Home Form

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Home Form

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:46 pm

Is becoming a bit of a concern. 4 teams out of the 9 that have visited PR in the league this season have come away with something.
We have been knocked out of 2 cup competitions at home as well. If we are going to obtain automatic promotion it is something which we are going to need to improve on in the 2nd half of the season. Obviously injuries are becoming a concern as well especially as we seem to be picking up some long term ones. Hopefully Harness won’t be another addition to the long term injury list although it did not look good.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Home Form

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:34 am

Don't play Woolfenden or Edmundson, problem solved.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:09 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:34 am
Don't play Woolfenden or Edmundson, problem solved.
I don’t think KM will drop Woolfenden for league games as he sees him as a key component in playing the ball out from the back.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:19 am

Then McKenna is a prat

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:23 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:19 am
Then McKenna is a prat
Do you think he will drop him? I honestly don’t think he will but we shall see.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:02 am

I think Keough doesn't look that great. Not as commanding in the air as i thought he would and a bit slow.
Woolfy alongside Burgess for me. Edmundson has played humself outof contention.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:04 am

Keogh was ropey last night but playing beside that tosser I'm not surprised.

Shed, no I don't see him dropping Woolfenden either

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:16 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:04 am
Keogh was ropey last night but playing beside that tosser I'm not surprised.

Shed, no I don't see him dropping Woolfenden either
Why not, Mike - because he's a prat? :lol: :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:43 am

He seems to think Woolfy is the answer, he isn't!! We need to stop looking at strikers and review our defensive options, Burgess is ok and by and large Keogh as back up, but my god the other Two !!!!! Its every bloody week we have this discussion, the excuses are getting as bad as the days of Freddie Sears!!!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:43 am
He seems to think Woolfy is the answer, he isn't!! We need to stop looking at strikers and review our defensive options, Burgess is ok and by and large Keogh as back up, but my god the other Two !!!!! Its every bloody week we have this discussion, the excuses are getting as bad as the days of Freddie Sears!!!
Surely out of these cb's we should have a better defence. Maybe its the style of play or the coaching? Edmundson looked our best defender under Cook. Absolutely crap last night and seems to be trying to prove he's a ball-playing CB. Think we need to improve on what we have rather than buy more replacements. Isnt that prat supposed to be a good coach?
Defence obviously needs to improve but offensively we looked a bit toothless and a bit samey ie trying to work the flanks and cross into a crowded box.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:44 pm

The defence themselves are standing at the back watching 30 attempts at goal being missed in one game, 33 in the next, .... think to themselves "holy fk, start fking taking the pressure off FFS!"..... Then BLOCK 15 out of 14 shots..... But it's the defences fault? Find a striker who can f**king score goals! Consistently. Jesus f**king Christ. :evil:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:01 pm

We are the second highest scorers in the division, we scored 4 at Charlton and still f*cked it up at the back, we were cruising last night and still f*cked it up at the back, scored Three at Port Vale but still f*cked it up at the back, scored Three against Portsmouth and continued to f*ck it up at the back, the pattern continues, the odd game we don't score we should be able to be error free at the back but we never are.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:07 pm

Yes, that Charlton game buries my theory.

Tell you what though....... Second top for a team of useless fkrs, ... Can't complain.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:15 pm

Tangfastic wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:25 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:43 am
Surely out of these cb's we should have a better defence. Maybe its the style of play or the coaching? Edmundson looked our best defender under Cook. Absolutely crap last night and seems to be trying to prove he's a ball-playing CB. Think we need to improve on what we have rather than buy more replacements. Isnt that prat supposed to be a good coach?
Defence obviously needs to improve but offensively we looked a bit toothless and a bit samey ie trying to work the flanks and cross into a crowded box.
He is an excellent coach but as has been pointed out to me numerous times, not beyond criticism.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:27 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:07 pm
Yes, that Charlton game buries my theory.

