Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazzz67

Re: Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:08 pm

cheers Hallam, id do both but think realistically only can do one, prob going to be the Derby game, we'll see

Whilst im there will hopefully pick up a new home top or the black number.

Would be good to meet up with a few of you for a cheeky half if anyone fancies lol.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:11 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:51 am
Anyone (charnwood) got a pinky on the pulse regarding Leicester?
Whats happening there? Why they so poor this season?
Financially in the sh*t Marko, I’ve not yet seen it in print but I’m reliably informed they are about to announce record losses for last year, probably the biggest loss all current Prem League Clubs and the owners are desperate to get their finances under control before investing anymore money.

Manager and fans are pissed off with no new signings until the very last day of the transfer window when they panic spent €13m signing the Belgiun CD Wout Faes, and this was only a fractional reinvestment spend of the €83m Wesley Fofana money received from Chelsea.

Last season they spent €65m on three players who all struggled to establish themselves as regulars in the first team which I think pissed off the owners who didn’t want a repeat situation this season.

From the fans point of view they disliked losing their Captain Kaspar Schmeicel who was definitely a fan’s favourite and of course the club have also sold Kante and Chilwell also to Chelsea and McGuire to Man Utd over recent seasons all seen as weakening the team. There are also rumours that Maddison and Tielemans could also depart the club in January which makes nobody happy.

The club have also recently spent more than £100m buying a local golf club and developing it into a state of the art Training Facility with accommodation, sadly if they don’t get it right on the pitch it could become a massive white elephant of a project.

Unless something changes quickly it’s looking more and more likely we’ll be playing them in The Championship next season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:44 am

Dazzz67 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:08 pm
cheers Hallam, id do both but think realistically only can do one, prob going to be the Derby game, we'll see

Would be good to meet up with a few of you for a cheeky half if anyone fancies lol.
Always happy to meet for a beer, usually use the c*ck and pye pub before games when I go for a pre match drink.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:19 am

£100M golf club idea sounds incredibly stupid.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:47 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:44 am
Dazzz67 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:08 pm

Always happy to meet for a beer, usually use the c*ck and pye pub before games when I go for a pre match drink.
Yip, I’m up for that 👍😁

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:52 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:11 pm
marko69 wrote:
Financially in the sh*t Marko, I’ve not yet seen it in print but I’m reliably informed they are about to announce record losses for last year, probably the biggest loss all current Prem League Clubs and the owners are desperate to get their finances under control before investing anymore money.

Manager and fans are pissed off with no new signings until the very last day of the transfer window when they panic spent €13m signing the Belgiun CD Wout Faes, and this was only a fractional reinvestment spend of the €83m Wesley Fofana money received from Chelsea.

Last season they spent €65m on three players who all struggled to establish themselves as regulars in the first team which I think pissed off the owners who didn’t want a repeat situation this season.

From the fans point of view they disliked losing their Captain Kaspar Schmeicel who was definitely a fan’s favourite and of course the club have also sold Kante and Chilwell also to Chelsea and McGuire to Man Utd over recent seasons all seen as weakening the team. There are also rumours that Maddison and Tielemans could also depart the club in January which makes nobody happy.

The club have also recently spent more than £100m buying a local golf club and developing it into a state of the art Training Facility with accommodation, sadly if they don’t get it right on the pitch it could become a massive white elephant of a project.

Unless something changes quickly it’s looking more and more likely we’ll be playing them in The Championship next season.
It’s like Town just prior to administration isn’t it. And this isn’t the first time Leicester have gone down this road is it. From memory, didn’t they somehow manage to literally walk away from their debts without punishment , yet we, a few years later got done.

It beggars belief that clubs still get drawn into this false sense of financial security just because they have very rich backers . Seems the death of the original owner has perhaps seen a change in funding to the Club?

I just hope Town are being diligent with spending / selling despite our wealthy backers. I’m well aware that I’ve day they will want to recoup their outlay and look to sell us. Maybe this might happen to Leicester? What do you think Andy??
Last edited by hallamblue on Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:43 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:19 am
Surely that is a good idea for the long term though, if that facility can help them nurture and develop young talent into good players - either for their first team or to sell on for big money.

I suspect the tighter finances have just happened to quickly, and has impacted the dressing room/broke the good atmosphere at the club, and that can quickly make a team slide downwards. They still have a team capable of staying in the Premier league, but you'd have to say not all of their recent signings have come good - which has made the hole they had from losing players even bigger.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:51 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:52 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:11 pm
marko69 wrote:

It’s like Town just prior to administration isn’t it. And this isn’t the first time Leicester have gone down this road is it. From memory, didn’t they somehow manage to literally walk away from their debts without punishment , yet we, a few years later got done.

It beggars belief that clubs still get drawn into this false sense of financial security just because they have very rich backers . Seems the death of the original owner has perhaps seen a change in funding to the Club?

I just hope Town are being diligent with spending / selling despite our wealthy backers. I’m well aware that I’ve day they will want to recoup their outlay and look to sell us. Maybe this might happen to Leicester? What do you think Andy??
King Power International Group is a Thai travel retail company in Bangkok. I can only imagine they have taken a big hit financially with the Pandemic. Duty free shopping malls in airports can't survive without travellers or tourists. Just a hunch.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:29 am

marko69 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:19 am
I think the fact it was a golf club is immaterial Marko. The golf club was on the verge of going bust the value was in the site which was relatively flat and a good location. Most of the £100m spend was on development costs with multiple pitches one of which is a complete replica of the King Power Stadium.

