Suffolk County Counil car park - Constantine Road

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

shabba

Suffolk County Counil car park - Constantine Road

Post by shabba » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:21 pm

Hi wonderful people,

Random question - what is this car park like? I know some multi-stories can be horrid - tight, tiny spaces etc. I'm a little precious about my car.

Thanks for any info :)

Shed on tour

Re: Suffolk County Counil car park - Constantine Road

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:40 pm

Park there for every home game as get a complimentary pass from the club as daughter is a wheelchair user. Can only say about the lower level as that is where the disabled parking is. Spaces are about normal size but obviously depends on the size of the vehicle parking next to you. If you plan to stay until the end of the game be prepared for a wait to get off the car park though.

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:46 pm

Thanks Shed! I’ll park there on sat, also likely in a disabled spot as taking my dad and he is a badge holder as he has some mobility issues.

I usually park in the big car park on the other side of the ground, then always stay for 30-45mins after the match ends to let the traffic disperse a bit.

Big thanks.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:36 pm

Shabba, did the club give you a pass for your dad? Just to let you know that there are no marked disabled spaces on the lower level but a section is set aside for pass holders issued by the club with blue badges. If you get there early enough you can sometimes get in a corner space which gives the person with the mobility problem more room to get out of the vehicle.
Our vehicle is a red MG SUV, if you see us come and have a word as it’s always nice to meet the people I speak to on here.

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:41 pm

Ace, yes got a pass via the club as part of a hospitality package, so not disabled one as such - I’d probably drop him off at the entrance and park up.

I’ll definitely say hello if we see you.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:37 am

shabba wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:21 pm
Hi wonderful people,

Random question - what is this car park like? I know some multi-stories can be horrid - tight, tiny spaces etc. I'm a little precious about my car.

Thanks for any info :)
Crown Street car park was revamped a few years ago, and the spaces are ok in my view. It’s about 5 mins walk from ground.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:15 pm

Maybe just leave it in Christchurch Park with some camouflage over it and bribe a few squirrels with nuts to keep a look out or something.

I don't get to Ipswich much these days but believe other options would be off say Grafton Way, the Rail Station itself or further up towards the Civil Center. Point being there seems to be plenty of choice, the town is well equipped for parking alternatives although locals and actual residents would have a clearer understanding. Hope this helped you out.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:51 pm

Or……. If like Edinburgh……. park IN a pothole.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For some reason marko I’ve always thought you lived in Glasgow !?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:50 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:36 pm
Holy shoot, Hallam, thats a banning offence! :shock: :lol:
Born & raised in South Edinburgh (75-77 in Oz) & (80-82 in Oz)
Worked in Glasgow plenty and i do like it, always kid around that its a shitehole but its ok……, just would NEVER live there.

The ‘burgh is where the heart lies

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:54 pm

One of my neighbours here has a house in Edinburgh and has offered us to either visit them there or use it whilst they’re away. He played in goal for St Johnstone for a while but never made the grade and went into banking which appears to have been a pretty wise decision. I’ll let you know if we take them up on it and catch you for a beer Marko. Another very good golf mate of mine here was born and bred in Edinburgh, well Leith actually but that’s pretty much Edinburgh as I recall. He used to play for Meadowbank Thistle in the mid-late 70’s.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:24 am

Watched a lot of Meadowbank back in the day before they became Livi. Only a 15minute walk from Easter Road……. Great alternative when Parkhead or Ibrox tickets were unavailable.

And yep, few 🍻 in Edinburgh is always nice. Its usually meals or maybe concerts these days. Actual pubs are a thing of the past for me…… not to be “young folk racist” but the younger generation get on my nerves! :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:36 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:50 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:36 pm
Holy shoot, Hallam, thats a banning offence! :shock: :lol:
Born & raised in South Edinburgh (75-77 in Oz) & (80-82 in Oz)
Worked in Glasgow plenty and i do like it, always kid around that its a shitehole but its ok……, just would NEVER live there.

The ‘burgh is where the heart lies

Lol sorry marko. Suppose it’s a bit like saying ,
…”hey Liz, you live in norwich don’t you”!!

