Burns left out of wales squad

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

shabba

Burns left out of wales squad

Post by shabba » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:18 pm

Shame for him, naturally it’s good for us but I’d still have wanted him to go as it would be a great experience (even on such a controversial WC).

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Burns left out of wales squad

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:06 pm

I'm glad he's not in it, pointless tournament

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:06 pm
I'm glad he's not in it, pointless tournament
Totally agree plus he wouldn't have got any game time, I certainly don't intend to watch any world cup games I just hope some lower league games are on TV.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:13 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:58 pm
Hes not good enough for that level.

No better than anyone else in our team. In fact there's a few I'd put in front of him.
That’s a bit harsh on last season’s top goal scorer. I’m sure he’s gutted he didn’t make the Wales squad. I don’t understand why a few fans are so critical of Burns. Rossi busts his as* all the time and yet supports Ladapo to the hilt. Burns is a valuable player for ITFC and we’re lucky to have him.
Last edited by number 9 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:14 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:13 pm
BlueBalls wrote:

No better than anyone else in our team. In fact there's a few I'd put in front of him.
That’s a bit harsh on last season’s top goal scorer. I’m sure he’s gutted he didn’t make the Wales squad. I don’t understand why a few fans are so critical of Burns. Rossi busts his as* all the time and yet supports Ladapo to the tilt. Burns is a valuable player for ITFC and we’re lucky to have him.
Well said. Solid player at this level, was always going to be hard to maintain the form from last season, especially now we are a more balanced side with Davies.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:21 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:13 pm
BlueBalls wrote:

That’s a bit harsh on last season’s top goal scorer. I’m sure he’s gutted he didn’t make the Wales squad. I don’t understand why a few fans are so critical of Burns. Rossi busts his as* all the time and yet supports Ladapo to the tilt. Burns is a valuable player for ITFC and we’re lucky to have him.
👍👌

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:41 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:21 pm
👍👌
👍👌

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:04 am

I really like Burns which is why I'm glad he's been omitted and not just going to sit on the bench while missing crucial Town games, very good news.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:40 am

I feel a bit sorry for him as it was clear from his recent interviews that he more than half expected to be included, and none of us likes the feeling of being left out of something. I don't agree with the snipe that I'm always busting his arse, I just say things as I see them, and as a player he really doesnt impress me (he never has). In the same way, I don't back Ladapo to the hilt, I just see him as the best striker we have at the moment (but that's not saying much).

It will be interesting now to see if Burns' club form picks up.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:14 am

Makes you laugh though. They don’t include Burns, but do include that over the hill, sick note, Johnny Williams! They deserve to be out after their first game … it’s smacks of places for best mates.

For Burns, I hope the fans belt out “his” song 🎶 on Saturday. I’m sure it’d give him a massive lift

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:39 pm

They've included Williams, wow I didn't realise. I thought it mad that he's playing league 2 football now and only 29, he's also been a bit of a talisman at times for Wales in the past... but Burns is a league higher and has been as good as any at the club, I'd wager his fitness and durability is a few tiers above Williams' too... well Wales deserve to crash out embarrassingly and good news for Town!

I don't get why people criticise Burns in the slightest, when I get a chance to watch (which isn't as often as I'd like at the moment), he always looks a class above.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:27 pm

it's a shame for him, you got to feel any sympathy. Wales' first World Cup appearance or participation since the 1950's, even if the upcoming event this year is - or will be - something of a mess. Could use stronger terminology but you know how it is.

Thought Burns would have been good enough to include in the squad although not all up on the caiber of other players within the team. Been a useful addition for us at times during domestics, all things being equal I'd have included him in their final selection.

We play (the) Welsh first up in the beginning Group stages in a short time. Not sure his omission will make that much of a difference over who prevails that day but nonetheless it should be a good event.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:55 pm

Netflix certainly pick their moment for a “FIFA - Unvovered” 4 episode, 4 hr series. :lol:

Talk about rubbing salt into the wounds. 🤦‍♂️

What the F is going on in this world today. Just toxic all over.