McKenna’s level of preparation - Janoi Donacien.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

McKenna’s level of preparation - Janoi Donacien.

Post by Charnwood » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:18 am

I’m sure there won’t be many surprises here but it makes interesting reading. Lifted from TWTD.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... reparation

AzzurroMark

Re: McKenna’s level of preparation - Janoi Donacien.

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:59 am

There is a further hint here of the depths of preparation our players go through for each game. KM is going to go on to be a top manager on this evidence.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... en-9220598

I would also like to go on to praise Janoi! Probably the best thing Paul Hurst ever did for this club!

It has not always been plain sailing for Donacien, in fact his Ipswich career looked to be over on many occasions, prior to Keiran's arrival. However this unsung hero is just as much a key member of the first team as the likes of Walton and Morsy, in my eyes! The number of starts he has made under the current manager seems to back that opinion up.

I would say he is my favourite player in the current squad, and has shades of a modern day Mick Stockwell (my all time favourite player) or even Fabian Wilnis. It is certainly an area of the pitch where ITFC have had problems in recent decades, I no longer consider that side to be our Achilles heel!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:08 am

Janoi Donacien is for me without question the best defender at the club, Woolfenden and Edmundson continue to make f*ck up after f*ck up and look dodgy most of the time while this guy goes about his business with the minimal of fuss while delivering top performances every week, he has assists to his name already too, I think if you asked Wes Burns he would say part of his playeof the season award should go to Janoi.
Yes indeed, thank you Paul Hurst, you did get something right.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:25 am

Donacien for me is the most improved player at ITFC and even better when Burns is playing given their brilliant link up play.

This said, the thread is less about Donacien and more about McKenna and his pre match preparation which should help us win matches that previously may have been drawn or gain a point where games may have been lost.

Maybe Man United are missing him.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:29 am

I read the article yesterday, and I'm really not surprised. You can pick up on KM's football intelligence just by listening to and reading his comments.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:32 am

Loved reading this, just makes you feel the club is in such good hands with KM.

Very positive.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:33 am

It's quite staggering what KM could achieve as a Manager, he's destined for the top in my opinion, he probably won't be here next season if we don't go up, thankfully we are going up. 😉

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:50 am

Certainly there will be teams higher up the league who will be watching his progress and while clubs he has been involved in in the past, Spurs and ManU need proven managers, I bet he is already on the radars of a few Championship sides! Mind you, Liam Manning was looking very promising last season, prior to having his best players sold!
Whatever happens, I hope KM repays the faith and perhaps calculated gamble that this club has shown him in giving him his break! I'd like to think, from the positive noises coming from PR, that Everybody at the club has bought into the long term vision

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:53 am

We should offer him a big improved contract the day we win promotion.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:00 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:53 am
IMO that should already be set as a clause in the current contract.

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:25 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:53 am
He has already said it seems no one ever leave Suffolk once theyve been involved with ITFC so......................!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: