FA Cup - Bracknell Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

No surprises?

Bracknell Town Win
No votes
Ipswich Town Win
100%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 15

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: FA Cup - Bracknell Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:30 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:29 pm
3-0 up, time to gift them a goal methinks
Yes come on, Ipswich,....., go all out Hibs

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:34 pm

Brought in about 3 academy players now …

KVY gets MOTM … good for him

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:38 pm

Professional performance. A potential banana skin all day long in my book. So well played Town. 👍

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:40 pm

Buxton in the next round! Surely Keiran will not water the team down! :wink:

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:49 pm

Phew!!! They had me worried for a while!! :shock: :)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:49 pm

Nice one. Job done

Deportivo Al La Buxton next round

Another job for the Satnav

"In One Hundred Yards, turn around........, and go home......, because I have no fking clue."

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:50 pm

Becoming a habit this winning on TV. :wink:

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:56 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:49 pm
Nice one. Job done

Deportivo Al La Buxton next round

Another job for the Satnav

"In One Hundred Yards, turn around........, and go home......, because I have no fking clue."
It's at Portman Road

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:58 pm

Really? Someone tell Kieron......., even he thinks its at Buxton :lol:

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:03 pm

Nice touch to see Keogh in the Bracknell changing room chatting with one of their managers!
I love that humility this club appears to have about it, KM was very complimentary of Bracknell. It feels we have got a bit of that old "family club" tag back again.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:14 pm

Yes it’s nice to see isnt it and does our reputation in the game no harm at all 👍

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:14 pm

It wouldn’t be unusual either for the pro club to forfeit their share of the gate money which in this case would be circa £20k. It would be a nice touch if we did.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:18 pm

Tbh Andy, I think that would a fantastic gesture by us . I really hope we do

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:18 pm

Not sure about everybody else but feeling a little deflated and underwhelmed, we made bloody hard work of that, even thought playing like we did how the hell are we going to see the season out and gain promotion.

Defensively Keogh, not impressed with his performance, Humphries looked a little out of place, KJ, apart from his pace not alot. Even with the subs thar came on did not make a big difference. Its either me or the way Bracknell frustrated us.

Yes a decent win but any neutral watching that would think Ipswich Town, not that impressive at all.

Maybe a good nights sleep will make me feel better lol.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:23 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:46 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:35 pm
I’ve seen more movement in a funeral parlour. This is fecking terrible.
Did you know fresh corpses can have erections?
Is that why they are known as a stiff? I did find out about them releasing their body fluids when dealing with one in the mortuary at the hospital where I worked. Apologies to anybody having their supper. :lol:

JamessB

Post by JamessB » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:26 pm

It was always going to be one of those games where we had nothing to gain and everything to lose, win and it was expected but lose and it would have been the end of the world!

Job done and move on to the next game.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:46 pm

I think we absolutely pissed this it was more like a training session and they didn't look like they were going to score, straightforward win as I predicted, Bracknell just ran out of puff, and the fitness we have shown in abundance, 3-0 well-done boys. COYB

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:46 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:18 pm
Not sure about everybody else but feeling a little deflated and underwhelmed, we made bloody hard work of that, even thought playing like we did how the hell are we going to see the season out and gain promotion.

Defensively Keogh, not impressed with his performance, Humphries looked a little out of place, KJ, apart from his pace not alot. Even with the subs thar came on did not make a big difference. Its either me or the way Bracknell frustrated us.

Yes a decent win but any neutral watching that would think Ipswich Town, not that impressive at all.

Maybe a good nights sleep will make me feel better lol.
Will not deny I felt on edge for a long while, however I think we did a professional enough job. Credit should go to Bracknell too! The FA Cup is constantly littered with big scalps, this latest round no different.
Listening to KM's post-match verdict, I don't feel he ever felt we were uncomfortable.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:37 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:46 pm
I think we absolutely pissed the second half....
Fixed that for you, Ash

Text from buddy when I asked about that second half.

"You joking? I didn't watch that. Bored to tears. Switched over for the jungle." 🇦🇺

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:30 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:00 pm
BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:52 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:34 pm
I’ve just learned for the first time that Richard Keogh began his career as a trainee at Ipswich Town, I’ve not read that before. 🤔
Call yourself a Town fan Charny..
Embarrassing 😳 not to know that. 😂
Charny is getting on a bit. Hopefully he’s not brushing his teeth with shaving cream…yet! :lol:
Why is it I think you’ve actually already done this No 9, maybe share your experience 🤣🤣🤣

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:29 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:30 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:00 pm
BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:52 pm

Call yourself a Town fan Charny..
Embarrassing 😳 not to know that. 😂
Charny is getting on a bit. Hopefully he’s not brushing his teeth with shaving cream…yet! :lol:
Why is it I think you’ve actually already done this No 9, maybe share your experience 🤣🤣🤣
I had a pal who didn't realise where he had put the toothpaste, until he started to clean his teeth with Germaloids cream!

