Redevelopment of the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Redevelopment of the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:28 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/23208215.ip ... -february/

Well, insomuch as the “ frontage” to the Club ad you walk towards the town centre from the railway station.

I remember when Ashton first joined the club he said the “ main entrance” to the Club was hidden away from the town and that the owners planned to correct that.

It’ll be interesting to see what the new front door will look like.

Shed on tour

Re: Redevelopment of the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:38 pm

What I want to know is when are they going to get rid of the cardboard cutouts that sit in there. :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:39 pm

I’ve heard they’re renaming it The Library …

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:19 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:38 pm
What I want to know is when are they going to get rid of the cardboard cutouts that sit in there. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last time i had to sit in the SAR I kept getting funny looks for cheering, shouting and singing all the time. That was the last time I took a friends crotch goblin to a game and promptly went back to the SBR by myself the next game! Said crotch goblin now sits in the upper SAR as he likes the view better!! Me, on the other hand, will always be a north stand girl even if I only get back for a match or 2 a year.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:17 pm

It’s just a stand that attracts a different type of fan, albeit they probably think of themselves as being the hardcore as they never boo or jeer either, in fact they don’t really do anything. To be honest I don’t think the profile of fan that chooses to be there has ever changed as 55/60 years ago the North Stand used to sing, “Listen to the Churchman’s, I can’t hear a f**king thing”.

The only they were good at but many many years ago was singing “Keep Right On To The End Of The Road” which in years gone by was Towns Anthem sung by every fan in all four stands. Those were the days. 🎶

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:19 pm

You’d have to physically make a noise to boo or jeer Andy !! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:13 pm

That really happen, Charnwood? Ipswich fans used to sing towards other Ipswich fans? :shock: Never heard of anything like that.

Think fans at Easter Road tend to just know that the singing happens in the East. Go there if you want singing & go somewhere else if you'd rather hear the singing from elsewhere.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:30 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:13 pm
That really happen, Charnwood? Ipswich fans used to sing towards other Ipswich fans? :shock: Never heard of anything like that.

Think fans at Easter Road tend to just know that the singing happens in the East. Go there if you want singing & go somewhere else if you'd rather hear the singing from elsewhere.
Marko, yes Charny is right they certainly did. To be fair I know of one fan who makes a lot of noise in the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand as my missus sits in there and as I know from experience she can shout.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:33 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:30 pm
marko69 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:13 pm

Marko, yes Charny is right they certainly did. To be fair I know of one fan who makes a lot of noise in the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand as my missus sits in there and as I know from experience she can shout.
:lol: 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:12 pm

Churchmans always has been a bit of a morgue

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:14 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:12 pm
Churchmans always has been a bit of a morgue
Do people still call it Churchmans ?

How many on here can remember singing “ Keep Right on to The End Of The Road” , I think Birmingham City fans still do. It used to make the hair stand up on the back of your neck when all four stands joined in.