Ronaldo vs Man Utd

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Ronaldo vs Man Utd

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:00 pm

Looks like Ronaldo’s Man Utd career is over…..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -interview

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Ronaldo vs Man Utd

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:40 pm

He's become a complete c*ck tbh, p*ss off somewhere else then.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:44 pm

The green side of Edinburgh get George Best at the very very end of his career and the fans have nothing but respect for the guy, regardless of what he done on the pitch or in the Edinburgh clubs.

Man Utd have Cristiano Ronaldo and the entitled fkrs are all over his case…. And probably too thick to watch his interview with Piers Morgan and understand & comprehend what he’s actually saying. And its nothing AT ALL about “player being bigger than club” BS. 🤦‍♂️

Oh no. Feel the urge to text brother in law to let him know he’s an arsehole. No! Don’t!!! Make the thoughts go away!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:01 am

Petulance doesn’t age! :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:31 am

Without the interview, yes, i’d read newspapers and see “petulance”….., totally guilty of that, like the rest of this judgemental as fk world.

But nope. Guy has way too much “reference” in his life. He can make a lot of comparisons with top clubs, Juve, Real …,,. and he sees Man Utd (some claim to be biggest club on the planet) going down the pan, OR at least, not being taken as seriously as they should be by owners. He’s trying to help the cause.

My bro in law: “Yeah, but Messi isn’t moaning @ PSG!”
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Jaysus fkn Christ!! And he’s a respiratory consultant at a Hampshire hospital. Scary as fk. 🤦‍♂️

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:39 am

Sorry Marko, he's a spoilt petulant, disrespectful wanker.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:15 am

I do think he's an absolutely hideous role model :lol: and so I'm admittedly always going to be biased against anything says...

But the things that spring to my mind... Would he have done the interview if he was getting game time? No way, so he clearly holds a grudge and he's clearly very entitled.

I'm sure you're right in many ways Marko, I'm sure he makes some excellent points, but it's hardly a revelation about the Glazers, we've known they're useless for a decade at least. It's a bit like going to the press about Qatar's issues, it brings it more in to the public eye, but it's really not news. Besides, he's blanked G Nev recently who is the most vocal detractor of the Glazers, so it's not like he's putting his own ego aside for the good of the club.

I'm afraid it looks like toys out the pram to me.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:31 am

I would add I don't really blame him. When you've had that mentality for so long, how are you meant to retire with grace and stay sane?? His greatest strength was always his self belief, but if he continues to believe he is a God, he's going to have some big issues over the next few years as his legs continue to fail him.

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:28 pm

Great player, but, ego bigger than talent now! He needs to remember that respect is earnt and that he's heading towards a "has been" rather quickly so time to bow out with whats left of his reputation! If he won't then there must be a clause in his contract about bringing the club into disrepute so boot his arse out the exit and chuck his P45 after him!! :lol:

PS. Prefer Messi anyway even if he is Argentinian!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:01 pm

Got to say......, I do hope you are all posting your opinions AFTER watching the interview in its entirety. Be very disappointed if you were all offering views based on "Internet interview reviews".

IF you all DID watch the interview......., what is the script with you guys then?......, was it "the wink" after getting Rooney sent off?! :lol: Still can't get over it? :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:24 pm

I have no desire to watch an interview tbh, especially with another wanker (piers fuckface Morgan). His behaviour at his club lately and total disrespect towards his teammates is enough. FWIW I'll never change my view on him.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:40 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:24 pm
I have no desire to watch an interview tbh, especially with another wanker (piers fuckface Morgan). His behaviour at his club lately and total disrespect towards his teammates is enough. FWIW I'll never change my view on him.
:lol: Regarding the interview ------->> that is a dilemma in itself......, having to suffer Piers fuckface Morgan :lol: !00% with you on that note.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:04 pm

My issue isn't with the interview, it's with the need to do the interview in the first place (and his prior behaviour). I have watched a decent amount and don't disagree with most of what he says, but there is nothing he can say that will change my opinion of him. The 'evil' Manchester United pay him nearly £100,000 A DAY by the way. The mind boggles.

