Sainsburys- parking

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

shabba

Sainsburys- parking

Post by shabba » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:26 am

Hi all,

Usually park in the car park next to the stadium and then go for a drink after whilst the traffic dies down a bit. Today I may try and leave more promptly, so was thinking of parking somewhere else, I'm sure I read somewhere the Sainsburys is a good spot to park? Can walk down and then a bit closer to heading back to Essex. Can you park there all day etc?

hallamblue

Re: Sainsburys- parking

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:49 am

I’m pretty sure the Sainsbury car park has signs up stating something like 2 hrs maximum parking . So you’d run risk of clamping. They’re not daft unfortunately.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:53 am

Think you’re right hallam. I know I’ve seen people park there for night games but if it is a case of 2 hours parking imo it will be a big risk to try it on a Saturday.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:07 pm

If like up here in Ecosse, yep, 2hrs maximum parking in most supermarket car parks. All on camera so its not clamping --->> its a parking ticket through the post. These parking companies are contracted by the supermarkets and are quite lethal. I got a ticket last year for meeting an old buddy at a Tesco Cafe. The chat went over 2hrs. Bloody 60 quid chat. I mean the "catch up" was good, but it wasn't worth 60 quid.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:19 pm

I usually park at Halfords at the Suffolk Retail Park, about a 5 minute walk form the ground. You get 3 hours there, so you have to time it to arrive about 2:30 or thereabouts.
Evening games I park at Wickes, a 10 minute walk I guess. I parked at Halfords once and got back to find the barrier down....

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:28 pm

Lol ( shouldn’t laugh but just have ) so what did you do with the barrier being down ? Arse holes did it on purpose didn’t they !!!

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:28 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:28 pm
Lol ( shouldn’t laugh but just have ) so what did you do with the barrier being down ? Arse holes did it on purpose didn’t they !!!
They were brilliant. They put the barrier down and put the padlock through but didn’t click it shut. I opened it up, drove out and shut it. Thinking how pissed off my wife would have been to drive a 35 mile round trip to take me home - and the same the next day to retrieve the car. I was so grateful.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:36 pm

Lol….blimey that WAS good of them. Very understanding.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:48 pm

Andym wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:28 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:28 pm
They were brilliant. They put the barrier down and put the padlock through but didn’t click it shut. I opened it up, drove out and shut it. Thinking how pissed off my wife would have been to drive a 35 mile round trip to take me home - and the same the next day to retrieve the car. I was so grateful.
Next day on the news......, Ipswich Halfords robbed...... Police are looking for this man on CCTV opening the barrier and closing it. Looks like an inside job as that padlock should've been clicked shut.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:12 pm

Haha nice story! I also randomly woke up with a snapped off car park barrier on my house once after a heavy night (wasn’t driving).

Ended up parking in my usual spot - car park by the ground.