Tell you what though....... Second top for a team of useless fkrs, ... Can't complain.
Wish you 2 would stop mentioning that Charlton game. :lol: Still trying to convince myself it was just a bad dream and going mental in the away end when our 4th goal went in was worthwhile.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:32 pm

Certainly agree about our defence but I've just looked and Sheff Wed have conceded 16 and Plymouth with 22 so with Towns 19 there is not much between them, with a better defence Town would be clear at the top.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:43 pm

That's exactly it, we would be clear at the top, defensive additions in January and away we go.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:11 pm

In my view, while I acknowledge Wolfie has mistakes in him, I feel it is getting the correct combination of defenders which is important. I think Giorgio Chiellini would have struggled playing alongside an error strewn defender. There you are wanting to give 100% to your team in your position, but you're constantly having to consider covering for your CB colleague.
Personally I have my reservations about Edmundson's ability to bring the ball out from the back. The Plymouth game in particular he made a howler while attempting it, costing us a deserved draw.

I have pasted my post from the Exeter thread, which examined the League games in which Burgess has started. While only a very small number of games, it certainly made me think;
Burgess is getting a lot of deserved praise for his performances this season, the stats back this up;

Of the 5 league games he has started in this season, we have conceded just a single goal.
As a further note of interest when he & Wolfie have started as the CB pairing (league games) they have an immaculate record of 4 played 0 conceded. The only blot on the record came in his first start when paired with Edmundsen away at Forest Green. Certainly paints a pretty obvious picture for me.
For the record those games were;
FGR (a) 1-2
Shrewsbury (a) 0-3
Accrington (a) 0-2
Bristol R (h) 2-0
Exeter (a) 0-2

Edit: Just think the difference he could have made if not for his enforced lay off through injury? I think it is, based on the above stats, highly likely we'd be in top spot now
Yes, you could say most of those teams are not particularly high scoring sides, however they do tend to be teams which rely on the aerial bombardment, somewhere Burgess does excel.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:51 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:11 pm
In my view, while I acknowledge Wolfie has mistakes in him, I feel it is getting the correct combination of defenders which is important. I think Giorgio Chiellini would have struggled playing alongside an error strewn defender. There you are wanting to give 100% to your team in your position, but you're constantly having to consider covering for your CB colleague.
Personally I have my reservations about Edmundson's ability to bring the ball out from the back. The Plymouth game in particular he made a howler while attempting it, costing us a deserved draw.

I have pasted my post from the Exeter thread, which examined the League games in which Burgess has started. While only a very small number of games, it certainly made me think;
Burgess is getting a lot of deserved praise for his performances this season, the stats back this up;

Of the 5 league games he has started in this season, we have conceded just a single goal.
As a further note of interest when he & Wolfie have started as the CB pairing (league games) they have an immaculate record of 4 played 0 conceded. The only blot on the record came in his first start when paired with Edmundsen away at Forest Green. Certainly paints a pretty obvious picture for me.
FGR (a) 1-2
Shrewsbury (a) 0-3
Accrington (a) 0-2
Bristol R (h) 2-0
Exeter (a) 0-2

Edit: Just think the difference he could have made if not for his enforced lay off through injury? I think it is, based on the above stats, highly likely we'd be in top spot now
Yes, you could say most of those teams are not particularly high scoring sides, however they do tend to be teams which rely on the aerial bombardment, somewhere Burgess does excel.
Don't forget though AZ, Burgess didn't start out well for ITFC did he? In fact, many on here chastised him as being crap. I always felt he'd do well in this league for his height and athleticism alone. So maybe KM HAS been coaching the back line, and Edmundson just can't handle the added task of playing the ball out of the back? Woolfy still makes mistakes, but my goodness he's improved under KM hasn't he? We still have a super GA and many cleansheets to boot, so I wouldn't tweak the defence too much. Certainly another CB won't hurt, but another striker won't hurt either. In all honesty, I think KM will mainly be on the hunt for midfield reinforcements after Harness' injury.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:25 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:51 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:11 pm

FGR (a) 1-2
Shrewsbury (a) 0-3
Accrington (a) 0-2
Bristol R (h) 2-0
Exeter (a) 0-2

Don't forget though AZ, Burgess didn't start out well for ITFC did he? In fact, many on here chastised him as being crap. I always felt he'd do well in this league for his height and athleticism alone. So maybe KM HAS been coaching the back line, and Edmundson just can't handle the added task of playing the ball out of the back? Woolfy still makes mistakes, but my goodness he's improved under KM hasn't he? We still have a super GA and many cleansheets to boot, so I wouldn't tweak the defence too much. Certainly another CB won't hurt, but another striker won't hurt either. In all honesty, I think KM will mainly be on the hunt for midfield reinforcements after Harness' injury.
Nicely summed up......, is there room on that fence for more, 9? :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:01 pm

^^^
I don’t sit on fences, I build them. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:09 pm

^^^

I certainly don’t take them.

Get it? Take a fence? ……. (Offence) :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:22 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:09 pm
^^^

Well the one thing I find amusing is how negative Rossi is. I mean, as far as I know from recent posts he’s retired in the Philippines. He’s probably paying 20 quid a week for a live in maid, who also does other things for a 10 quid bonus. Yep, he’s just trying to find something bad to imagine just to reinforce his affluent life after slaving away for his entire life. ITFC for him is a way to shake him in to reality. That’s ok though, more power to ya Rossi! :lol:

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:36 am

number 9 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:22 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:09 pm
^^^

Well the one thing I find amusing is how negative Rossi is. I mean, as far as I know from recent posts he’s retired in the Philippines. He’s probably paying 20 quid a week for a live in maid, who also does other things for a 10 quid bonus. Yep, he’s just trying to find something bad to imagine just to reinforce his affluent life after slaving away for his entire life. ITFC for him is a way to shake him in to reality. That’s ok though, more power to ya Rossi! :lol:
If you're going to make cheap jibes at me, at least get your facts right pal.

Firstly, I don't retire to the Philippines until next year.

Secondly, the remark that I'm 'probably paying 20 quid a week for a live in maid, who also does other things for a 10 quid bonus' (sic) I find insulting beyond belief. You don't know me at all - keep your mouth shut if all you can do is spout complete drivel. For the record, yes I do have a live-in maid in the Philippines, she looks after my properties whilst I'm in England and lives a comfortable life where she would otherwise be living in a crowded slum, I pay her considerably more than £20 for her services which in no way ever go beyond normal housekeeping (my wife would never allow it). In fact, I treat her as one of the family and I find the suggestion by yourself that I would ever exploit a vulnerable person to be totally crasse.

You think I'm negative, that's fine - but don't ever cast aspersions on my character when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:00 am

I’d said before the season started we’d find playing teams at PR far more challenging than away, due to the “ park the bus” approach by opponents. We don’t have the guile to unlock 10 men behind the ball.

Opponents are more than happy for us to play our patient, tippy tappy game all around their box. We need to mix it up a bit more in my view. All said snd done we’re 2nd, but it fine margins to stay there .

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:46 pm

rossi wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:36 am

Secondly, the remark that I'm 'probably paying 20 quid a week for a live in maid, who also does other things for a 10 quid bonus' (sic) I find insulting beyond belief. You don't know me at all - keep your mouth shut if all you can do is spout complete drivel. For the record, yes I do have a live-in maid in the Philippines, she looks after my properties whilst I'm in England and lives a comfortable life where she would otherwise be living in a crowded slum, I pay her considerably more than £20 for her services which in no way ever go beyond normal housekeeping (my wife would never allow it). In fact, I treat her as one of the family and I find the suggestion by yourself that I would ever exploit a vulnerable person to be totally crasse.

You think I'm negative, that's fine - but don't ever cast aspersions on my character when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about
You are completely right, Rossi. My comments were ignorant and insensitive. I wholeheartedly apologize. You’re right, I don’t know who you are, and you don’t know who I am. Consequently, I’m not one to ignore my mistakes and those comments were well out of order.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:17 am

number 9 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:46 pm
rossi wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:36 am

You are completely right, Rossi. My comments were ignorant and insensitive. I wholeheartedly apologize. You’re right, I don’t know who you are, and you don’t know who I am. Consequently, I’m not one to ignore my mistakes and those comments were well out of order.
Apology accepted. It takes a real man to recognise and admit his mistakes in public. Respect

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:07 am

Nice one boys, move on.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:41 pm

Yeah nice to see this resolution. Great forum :)