Solskjaer was doing a fine job, yet Ronaldo used his stature to make him his bitch, and then saw him fired when the team weren't table topping (I think largely because Ronaldo unsettled the team and squad). He made sure that Rangnick went a similar way when he didn't see eye to eye. Now however he can't do it with ten Hag because enough is enough and his ageing ability doesn't carry sufficient weight anymore, so... toys out pram time.

The bloke is vile to the core and I can't think of a more egotistical person, I genuinely mean that. And lets get this straight, the bloke kicks a ball for a living and thinks he's god's gift, he's not right in the head, and we're starting to see that unfold in public.

Sorry for arguing Marko, what's your opinion of women's football? :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:43 pm

Well, ^^^^ first of all, "wow" ---->> strong opinions, Ricco. But, as is the most common utterance in life these day, "You're entitled to them".

Not anywhere near as being on the same page as you, buddy. "Vile to the core" etc etc. Nope, not with you on that at all. Unless of course you know the guy on a more personal level and you maybe "know stuff"? Unless he's a peder-a$$ or some other despicable piece of crap human being, he cannot be judged as "vile to the core" for (in your words) "Kicks a ball for a living". I'll never be able to wrap my head around that level of hatred for a football player.

Women's football ---->> LOVE IT!!! Season ticket holder @ Hibs Women! :lol:

Seriously though....., I do not mind the women's game and what has helped immensely is Scotland's Claire Emslie who was in my sons class at school. Interested in seeing her progress through her career.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:44 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:43 pm
I'll never be able to wrap my head around that level of hatred for a football player.
To be honest Marko, nor can I, I don't know why I feel that way, I seem to have a very strong dislike for arrogance. Vile to the core should probably be reserved for criminal characters, that's true :lol:

So what is it about the interview that you empathise with? You may convince me to watch the whole interview at some point, but as I said, I doubt that'll change anything. I just don't get sob stories from sportsmen who are earning the average UK lifetime earnings every two or three weeks, I'd lop my nads off for less. He's 37, they have no obligation to play him, and he's not the player he once was? So sit down like everyone else that wasn't picked and be professional. Yes the Glazers are rotten to the core, but we know that already Ronny.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:06 am

As far as Ronald is concerned, I don’t feel sorry for him at all. He has a beautiful wife, beautiful family and as Ricco says he’s rolling in money literally! Time to hang up the boots Mr Ron! Spend some time with that family you so dearly love, and stop dragging everyone else into your ending career. Have some tapas & Ouzo & chill! :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:28 am

Ricco wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:04 pm
My issue isn't with the interview, it's with the need to do the interview in the first place (and his prior behaviour). I have watched a decent amount and don't disagree with most of what he says, but there is nothing he can say that will change my opinion of him. The 'evil' Manchester United pay him nearly £100,000 A DAY by the way. The mind boggles.

Solskjaer was doing a fine job, yet Ronaldo used his stature to make him his bitch, and then saw him fired when the team weren't table topping (I think largely because Ronaldo unsettled the team and squad). He made sure that Rangnick went a similar way when he didn't see eye to eye. Now however he can't do it with ten Hag because enough is enough and his ageing ability doesn't carry sufficient weight anymore, so... toys out pram time.

The bloke is vile to the core and I can't think of a more egotistical person, I genuinely mean that. And lets get this straight, the bloke kicks a ball for a living and thinks he's god's gift, he's not right in the head, and we're starting to see that unfold in public.

Sorry for arguing Marko, what's your opinion of women's football? :lol:
Sadly this is my feelings too, probably without the vile bit lol.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:01 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:44 am
So what is it about the interview that you empathise with?
When he speaks of family. More specifically the death of his son at birth. They were twins, the wee girl survived but the boy died. His other children asking questions like why he had to go to heaven etc etc. Was quite moved by it which I wasn’t expecting from a Ronaldo interview.

Takes you away from the money and his bank balance and his scrutinised life. He is under the microscope in everything he does as are all sportsmen with exceptional talent. He is actually a humble guy behind the facade of arrogance. Think it’d be a proper boring world if everyone had the nice guy Roger Federer personality. And I like RF……, the greatest ever.

I’ll concede that the guy is a total d!ck if its discovered he meant none of it………, but how that’ll happen, i have no idea and in no position whatsoever to judge. It is indeed a very good interview.