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:50 pm

If we are talking on the subject of close calls, my mrs had one the other day, had the false nail glue alongside her eye drops, bottles very similar, now that could of been nasty if she had not of checked first.

Whole new meaning to the phrase 'nailed it'.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:20 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:30 pm
Trust me, I've done worse things! :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:50 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:46 pm
I think we absolutely pissed this it was more like a training session and they didn't look like they were going to score, straightforward win as I predicted, Bracknell just ran out of puff, and the fitness we have shown in abundance, 3-0 well-done boys. COYB
It weren't that way particularly throughout the first period. They matched us pretty much first 45 and it were only the greater fitness and experience that saw us though. If they had carried on after half-time like before, it could maybe have gone either way.

Say again it provided a night for them they'll maybe not experience again for some time. Not just playing an oppostion from many leagues above but us as former Cup winners and you can argue the point, once one of the very best club sides in all Europe. They'll talk about it for generations to come but all said just relief to have got through on the night. They made it tougher than the scoreline would suggest.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:41 am

I think our game plan every game is to maintain possession, moving en bloc gradually up the pitch and to make the opposition run / chase the ball. Can be very effective . Then on 70mins , like click work he brings on 3-4 fresh players to run at the opposition defence, again seems to work like clockwork and us very effective. Thus is why we don’t often score in first half . We’re not looking too ( almost!) .

My only gripe is it can be pretty tedious watch us pass it around when sometimes you just want us to get the ball forward quickly and actually get in the opponents box, and make their defence work it goal keep make a save . We’re 2nd so can’t be doing too much wrong !

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:58 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:41 am
I think our game plan every game is to maintain possession, moving en bloc gradually up the pitch and to make the opposition run / chase the ball. Can be very effective . Then on 70mins , like click work he brings on 3-4 fresh players to run at the opposition defence, again seems to work like clockwork and us very effective. Thus is why we don’t often score in first half . We’re not looking too ( almost!) .

My only gripe is it can be pretty tedious watch us pass it around when sometimes you just want us to get the ball forward quickly and actually get in the opponents box, and make their defence work it goal keep make a save . We’re 2nd so can’t be doing too much wrong !
To be honest mate, that is something I have not found under McKenna at all, I think sometimes our expectations take over us which is to be expected, but tedious ? Not sure on that One.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:06 pm

Do not doubt any of that at all, and no right to either as i see little to no English League One football. (See plenty sh*te in Scotland though)

However……, first half v Bracknell……. Defensively, headless chickens would’ve done an equally good job at dealing with Bracknells level in front of goal. Inswinging balls from corners on the right….. (vs Bracknell :shock: )? ——>> Town were counting on pure luck.

Thankfully the screw was turned 2nd half…… got to put that down to Kieron maybe having some choice words……. I personally do not see it as Bracknell tiring out, ….. no chance. They were up for it most of the game.

Vs, Buxton…… defo not as confident as the 6-0. Maybe 4-0.

COYB’s

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:39 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:58 am
hallamblue wrote:

To be honest mate, that is something I have not found under McKenna at all, I think sometimes our expectations take over us which is to be expected, but tedious ? Not sure on that One.
I supposed maybe the term is "frustrated with it", when we don't give the early forward ball (they don't even look for it sometimes), and then pass it back or sideways. Sometimes there is an opening to get that ball forwards earlier, but we don't do it, and bring it back to "build again". I know what they are trying to do, eg pull the opposition out of position and work them, but I find it frustrating at times to watch.

I'm an Arian, I like action baby!! :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:29 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:39 pm
I supposed maybe the term is "frustrated with it", when we don't give the early forward ball (they don't even look for it sometimes), and then pass it back or sideways. Sometimes there is an opening to get that ball forwards earlier, but we don't do it, and bring it back to "build again". I know what they are trying to do, eg pull the opposition out of position and work them, but I find it frustrating at times to watch.

Sounds like you've just described how 90% of Prem teams play. :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:08 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:39 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:58 am
hallamblue wrote:

My ex wife is an Arian. Incredibly nice woman.