League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Plymouth Argyle Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we repeat last weekends performance?

Ipswich Win
60%
Plymouth Win
5%
Draw
35%

Total votes: 20

ashfordblue

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Plymouth Argyle Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:16 pm

I've taken a good look at the bullet statements and they're excellent, I know it's only halfway through the season, but If we are to make a profound serious promotion push this fixture list has to be followed with no hiccups.

Oxford V Ipswich must win away.
Ipswich v Morecombe Must home win
Ipswich V Burnley FA Cup Result is not that important pride only
Cambridge V Ipswich is a must-away win
Ipswich v Sheff Wednesday is a must Home win or a draw at worst
Bristol Rovers V Ipswich an away win
Ipswich V Forest Green definite home win
MK Dons v Ipswich away
Ipswich V Burton Home win
Ipswich V Accrington Home win
Bolton V Ipswich Draw or Away win
Ipswich v Shrewsbury Home win
Barnsley v Ipswich away win draw at worst
Derby County v Ipswich Draw at Worst, an away win would be good
Wycombe v Ipswich Home win
Cheltenham V Ipswich away win
Ipswich v Charlton home win
Ipswich v Portvale Home win
Peterborough v Ipswich Away win draw at worst
Ipswich v Exeter Home win
Fleetwood v Ipswich Away win

60 pts up for grabs or 54 if we draw a few Plus 51 on the table + 54 = 108 pts = up as Champions. So Keiran and Mark this is your promotion target goal do not let the Ipswich Town fans down and stop the team from making stupid mistakes at the back.

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:05 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:27 pm
Mauswara wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:50 am
I know this club is in a hellofa lot better state than 2 years ago. We are going in only one direction.
Harry Styles up front?
Best reply of the year so far!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:09 am

trimleyblue wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:05 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:27 pm
Mauswara wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:50 am
I know this club is in a hellofa lot better state than 2 years ago. We are going in only one direction.
Harry Styles up front?
Best reply of the year so far!
Thought that was funny too! But please don’t scotch-egg him on! :lol:

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:47 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:16 pm
I've taken a good look at the bullet statements and they're excellent, I know it's only halfway through the season, but If we are to make a profound serious promotion push this fixture list has to be followed with no hiccups.

MK Dons v Ipswich away

60 pts up for grabs or 54 if we draw a few Plus 51 on the table + 54 = 108 pts = up as Champions. So Keiran and Mark this is your promotion target goal do not let the Ipswich Town fans down and stop the team from making stupid mistakes at the back.
That form simply isn’t going to happen, it would be the best of any club in the country. I wouldn’t expect more than 45 points from that list and I’d take it.
I’m sure Man City fans could sit down at the start of this season and write Win next to nearly every game, look how that’s gone.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:01 am

Was good to see the Fortuna Dusseldorf fans there en-masse. It is nice that they continue to come in their numbers, I believe about 100 of them were over this weekend and I managed to chat to a couple of them as they were in Cobbold A block.

Also saw LoudnProud, who was there with them - another missed member on this forum (not active since 2020). He is one of the few forum members I have had the pleasure to meet, the first time when a group of us met up at PR, probably about 15 years ago.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:12 am

shabba wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:47 am
ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:16 pm

MK Dons v Ipswich away

That form simply isn’t going to happen, it would be the best of any club in the country. I wouldn’t expect more than 45 points from that list and I’d take it.
I’m sure Man City fans could sit down at the start of this season and write Win next to nearly every game, look how that’s gone.
Yep, sadly never going to happen, 2 or 3 more defeats and I still think we'd be fine.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:14 pm

Ashford??? You been in Partick taking drugs, dude? :lol:

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:54 pm

Marko :shock: this is only a fooking target I set up for the squad team to try and achieve I know it's only a pipe dream, and once all the pills, booze and smoke have settled I should see a clearer picture :astroll: of reality, so its 49 points as the final target, and before everyone has stopped PTSL it's going to be another Arsenal v Ipswich FA cup final (Hic Hic ) and we will go up in the autos with Sheff Wed. The team will be given an extra incentive from KM for every goal that we score its worth £1000 to the scorer and for every clean sheet from our keepers they also get £2000 reward, plus the team must work harder and keep a solid concentration right to the final whistle, now get in there boys and have one thought only SMASH EVERY TEAM TO PIECES no holding back. COYB

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:19 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:54 pm
Marko :shock: this is only a fooking target I set up for the squad team to try and achieve I know it's only a pipe dream, and once all the pills, booze and smoke have settled I should see a clearer picture :astroll: of reality, so its 49 points as the final target, and before everyone has stopped PTSL it's going to be another Arsenal v Ipswich FA cup final (Hic Hic ) and we will go up in the autos with Sheff Wed. The team will be given an extra incentive from KM for every goal that we score its worth £1000 to the scorer and for every clean sheet from our keepers they also get £2000 reward, plus the team must work harder and keep a solid concentration right to the final whistle, now get in there boys and have one thought only SMASH EVERY TEAM TO PIECES no holding back. COYB
A grand for strikers, 2 grand for keeper? You trying to cause dressing room unrest here, Ash?! :lol:
Can hear Ricco now…….. “FK YEAH, 2 GRAND FOR THE KEEPERS!” :D

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:35 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:19 am
A grand for strikers, 2 grand for keeper? You trying to cause dressing room unrest here, Ash?! :lol:
Can hear Ricco now…….. “FK YEAH, 2 GRAND FOR THE KEEPERS!” :D
:lol: Should be £10k for a clean sheet minimum Marko, I bet poor Walton struggles to keep the heating on this winter.

Yeah, maybe in the past I'd say you'd been smoking something Ash, but I get your point, aim for the moon and even if you miss you'll be among the stars and all that. I haven't listened to Burgess' interview, but I'm underwhelmed to hear that listeners are underwhelmed. Their mentality should be to go out and win the league by 20pts, humiliate every team they can, be ruthless, because that's what you have to do to succeed, you never aim to just do enough.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:26 pm

don't wish to reply to the other thread / message item right now, but was thinking that between us, Plymouth and SWFC, the promotion issue really comes down to who has the most guts and the nerve to see it out. Only two auto promotion places available and Plymouth making it is by no means a given.

You see club names like Derby not far behind us, they'll have maybe games in hand along with others and if there's slip ups along the way from the Top Three it's every chance they or others can pounce and take over. It's not to say they will, but you got to entertain all possibilities.

Whoever holds their nerve in the months ahead will get a promotion. Plymouth and SWFC may be good sides but do they possess the bottle to really see it through right to end of season. If we ourselves show steel and determination then that alone will provide a very good chance of making it. It's not so much about how good a team may be from here to May, (if you want a promotion) it's about resilience and the nerve to see it through.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:43 pm

Spot on AP 👍