EFLT (Group H) - Ipswich Town vs Arsenal Under 21's Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Through to the next round?

Town Win
67%
Arse Win
22%
Penalties
11%

Total votes: 9

mendipblue

Re: EFLT (Group H) - Ipswich Town vs Arsenal Under 21's Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by mendipblue » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:32 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:30 pm
Nice finish 👏👏👏
:lol: :lol: offside but nice finish. 1 out of 6 chances not good enough sorry.

AzzurroMark

Re: EFLT (Group H) - Ipswich Town vs Arsenal Under 21's Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:34 pm

JamessB wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:31 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:25 pm
Reading the EADT comments, seems the crowd are willing Ladapo to score! That is precisely what is needed, encouragement not criticism.
Seems like it worked!!
Well done Freddie. Amazing what a bit of belief can do.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
mendipblue wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:24 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:13 pm
I agree, keep hounding the bloody guy.
Can he hear me? Am I making him play sh*te? The answer your looking for is NO!! Thank f*ck he has not been substituted which means he won't start Sunday..
No but we can read your constant bullshit
:lol: :lol: we read your "Bullshit" every match preview makes a change for others to read somebody else's :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:37 pm

Perfect striker finish from Ladapo which should do so much for his confidence. Fabulous build up play too and a great assist.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:41 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:35 pm
Bluemike wrote:
mendipblue wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:24 pm

Can he hear me? Am I making him play sh*te? The answer your looking for is NO!! Thank f*ck he has not been substituted which means he won't start Sunday..
No but we can read your constant bullshit
:lol: :lol: we read your "Bullshit" every match preview makes a change for others to read somebody else's :lol:
Happy to pass it over to you to do

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:45 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:37 pm
Perfect striker finish from Ladapo which should do so much for his confidence. Fabulous build up play too and a great assist.
I'm delighted for the lad. I hope it does give him a lift and he can kick on from here.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:47 pm

Thought we played well tonight, its great we can make so many changes yet still play the same way, shows the manager has really got his ways into the whole squad.

We created alot and should have been more clinical and scored more, Ladapo looked shot of confidence but then to be fair he took his goal really well and his huge smile said it all.

Ball looks very good, hard to imagine how he can get a start at present though! It's ridiculous in central midfield, especially when you've got Kamara and also Humphreys - who had a decent game tonight.

Keogh was solid and you could see him getting minutes before too long.

Good vibes!!

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:47 pm

MasseyFerguson wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:45 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:37 pm
I'm delighted for the lad. I hope it does give him a lift and he can kick on from here.
Totally agree let's hope he does kick on he certainly works hard, I was impressed with Ball and Humphreys.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:48 pm

Another great team performance with 8 changes from Saturday and tonights X1 all looking comfortable playing the McKenna way. Don Ball looks worthy of a start, and some of Cameron Humphries passing was sublime, in fact there wasn’t really a stand out weakness in the team although as always some did better than others.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:54 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:32 pm
Cabanas Blue wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:30 pm
Nice finish 👏👏👏
:lol: :lol: offside but nice finish. 1 out of 6 chances not good enough sorry.
Number 89 played him onside, not the guy closest to him. 100% onside.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:05 pm

We really do have some idiots following our club. Singing songs taking the p*ss out of Ladapo is really going to help his confidence. Tbh if he had given them the finger when he scored I wouldn’t have blamed him one bit.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:08 pm

I wasn’t going to watch tonight but so pleased I did because that was really entertaining. I’m so impressed with the squad McKenna has put together with each and every one looking capable of playing the way he wants the game played. This must be so rewarding to the recruitment team seeing the new signings fitting in with the McKenna style of play with relative ease and looking comfortable in the process.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:18 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:05 pm
We really do have some idiots following our club. Singing songs taking the p*ss out of Ladapo is really going to help his confidence. Tbh if he had given them the finger when he scored I wouldn’t have blamed him one bit.

The problem is Shed most of these idiots have never played the game and have little understanding of the technicalities of playing the game or the level of skill required even at League 1 level.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:24 pm

Not forgetting they are pretty thick too.

Steve

Post by Steve » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:06 am

I actually went to the game tonight, first time back to Portman since the Lambert regime. WoW, yes its only Papa John's or whatever its called and just over 5.000 fans but what a difference since my last game.

Really enjoyed the game, was decent Atmosphere also. Really great play just lacking the killer instinct really in front of goal for should of had the game sewn up way before we did, being honest by half time. Was so pleased for Ladapo, he kept getting in there, his general play was decent but hopefully he'll be more prolific and score more. Not one to get onto players back, encourage is far better than getting onto his back

For all of Arsenal U23's nice play really couldn't believe just how ignorant and lack of ideas in game play their attacking side seemed to be

Was nice to be back, few of the stewards recognised me also and looking forward to going again.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:39 pm

Read game report by way of TWTD. Seems we showed enthusiasm and a willingness to perform, all this within a competition or event many would deem trivial and insignificant. One or two of our players came in for criticism, two schools of thought here, they earn a substantial salary to do a job people would expect to see carried out to the best of their abilities while on the other hand many names are just fitting in / newly arrived and any nerves or not providing one hundred percent may be overlooked.

Read McKenna put out a strong team, I don't see the benefit of risking first team names for action of this nature however given we're #1 in the League and now looking to expand further, guess there were a certain direction in mind. 5,000 was about an expected crowd.