HM Queen Elizabeth

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

bluejacko

HM Queen Elizabeth

Post by bluejacko » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:55 pm

RIP Ma’am you will be missed!

mendipblue

Re: HM Queen Elizabeth

Post by mendipblue » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:29 pm

I can honestly say I am upset that the Queen has died 😥

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:59 pm

Loved though out the Commonwealth as well.

Remember a royal visit by her to NZ in the mid 70's ............ I was a kid and my grandmother carted me around the Christchurch for a whole day trying to get repeated glimpses of the Queen. I remember QEII waving at me so she must have recognised me. ;-)

RIP

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:38 am

I remember being in Ipswich when she visited for her Silver Jubilee. Regardless of your thoughts on the Royal family, this woman earned her keep. She’s represented GB with composure & integrity. Her unbiased rule will be echoed for centuries. RIP Lilibet! You’ve served your country immensely with humiliation and dedication to the cause.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:40 am

Whatever peoples views on the Monarchy. This lady was something very special. She was the very fabric of this nation and provided a stability to everything that is viewed as The United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. She worked very long hours, every day, for over 70 years. There’s no one on here I doubt that could even really comprehend what that commitment to a nation actually entails. Yet she remained dedicated, humble, conscientious, and demonstrated humility & humour and I think Charles will find it almost impossible to replica.

I have the utmost respect for her and I will miss her. She has been in my life, for my whole life.

RIP Your Majesty.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:15 am

In my opinion she was THE greatest Monarch the world has ever known, and lived for her Country. God Bless her soul and my thoughts and condolences are with her family including King Charles 111 who has a hard act to follow.

RIP Your Majesty and Thank You for all you did for our Country. 🌹

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:39 am

I never have been and never will be a royalist, In fact I have serious misgivings about the Royal family, however she was without question the greatest ever Monach of our country and dedicated her whole life to serving our country and its people. I'm reading so much disrespect elsewhere the site should be closed down.

R.I.P Ma'am and God bless you.

For the record I think Saturday’s games should go ahead, what better tribute than the whole footballing family saluting her at 3pm.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:24 am

There is no way I have ever been or will ever be a royalist.

However, the loss of Her Majesty is a sad thing for this country and far beyond.

She was, without doubt, the greatest stateswoman in history.I am absolutely stunned by her passing.

RIP Ma'am

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:43 am

Weekend matches are cancelled

"Further to discussions on Friday morning it has been determined that all EFL fixtures from 9-10 September will be postponed as a mark of respect by the National Sport to the passing of HRH Queen Elizabeth II.

This is aligned with the approach that the Premier League and the FA will take with their competitions this weekend.

Further information, in respect of how football, Clubs and their supporters will commemorate Her Majesty’s reign will be confirmed at an appropriate point.

Details regarding rearranged games will be announced in due course."

*Taken from ITFC website*

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:18 pm

The feeling was surreal when news reports confirmed it. If you didn't feel some level of hurt or affection then you're not human. Yes she was a 96 year old woman with probable underlying health concerns but the time of passing came as a shock nonetheless. Only met with new UK Prime Minister two or three days back which only serves greater bewilderment.

So much you could say on one individual but not always the time to accommodate it. Great monarch, figure of pride not only to Great Britain but other commonwealth nations with it. The passing of Duke of Edinburgh only last year would have played hard on the poor woman but she had a wonderful life and reached an age many of us could only dream of. Traveled extensively and did her duties, bottom line, she were immense.

Not since George VI has UK had a King, 70 years of one reigning monarch is incredible. Whether you're in favor of the Royal Family or otherwise, take nothing away, Queen Elizabeth II was a figure in the realms of greatness and someone who could inspire and much loved. The world will be a poorer place with her passing. We knew she couldn't go on forever, both as Queen and a standalone individual, but once again, when the news item came through, a whole group of feelings became prevalent. You will be missed.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:50 pm

Won't they have to change the national anthem now. Gave it some thought earlier but even the British concur it is (or was) fails to really motivate, inspire, something to take pride in. Wonder sometimes why Jerusalem or Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance was never taken up or utilized to proper effect.