Liz is perfectly correct in the connection between Leicester City and ITFC when we went into free fall, just swap Portman Road Ground Development for Leicesters Training facility.

Anyway this is where all the money has gone;
https://www.lcfc.com/lcfctrainingground

PS; I’d forgotten they also sold Riyad Mahrez to Manchester City for £60m

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:41 pm

Yes, worded badly. Golf is immaterial completely.I meant buying that much land. Buying that much land that is “a golf course” for £100M, and then having to create whats required to make it what they want it. What? ——> another £500M maybe?
Crazy idea. In my opinion of course. 🤷‍♂️

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:05 pm

I think £100m is all in, land + the building work.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:21 pm

cheap as chips

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:09 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:21 pm
cheap as chips
Reminds me of growing up in Suffolk…we used to get a bag of scraps for free from the local chippy. We just sprinkled some salt and vinegar on the scraps and it was a good snack. Asked for a bag of scraps several years later when I was visiting and the chip lady says that’ll be 2 pounds! :shock:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:44 pm

New 2022 saying......., dear as scraps?! :D

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:02 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:44 pm
New 2022 saying......., dear as scraps?! :D
:lol: I like that! Talking to the boss, I need a COST OF SCRAPS pay raise FFS!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:26 pm

Don't want to be guilty of changing the transfer thread into the Fish n chips thread......., but last Friday, had first Fish n chips for literally AGES. And last.
£8.30??

That's EIGHT POUNDS, THIRTY PENCE.

They can ram that. Jeezo :shock:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:42 pm

8 pounds for fish & chips! f*ck me, I’m glad moved!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:16 am

number 9 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:42 pm
Hey No 9 that’s a shed load cheaper than fish & chips in the US !
We went to the British Fish & Chip shop in Santa Monica in April and F&C takeaway for 4 people Inc a drink each for me and the missus whilst we waited for them to be cooked was 140 US$. On exchange rate at the time that was just over £100. Today with our new PM and a crashed £ it would be £120.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:33 am

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:16 am
number 9 wrote:
We went to the British Fish & Chip shop in Santa Monica in April and F&C takeaway for 4 people Inc a drink each for me and the missus whilst we waited for them to be cooked was 140 US$. On exchange rate at the time that was just over £100. Today with our new PM and a crashed £ it would be £120.
Yeah they've always overcharged for fish & chips in the US, but that is a bit extreme. I remember I went to a fancy restaurant in Fort Wort years ago, and I ordered a bottle of water with the meal. I almost shat when I saw the bill...$8 for a bottle of water! It's probably $15 now.

Anyway, sorry for straying away from the main topic of the thread. Please carry on. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:09 pm

Charnwood wrote:
number 9 wrote:
Never used "F&C" to say fish & chips before. That's usually a pet name the Mrs uses for me. ❤️

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:26 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:09 pm
Charnwood wrote:
number 9 wrote:
Never used "F&C" to say fish & chips before. That's usually a pet name the Mrs uses for me. ❤️
😂😂😂

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:41 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:26 pm
Don't want to be guilty of changing the transfer thread into the Fish n chips thread......., but last Friday, had first Fish n chips for literally AGES. And last.
£8.30??

That's EIGHT POUNDS, THIRTY PENCE.

They can ram that. Jeezo :shock:
Just bought 4 cod and 2 lots of chips, £37.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:46 pm

Just had 2 chunky cod in batter n oven chips n peas , £3.00

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:23 pm

It looks like Rumours & Transfers has run out of steam. 🤣

Anyway to get back on track we have a fabulous F&C shop/ restaurant here in Moraira with eat in or takeaway prices exactly the same. We’re booked in at 8pm tonight just for me to check their prices, and of course enjoy the meal. I’ll update you on the price later but I’m guessing post Brexit it will have increased a fair bit as all their fish comes from Grimsby. Or at least it used too before Brexit. With the pound in free fall it will also cost a tad more as my pension is paid in Sterling. Happy days.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:21 pm

At least something good came out of Grimsby

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:01 pm

Fish & Chips in Spain last night €20.50 for 2 x Medium Cod & Chips. ( £17.80). Pretty much the same as UK.

At least petrol prices have come down again, I’ve just paid €1.49 a Litre for petrol (£1.29) which is well down from a peak of €2.05 a few weeks back. The difference in price for a fill up more than paid for the fish & chips.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:03 pm

Any transfer rumours ? … can we still make loan signings or are those restricted for emergencies only
?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:17 pm

You aren't all electric on the road yet, Charnwood?? Tut tut tut

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:55 pm

All electric cars are still only circa 10% of the market here Marko and was much less when I bought my current car new nearly 3 years ago. I think I’m just about ready to go rechargeable hybrid but still a long way off going all electric. Has anyone gone all electric ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:17 pm

At about 80 grand for a decent sized van……. No chance as yet for me.

Edit to add: the tut tut tut was just being funny……. Wife’s car also full diesel. We’re both contributing fully to shrinking the polar bear islands of ice. But i do pay £2 a month to adopt one. Saw that ad while watching afternoon columbo. 👍