Edinburgh is nice, and I’ve been there a couple of times. I suppose I should have realised with you supporting Hibs ….( or was it Hearts?) 😇 lol just pulling yer leg ! X

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:36 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:24 am
Watched a lot of Meadowbank back in the day before they became Livi. Only a 15minute walk from Easter Road……. Great alternative when Parkhead or Ibrox tickets were unavailable.

And yep, few 🍻 in Edinburgh is always nice. Its usually meals or maybe concerts these days. Actual pubs are a thing of the past for me…… not to be “young folk racist” but the younger generation get on my nerves! :lol:
A meal would be even better, and by the way my golf mate is a Hibs fan first although when he left Edinburgh to live in Manchester for many years he eventually became a United fan 👍

I’ve not been to Edinburgh for years, the last time I stayed there the hotel was The Scandic Crown on the Royal Mile, fab hotel but probably changed hands a few time since then.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:24 pm

Went to Edinburgh for the first time last year, although only for a few hours we absolutely loved the place and are going back in August for the Edinburgh Tattoo which I've tried to do a few times before without any luck.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:56 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:36 pm
marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:24 am

A meal would be even better, and by the way my golf mate is a Hibs fan first although when he left Edinburgh to live in Manchester for many years he eventually became a United fan 👍

I’ve not been to Edinburgh for years, the last time I stayed there the hotel was The Scandic Crown on the Royal Mile, fab hotel but probably changed hands a few time since then.
The dumb waiter hotel, Charnwood. Link here.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/FURY+AT+ ... a061082941

Pretty sick them making cash out of it but i do remember the incident when it actually happened. With the Scandic being on the High Street @ The North Bridge,—->> traffic was horrendous.
Also the fire of 92! That created actual road closures. Its had its episodes. :shock:
But any time anyone mentions the Scandic, it’s visions of the girl getting into a dumb waiter. 🤦‍♂️Crazy.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:24 pm
Went to Edinburgh for the first time last year, although only for a few hours we absolutely loved the place and are going back in August for the Edinburgh Tattoo which I've tried to do a few times before without any luck.
Great stuff. If you’re in Edinburgh before the 5th or after 23rd, could also meet for a coffee or something 👍
Between those dates, i’ll be in Malmo and surrounding areas for Scottys wedding. 👌👍🇸🇪
And all of that is depending on May 31st scan result.
Please God. Praying hands 🙏🙏🙏

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:56 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:04 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Great stuff. If you’re in Edinburgh before the 5th or after 23rd, could also meet for a coffee or something 👍
Between those dates, i’ll be in Malmo and surrounding areas for Scottys wedding. 👌👍🇸🇪

Wishing your lad well for his scan results Marko 🙏. I guess I’m in a similar place myself with two scans scheduled for next Wednesday (8th) one head & neck and the second shoulders downwards. I get my results on 23rd March and in the meantime hope and pray 🙏 that all is well keeping everything crossed 🤞. Until then we can plan nothing.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:00 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:56 pm
Wishing your lad well for his scan results Marko 🙏. I guess I’m in a similar place myself with two scans scheduled for next Wednesday (8th) one head & neck and the second shoulders downwards. I get my results on 23rd March and in the meantime hope and pray 🙏 that all is well keeping everything crossed 🤞. Until then we can plan nothing.
Got absolutely everything crossed for you, man, I really have. Never really experienced dealing with close relatives with cancer before, ….. its always been either distant relatives or friends…… but since October 30th, 2021, it really has been an eye opener as to what is and what is not important in life.
🙏🙏all goes ok with the scan results, Charnwood.

Crazy how threads unfold…….. from parking, to this.

Traffic Wardens are still bstds though aye?! :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:11 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:04 pm
Bluemike wrote:
We are in Scotland from 13th to 18th August and Edinburgh on the Tuesday 15th I believe it is.

Praying for Scotty too man, puts this football crap into perspective.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:47 pm

Hope you guys are ok and the health side works out for you, must be hard going and really puts things into perspective.

Edinburgh is lovely, used to go there a fair amount for work. Glasgow Center is alright to be fair too.