My opinion is ……. Based on one part…… after talking about his deceased dad & son……. He has the ashes of both “in his chapel” at home. …… if anyone has the attitude of:
“Fuckin c*nt has his own chapel” ——>> then don’t watch it. Its not for you.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:23 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:01 pm
if anyone has the attitude of:
“Fuckin c*nt has his own chapel” ——>> then don’t watch it. Its not for you.
:lol: I know a serious subject and point, but that did get me!

I did read about his son at the time in the spring, truly awful. Of course no one should have to ever go through something like that and I wish he didn't have to. I also know the bloke is a caring family man, though I have seen him being very pushy with his kids, but each to their own so long as they don't grow up too warped! But I don't believe the interview was arranged because of his private life whatsoever, he knew what he was doing, he knew what the affect would be and its (in my view) 100% about him, 100% about his career and 100% selfish.

His family life just doesn't affect my view about his public persona. I think he is a very poor role model and I think he negatively affects many fellow professionals with his words and actions. He is under the microscope, I absolutely wouldn't swap my life with his for all the wealth in the world, but he does routinely grab that microscope with both hands and make sure it's firmly focused in his direction.

Yeah, he's entertaining and creates interesting conversation like in this thread, and that's good, but it doesn't make me like him. I'd much rather my kids grew up with Federer as their role model than Ronaldo, that's for sure and pretty obvious. I think when you are that global a superstar, then you almost have a duty to set a humble, dignified example, and I think he trips up and falls flat on his face a million miles short of that.

I might make more of an effort to watch some more at some point and will report back if I have any changes of opinion. :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:32 pm

Well , 🤷‍♂️ Ted Bundy was a role model type character in public. Not saying Federer murdered 20+ people……. But, just because someone has an air of arrogance about them, it doesn’t always add up to what the papers say. Likewise with the quiet , humble types.

I have an ex brother in law who went to jail for a few months for punching a police officer.
But you should’ve read the Daily Record article on the case. FK ME. :shock: ….. he should’ve been jailed for 20 years! :lol:

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:33 pm

I do dislike the bloke more than I should, I'll admit that!! I have a friend who idolised him, that could have something to do with it. The wealth doesn't help me sympathise, but there are a lot of rich and popular people in this world that I respect a lot, so it's not a driving factor.

The blokes a tool in public, that does more damage, he can produce a million arrogant shits when they copy his behaviour. How's that going to help when they start storming down the tunnel when they get in to a disagreement in an office meeting, or do a siu celebration and knock over the water cooler? If he's not careful, he will go out kicking and screaming and lose respect from everyone who once adored him, yet that's probably no bad thing.
Last edited by Ricco on Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:35 pm

Think you just deleted the post i read.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:36 pm

On that……. Im guilty of it with Roy Keane. Can’t stand the guy but its based on Ipswich Town match pressers. Being a f**king obtuse c*nt for the sake of it.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:42 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:35 pm
Yeah originally posted before I had seen your reply, so I adjusted a bit!

Surely as a mod you get to access to see all previous incarnations of an edited post?!
Last edited by Ricco on Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:43 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:36 pm
On that……. Im guilty of it with Roy Keane. Can’t stand the guy but its based on Ipswich Town match pressers. Being a f**king obtuse c*nt for the sake of it.
I would sooner ask Roy Keane to by my child's godparent than Ronaldo :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:49 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:42 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:35 pm
Yeah originally posted before I had seen your reply, so I adjusted a bit!

Surely as a mod you get to access to see all previous incarnations of an edited post?!
:lol: NO!

And if we do, i’ll be asking Frosty how to do it! (Rubs hands together in anticipation) :lol:

Seriously, not to my knowledge and no access to any private messages at all.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:50 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:43 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:36 pm
I would sooner ask Roy Keane to by my child's godparent than Ronaldo :lol:
:lol: We differ on a lot…….. but thats top o the pile!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:02 pm

I would sooner ask Pol Pot lmao 🤣

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:39 pm

^^^ Too right. He could sing them to sleep 👍 ^^^

Or, 🤔, that a different guy?!

Bluemike