Time Added On

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Time Added On

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:13 pm

Do they just make this up as they go along? Take yesterday for an example. 1st half 4 minutes added on, 2nd half 3 minutes even though there was the injury to Davis (which seemed took longer than 3 minutes to deal with) plus all the substitutions. Our group in SBRL just burst out laughing when the board went up.
Ok I know the game was done and dusted with but why do I have the feeling that if we had only been 1 up there would have been more than 3 minutes go up on that board?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Time Added On

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:58 pm

Yesterday was indeed a joke, was expecting at least double what we got, some weeks we get high figures and wonder where the hell they magic it from, I think they just pluck a number tbh.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:39 pm

I think it’s all about the competency of the 4th Official. After our game finished yesterday I was following the Derby v Shrewsbury game which went to something like 90 + 12 mins and beyond. Something significant must definitely have happened there.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:56 pm

I too was surprised. I also agree that had the score been closer, there would have been more time added on. I was under the impression that they always allowed (at least) half a minute per substitution event and the same for each goal. Then add on injuries and time wasting.

I see in the newspaper today Fifa are apparently going to crack down on countries (including England) that aren't following the World Cup example of adding on sufficient time for time wasting. - essentially expecting most games to last 100 minutes. They reckon the average game the ball was in play at the World Cup was 60 minutes - but some leagues (it doesn't state where) the average playing time is only 50 minutes. But Fifa aren't prepared to adopt the obvious solution of a fixed time for the game to be "live" (as in basketball). I guess it would be impossible without having a fourth official at every match - I can't imagine Sunday league footy with a fourth official!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:48 pm

Remember the first 2 or 3 games of the Qatar World Cup……. 15 or so minutes added on time :lol: Everyone was like 🤷‍♂️

Think they quickly realised it was ludicrous and it was sorted to look a tad more accurate.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:25 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:39 pm
I think it’s all about the competency of the 4th Official. After our game finished yesterday I was following the Derby v Shrewsbury game which went to something like 90 + 12 mins and beyond. Something significant must definitely have happened there.
Someone trying hard to give the rams enough time to get a winner.