Change of bank notes, coins, don't when it'll be implemented but Charles III will have to appear on currency sooner or later. Queen faces one way, King looks the other, heard a news item concerning it. Going to be a whole lot of estate and finances to pass on to beneficiaries you can only imagine.

Diana would have been Queen if not for her untimely demise, don't think Parker-Bowles inherits the full title. The former would have made for a splendid monarch, you can't question it. As a last, wonder just how long Charles can remain as King, he's waited long enough for it and sure he'll do a stellar job with it but (with the advancing years) imagine William won't have to wait that long to take any throne.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:34 pm

The wing-nut 20cents from Australia......, Chucks ears?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:28 am

Weird hearing God Save Our King being sung. Doesn't feel right.... its going to trip a few up.

Sung yesterday at the cricket.

https://youtu.be/IVnq_GqJwwA

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:08 am

How did cricket manage to go ahead at The Oval? Was it only the Football Leagues that cancelled all proceedings?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:57 pm

Well can’t speak for all the other cities but from a policing logistical aspect, having to deal with the Queen arriving in Edinburgh later today AND a Hearts v St.Mirren game ——>> jambos & Valleyroads mates fi Paisley?? ——>> disaster! :D

And in London today, with all the new King Charles stuff……., all 3 EPL games (Gunners, ‘ammers & Palace) were due to be in London so yep, cancel those.

Maybe……. The majority of the full card was cancelled due to just that fact. Policing.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:32 pm

🤷‍♂️

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:49 pm

deleted

RIP Your Majesty and THANK YOU,
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:44 pm

Counter argument to that one, Balls could be there might be a large number of the children not bothered their arse that they've got a Sunday off. From my youngest sons days in his team, (around about the Play Station One era); whenever a match was rained off, they'd sometimes be delighted to have the game off......, the parents were more annoyed!
Got to think the children you speak of will be having a snapchatting, instagramming, tiktoking Sunday. They'll be fine.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:49 pm

deleted
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:52 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:46 pm
And some of them indoctrinated into gangs or abused by sickos because theyve lost their route of escape.
Yes, those kids are very unfortunate, (my wife works in that type of work with back to college / uni youngsters), but to bring this up into this conversation is a bit of a stretch, no? Games get called off for all kinds of reasons.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:17 pm

deleted
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:00 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:17 pm
Anyone would think that SPORT was the be all and end all and the only thing that matters, people along the route to Edinburg, at Buck House, Windsor, parents took their kids to watch history unfolding and to say thank you, that’s what’s important to me,

Kids need to know about the past, even if they think they don’t,

All sports from top to bottom should be cancelled for the whole 7 to 10 days for mourning, then little Johnny can stay at home and learn all about what this lady did for him and us unselfishly,
But it's sad today it's all about “look at poor little me” not going to football, cricket etc etc, :astroll:
I’m afraid I don’t agree. I really doing get the “7 days of mourning” or whatever the number is, but you still go to work. I admire the Queen and her work ethic, but don’t see the need for a Royal Family/ monarch at all. We are pretty much a republic in so far as the monarch has no power or authority - as demonstrated that she could not prevent Johnson’s illegal proroguing of Parliament, only the courts could do that.
It’s never happened here before in my lifetime, but whenever elsewhere there has been a period of mourning, I’ve always asked what does it mean. I suspect the decision to postpone all the footy was just a panic that some in Liverpool might not respect a minute’s silence. And fit that, all football is stopped. Johnson’s Government have moved to make just about any protest potentially illegal, and although I wouldn’t support a disruption of a minute’s silence, I respect anyone’s right to protest. Just as I respect their right to strike and withdraw labour. I wonder also if the move was a panic in case they were attacked by the Daily Mail if they went ahead - only to find out later that other sports were indeed going ahead.
At times like this I’m glad to be an old man without too many years left to watch the decline of our country where freedom of speech and opinion are being stamped on by the procedures elite who run our country.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:21 pm

