New manager

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: New manager

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:39 am

Only resurrected this thread because of the timescale ONLY. Its incredible it was only 8 weeks ago. Its a thread of “open mouth, belly rumble” wind & pish. I should know ——>> feckin expert.

You should’ve heard the utter twats on radio scotland yesterday wanting Robbie Neilson out of the Hearts Cants. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Unbelievable really. The same type of tw*t who got Jack Ross ousted. Its all about the bigger picture and so so so much goes on behind closed doors that fans are not privy to.

For me (in my opinion) …… the only manager that was “lost” was Paul Lambert. Even more so than Hurst. Was so blatantly obvious that Lambo was winging his time @ Portman Road with his utter nonsense press conferences.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:46 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:39 am
Only resurrected this thread because of the timescale ONLY. Its incredible it was only 8 weeks ago. Its a thread of “open mouth, belly rumble” wind & pish. I should know ——>> feckin expert.

You should’ve heard the utter twats on radio scotland yesterday wanting Robbie Neilson out of the Hearts Cants. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Unbelievable really. The same type of tw*t who got Jack Ross ousted. Its all about the bigger picture and so so so much goes on behind closed doors that fans are not privy to.

For me (in my opinion) …… the only manager that was “lost” was Paul Lambert. Even more so than Hurst. Was so blatantly obvious that Lambo was winging his time @ Portman Road with his utter nonsense press conferences.
They exist at every club and every aspect of life !
The worst aspect of it now for me is boards reacting to it and not properly backing a manager through a tough period. Patrick Viera springs to mind.

There was a complete rocket on this site not so long ago calling for McKenna to be sacked. He is coming back at the end of the season to see if we align with his view :)
Que a complete loss of form from Town :)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:09 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:42 am
mendipblue wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:48 pm
What you seem to forget he has been a manager for just over a year. That is a lot different to Being a coach under a manager.Can any of you on here say in your first year in a new job everything went smoothly? Also KMck does not shoot, pass, head or tackle. Its the failure of individual players missing chances gifting goals and getting injured that has put us in this situation. The only thing I wish KMck would not do is rotate in form players. I believe we should back him and not call for him to be sacked.
I found this thread slightly harsh at the time as my comments above showed. There are few who should look at what they wrote then to what they are saying now. 🤔
As far as I am concerned everything I wrote when I wrote it was totally correct and valid, thankfully certain things have stopped/changed hence the improvement which is in part down to the learning curve, clearly not all of it but certainly some, I think the way things have changed vindicates those who were concerned and unhappy, being a happy clapper and fence sitter is all well and good but often can be equally as detrimental to the cause and always offers up the " I told you so" route to those that cannot abide being wrong, I far more respect those that have an opinion that doesn't conform to the masses and who are not afraid to put their hands up when the need arises.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:21 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:09 pm
mendipblue wrote:
mendipblue wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:48 pm
What you seem to forget he has been a manager for just over a year. That is a lot different to Being a coach under a manager.Can any of you on here say in your first year in a new job everything went smoothly? Also KMck does not shoot, pass, head or tackle. Its the failure of individual players missing chances gifting goals and getting injured that has put us in this situation. The only thing I wish KMck would not do is rotate in form players. I believe we should back him and not call for him to be sacked.
I found this thread slightly harsh at the time as my comments above showed. There are few who should look at what they wrote then to what they are saying now. 🤔
As far as I am concerned everything I wrote when I wrote it was totally correct and valid, thankfully certain things have stopped/changed hence the improvement which is in part down to the learning curve, clearly not all of it but certainly some, I think the way things have changed vindicates those who were concerned and unhappy, being a happy clapper and fence sitter is all well and good but often can be equally as detrimental to the cause and always offers up the " I told you so" route to those that cannot abide being wrong, I far more respect those that have an opinion that doesn't conform to the masses and who are not afraid to put their hands up when the need arises.
Depends on how often you are putting your hand up and what you say when you do it. If its constantly kneejerk and abusive then its pointless. If its considered and well though out then its of value. I know which type Marko was referring to.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:42 pm

I wasn't even considering anything Marko had said, I think I know Marko well enough to know we are on the same hymn sheet most of the time.

For what it is worth I could pull any poster off this board and show you a trail of their posts that contradicts themselves from their thoughts on subjects a while back to current day, nothing wrong with that at all, it's the failing to acknowledge "I got it wrong brigade" that make me laugh.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:45 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:21 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:09 pm
mendipblue wrote:

Depends on how often you are putting your hand up and what you say when you do it. If its constantly kneejerk and abusive then its pointless. If its considered and well though out then its of value. I know which type Marko was referring to.
Back in the bleak old days and long before you appeared on the scene I can remember ploughing pretty much a lone furrow month after month, season after season trying to keep things positive, back then it was sometimes called having Blue Tinted specs, something I most definitely don't have, if things are wrong or crap I say it, always will, no fence post up my arse for sure, running with the Hare's and hunting with the Hounds is certainly not my style.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:42 pm
I wasn't even considering anything Marko had said, I think I know Marko well enough to know we are on the same hymn sheet most of the time.

For what it is worth I could pull any poster off this board and show you a trail of their posts that contradicts themselves from their thoughts on subjects a while back to current day, nothing wrong with that at all, it's the failing to acknowledge "I got it wrong brigade" that make me laugh.
Aye we have someone on St Mirren website who does that. Kinda annoying but makes you think before you post.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:35 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:01 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:42 pm

Aye we have someone on St Mirren website who does that. Kinda annoying but makes you think before you post.
I certainly wouldn't be arsed to do it, the point is none of us get it right all the time.