I have to eat a little bit of humble pie as it entertained me and they played a lot better than I saw the last time I watched women's football. The passion and commitment with a will to win carried England home when they were starting to flag towards the end, we all know the quality isn't on a par with Men's football and never will be but fair play to them because they did it and won the Trophy, I was off the sofa when the winning goal went in, will I be a convert to Women's football ? No I won't but I will certainly watch them again the next time a major tournament comes around. Well done England's women Footballers, European Champions.
Summed up perfectly 👍 let’s hope they go off and have one hell of a party😀

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:44 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:03 pm
Fair play Mike and like I say, good luck to them - I am sure it is better than it used to be. Like I say, the comparison to winning a trophy comparable to 1966 is my issue - it isn't comparable at all in my view. Still - if they give us a day off then I am happy to comply 😂
I think in fairness winning the World Cup in 2022 isn’t comparable to winning it in 1966 either. It’s a different game - probably more , definitely more cheating more than then. Tonight’s was the first game I’ve managed to watch - just haven’t had the time it opportunity to watch the others - but I was impressed by the quality. Certainly more entertaining than many men’s performances of late.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:21 am

My thoughts are simply this :

CONGRATULATIONS 🥳 Ladies! Absolutely outstanding , and I don’t think we’ve seen the best yet from this squad . I wouldn’t rule out a very inspiring World Cup under this coach either.

It was SUCH a gutsy performance against the
“ old enemy” and compared to some of the earlier England games in this Tournament perhaps lacked a little of the flair I’d seen in previous games. But you have to match your opponents and be prepared to win the battle first. I’ll be honest with you, there’s lessons to be learned by the National mens game in that performance and our Town players too if I’m being honest.

Well played ladies - let’s just say it shall we:

England: Woman’s European Champions 2022 .

And I think that’s the BBC sports Team of the Year award claimed 👍

It CAME HOME !!!

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:35 pm

I've only just stopped celebrating!! They ROARED & showed the boys how it was done! If I was them I'd be sending the lads a note before they head of to Qatar saying good luck but to Top Trump us you have to WIN!! LMFAO!!