How can KM motivate the players?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

How can KM motivate the players?

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:49 pm

I think Kieron needs to be more like Sergeant Hartman with his pregame talks?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tHxf17yJsKs ... IECMiOmarE

arana peligrosa

Re: How can KM motivate the players?

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:34 am

The entire movie was filmed in the United Kingdom. Watch close you can identify road markings for vehicles that pass on the left side.

Simple math here, the players can only motivate themselves. When you take to the field, pitch, whatever, you got to be ready for any task that lies ahead. I don't view the manager as a leader of men, don't view him to be some inspirational figure, in fact he's something ordinary, although he's obviously got something done in a short time here.

The whole promotion issue, it'll run and run until it's natural conclusion but the only way it's going to work for us being a whole lot of belief and effort put into every game from now until final fixture from all players that participate. Going to need a number of nearest challengers drop points and f*ck up themselves in order to do it also. Derby County and Bolton play tomorrow night if correct. They have to miss out.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:55 am

Agree

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:48 am

number 9 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:49 pm

:lol: what a film that was, (and still is)
Why has this not been done in a football theme by some famous comedians? Would love to see that re-enacted in a spoof manager & players scenario.

Did they ever re-enact this on SNL, 9? Maybe with spoof NFL coaches and players. Be bloody hilarious.

Even just picturing Burns with Kieron in his face is hilarious.
“ARE YOU A GIRL, SON?
“NO SIR, NO!”
“THEN WHY HAVE YOU GOT GIRLS HAIR?”
“SIR, DONT KNOW SIR!”
“DO YOU WANT TO BE A GIRL, SON?”
“NO SIR, NO!”
“YOU PLAY LIKE A GIRL, SON!”
“SIR , THATS NOT SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE TO SAY THAT , SIR!”
“ARE YOU LECTURING ME, GIRL?”
“SIR NO SIR. BUT CALLING ME A GIRL IS ALSO NOT ACCURATE SIR, NO SIR!”
Fist to nuts
“WHAT WAS THAT GIRL?”
(Higher voice) “IM NOT A GIRL SIR”
“YOU SOUND LIKE A GIRL, SON”
“IM NOT A GIRL SIR!”
“SON …. (Louder voice) GET A HAIRCUT AND START GIVING FREDDIE BETTER THROUGH BALLS…… OR YOUR BALLS GET IT AGAIN, THAT CLEAR?”
“YES SIR!”

Probably still go out and get a 1-1 with Burton.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:57 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:34 am
The entire movie was filmed in the United Kingdom. Watch close you can identify road markings for vehicles that pass on the left side.

Simple math here, the players can only motivate themselves. When you take to the field, pitch, whatever, you got to be ready for any task that lies ahead. I don't view the manager as a leader of men, don't view him to be some inspirational figure, in fact he's something ordinary, although he's obviously got something done in a short time here.

The whole promotion issue, it'll run and run until it's natural conclusion but the only way it's going to work for us being a whole lot of belief and effort put into every game from now until final fixture from all players that participate. Going to need a number of nearest challengers drop points and f*ck up themselves in order to do it also. Derby County and Bolton play tomorrow night if correct. They have to miss out.
Derby have want on paper looks like a banker home win for The Rams however Bolton could drop points at Pompey with the home side more than capable of holding them to a draw.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:05 pm

number 9 wrote:

They could employ you before matches 9? You gave a pretty emotional and to the point pep talk in a recent thread I remember :lol:

I don't think KM is one to pump anyone up, it's just not something in his wheelhouse. So you need some big personalities in and around the team or staff instead if the manager ain't doing the motivating.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:24 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:48 am
:lol: what a film that was, (and still is)
Why has this not been done in a football theme by some famous comedians? Would love to see that re-enacted in a spoof manager & players scenario.

Did they ever re-enact this on SNL, 9? Maybe with spoof NFL coaches and players. Be bloody hilarious.
Haven't seen any SNL skits, but I found this parody that's pretty funny!

https://youtu.be/XUJFJU_OG2g

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:26 pm

Ricco wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:05 pm
number 9 wrote:

They could employ you before matches 9? You gave a pretty emotional and to the point pep talk in a recent thread I remember :lol:

I don't think KM is one to pump anyone up, it's just not something in his wheelhouse. So you need some big personalities in and around the team or staff instead if the manager ain't doing the motivating.
Yeah I was pretty emotional after that Bristol match! :lol: