League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we make it 4 in a row?

Shrewsbury Town win
No votes
Ipswich Town Win
72%
Draw
28%

Total votes: 18

hallamblue

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:16 pm

Didn’t they also dump their own debt on the club when they took it over?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:28 pm

Another 4 changes for Man U tonight but it’s not done any harm so far as they’ve run rings round Liverpool for the first hour and lead 2-0. Not much chance of meeting them in the Championship next season. Forget it on tonight’s performance so far.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:03 pm

That was a brilliant game! ManU showed passion & commitment. Liverpool will struggle this season. The exit of Mane will not be replaced. I don’t hate ManU like many on this forum. They should always be top 4 in my opinion. Great advert for English football! Rock on!!

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:00 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:28 pm
Another 4 changes for Man U tonight but it’s not done any harm so far as they’ve run rings round Liverpool for the first hour and lead 2-0. Not much chance of meeting them in the Championship next season. Forget it on tonight’s performance so far.
yeah your right mate, assume we will meet Liverpool in the Championship instead! :lol: :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:39 am

number 9 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:03 pm
That was a brilliant game! ManU showed passion & commitment. Liverpool will struggle this season. The exit of Mane will not be replaced. I don’t hate ManU like many on this forum. They should always be top 4 in my opinion. Great advert for English football! Rock on!!
I don’t hate Man Utd… in fact I’d “hate” clubs like Chelski, and Man City more for some reason. People( fans) have always “ hated” Man Utd though haven’t they, it’s almost a tradition. :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:21 pm

Bro-in-law…… a highly intelligent & successful cardiologist from Winchester. (Should really be a Southampton supporter)
Man Utd ———>> “MY TEAM, MY TEAM!”
Fk off, James.
Even my wee sister is sometimes giving it, “Fk off, James.”

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:18 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:39 am
number 9 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:03 pm
I don’t hate Man Utd… in fact I’d “hate” clubs like Chelski, and Man City more for some reason. People( fans) have always “ hated” Man Utd though haven’t they, it’s almost a tradition. :lol:
Only twice felt tangible loathing toward them, the horror of the 9 - 0 shambles in 1995 (although initial reaction was one of acute embarrassment), and being present at a Cup Final ten years previous after a particular game and score. Other than that it's all rather indifferent. Thought the treble achievement in '99 was outstanding although a little greedy. Like it or not, to go that length of competition and the caliber of teams they beat en-route to win it : it were amazing.