Think I'd prefer a site full of car w*nkers than the direction this is going.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:16 am

My churro's covered in chocolate sauce were gorgeous last night. 😋

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:09 am

goldandblack wrote:
Anyone would think that SPORT was the be all and end all and the only thing that matters, people along the route to Edinburg, at Buck House, Windsor, parents took their kids to watch history unfolding and to say thank you, that’s what’s important to me,

All sports from top to bottom should be cancelled for the whole 7 to 10 days for mourning, then little Johnny can stay at home and learn all about what this lady did for him and us unselfishly,
But it's sad today it's all about “look at poor little me” not going to football, cricket etc etc, :astroll:
Sorry, but that sort of dictatorial attitude is how it all started in Nazi Germany.
I'm not against national mourning, but this is a free country and people should be left to decide for themselves.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:09 am

Yeah, I'm sorry, I don't see that at all GnB. Maybe had she died suddenly in her 40s or 50s, then that's different, but if you can't celebrate at life of 96 years, then when on earth can you? I think a week of sorrow is really teaching kids the wrong things about death and starting them on a road to a bad relationship with the topic personally. They should be taught at school and by their parents who the Royal family are, the history around it etc etc, but again, I don't think a week of mourning and lessons (likely to be boring in their eyes) is really the best way to celebrate her life and teach them in the best way.

Everyone can mourn in their own way, but by cancelling sports you are stopping those what want to come together, want to sing, applaud, fall silent in respect. I think it's very poor form to suggest that everyone who thinks sports should go ahead are merely out for themselves and just cheesed off that they don't have a game of footie to go to. Sport has always been possibly the best way to bring people together after tough times.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:00 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:21 pm
Think I'd prefer a site full of car w*nkers than the direction this is going.
Your right Marco, also its not the thread to bring into disrepute, just wanted to see who was in that car :D
OK Just one last comment, As for BlueMike covering his Churro’s in Chocolate, ,"I say Orf with his head" , :wink:

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:33 am

Andym wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:00 pm
goldandblack wrote:

I’m afraid I don’t agree. I really doing get the “7 days of mourning” or whatever the number is, but you still go to work. I admire the Queen and her work ethic, but don’t see the need for a Royal Family/ monarch at all. We are pretty much a republic in so far as the monarch has no power or authority - as demonstrated that she could not prevent Johnson’s illegal proroguing of Parliament, only the courts could do that.
It’s never happened here before in my lifetime, but whenever elsewhere there has been a period of mourning, I’ve always asked what does it mean. I suspect the decision to postpone all the footy was just a panic that some in Liverpool might not respect a minute’s silence. And fit that, all football is stopped. Johnson’s Government have moved to make just about any protest potentially illegal, and although I wouldn’t support a disruption of a minute’s silence, I respect anyone’s right to protest. Just as I respect their right to strike and withdraw labour. I wonder also if the move was a panic in case they were attacked by the Daily Mail if they went ahead - only to find out later that other sports were indeed going ahead.
At times like this I’m glad to be an old man without too many years left to watch the decline of our country where freedom of speech and opinion are being stamped on by the procedures elite who run our country.
https://twitter.com/lunchtime_vibes/sta ... lQvY4fbf3g Your right about the Liverpool fans. They are scum

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:15 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:33 am
https://twitter.com/lunchtime_vibes/sta ... lQvY4fbf3g Your right about the Liverpool fans. They are scum

deleted
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:38 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:15 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:33 am

Not all did, but You just know they will blame everyone else as usual, but on the plus side at least the whole or any misguided thinking on those scouse have now been corrected.and by themselves.

probably the French, Yorkshire Police and the heysail stewards, will be blamed or perhaps the royal family?, if I was their manager or a player I'd have walked off in disgrace, and Klipy de Klopp should resign and walk away.
Yep as usual it's never there fault. It's about time the football Authorities started punishing the club with fines or points deductions then just maybe the club would actually condem the behaviour of the scum and even ban them from the stadium starting with the silly cow who was laughing at the disrespect of the minutes silence.