NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:49 pm

How the f ...have Leeds won this game??? They've been second best the whole game

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:51 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:49 pm
Leicester City are now the Joint Championship league leaders with Blackburn Rovers for gifting points away from a winning position in the final 15 mins. It’s now 13 points so far this season.
Did you get given a stats manual for christmas, Charny? You seem to be 'statto man' of the forum in recent days! 😂

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:54 pm

Ridiculous result 3-1.... nowhere near a reflection of the game.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:57 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:51 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:49 pm
Leicester City are now the Joint Championship league leaders with Blackburn Rovers for gifting points away from a winning position in the final 15 mins. It’s now 13 points so far this season.
Did you get given a stats manual for christmas, Charny? You seem to be 'statto man' of the forum in recent days! 😂
It’s just a stat that came to my attention when we scored the winner against Rotherham. We appear to be the best in the land at both not dropping points from winning positions and winning points from losing positions. All credited to McKenna’s use of analysing and using in game individual player stats.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:58 pm

This result now ( for me) consigns us to 3rd because I can't see Leeds dropping points against the lower league teams they are left to play in the last 15 games.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:01 pm

I'm just pleased I decided not to watch very disappointing, lucky bar stewards

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:04 pm

The worst outcome possible for us. Far worse for us than for Leicester City. I fear both team from this game will take the automatic places. Had Leicester won or even drawn I really fancied our chances. If we want promotion now it may well have to be by winning the pay offs which is far from beyond us. Don’t give up guys, this is still on.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:05 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:58 pm
This result now ( for me) consigns us to 3rd because I can't see Leeds dropping points against the lower league teams they are left to play in the last 15 games.
Did you see Bristol City ending Southampton's 22 game unbeaten run? Thought not!!

Leeds will drop points, but yes, we need to be near faultless from here.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:14 pm

Leeds really riding their luck today, it ain't gonna last till then end of the season.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:33 pm

Mauswara wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:14 pm
Leeds really riding their luck today, it ain't gonna last till then end of the season.
I think Leeds have too much firepower. If anything, they may have a bad day and draw, but they’re not moving below us. Agree with Charny we still have a chance in the playoffs albeit slim.

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:38 am

All Ipswich can do is worry about themselves. Keep playing, score as many points as possible. Could go down to last game of the season when Southampton and Leeds play

If we win tomorrow it keeps pressure on. The season is not over yet

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:00 am

Ricco wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:05 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:58 pm
Did you see Bristol City ending Southampton's 22 game unbeaten run? Thought not!!

Leeds will drop points, but yes, we need to be near faultless from here.
Oh I accept these are always shock results Ricco. But with the squads and firepower the top two have on their squad I'll be amazed if they slip up now. We, however can't afford to drop any more points now. And there's the goal difference, that's worth another point to the top two at this stage in the season.

This is not a defeat view, just looking at the trends and the most probable outcome. As fir Saints, I've eat he'd them several times and it beggers belief they've had the run they have ( mostly against much lower placed teams in the division), I think March will find them out tbh.

Trust me, I'm willing either of the top 2 to drop points, but I think it's more likely to be us
( Plymouth away and scum away), now. We'll see, and I'm praying hard!!

Edit. And BTW, YES I did watch Brustol beat Saints, and as I've said b4 I don't know what all the fuss is about Saints because whenever I've watched them theyve looked bang average to me. That night they looked very heavy legged. I guess the season is taking its toll on all clubs.
Last edited by hallamblue on Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:09 am

I actually don't think it's a bad result for us at all, a win today and we'll be level with Leeds and a mere Six behind the runaway leaders and champions elect Leicester, well that's what we were told. They are wobbling and have the harder run in out of the current top three, I've thought for a couple of weeks Leeds would win it and they probably will.

We just need to do our bit and if we do that we have every chance of top Two still, don't get defeatist everyone, I take it you all ignored Kierans message yesterday, believe until its mathematically impossible to go up automatically and should that happen let's go and win the play offs. I personally think we still have a very good chance, no slip ups today though please as we probably need to win them all at home. COYB'S

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:15 am

Really don’t see the point in worrying what might happen in March or April, as at this moment in time the only thing we need to concentrate on is todays game.
Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, for me we have far exceeded my expectations.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:49 am

Spot on Tony, although I did back Town b4 the season started ( on paper anyway), for back to back promotions for us.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:36 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:09 am
I actually don't think it's a bad result for us at all, a win today and we'll be level with Leeds and a mere Six behind the runaway leaders and champions elect Leicester, well that's what we were told. They are wobbling and have the harder run in out of the current top three, I've thought for a couple of weeks Leeds would win it and they probably will.

We just need to do our bit and if we do that we have every chance of top Two still, don't get defeatist everyone, I take it you all ignored Kierans message yesterday, believe until its mathematically impossible to go up automatically and should that happen let's go and win the play offs. I personally think we still have a very good chance, no slip ups today though please as we probably need to win them all at home. COYB'S
No one was catching Sheffield W last season I seem to recall at one point.

Look what happened there.

Plenty of twists and turns to go!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:46 pm

I dont think anyone is being necessarily defeatist, just a bit nervous as the games count down. Every point won is gold dust. Its who blinks first isn't it.

Leicester last night should gave been out of sight way b4 Leeds scored. It was a bit like watching us play Maidstone tbh. That's football isn't it. Thickness of the woodwork or half line and if there's give you a decision or not. He gave Leeds everything and Leicester nothing.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:51 pm

Hull1 WBA1 FT score

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:15 pm

Go on the wall!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:25 pm

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I think Leicester, and Southampton, will have a wobble of form, Leeds has a lot of endurance in their squad, so to me It's very much game on when we hit our top form towards the end of last season we were unstoppable, so a repeat of that form and we will be home and dry

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:35 pm

Leeds obviously a very efficient team, not only put four past us home and away but can and have beat the topmost teams in this league. Got a useful set of players and goals doesn't seem an issue for them. Read reports they were fortunate last night in their win but with it once again the officiating standards weren't really the best.

Leicester losing wasn't the worst result, makes it more feasible we can finish first position but all you can ask if we're in those final two places by end of season. We got a number of winnable games including today where can take advantage and get lots of points with it. It's up to McKenna and the players to deliver on that opportunity however.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:40 pm

Crazy result of the day happens in the Loons league.

14 points clear at the top Stenhousemuir ----->> LOSE @ HOME......, to 5 points adrift at the bottom Clyde ---->> 6-1 ? Jeezo, what a couple burster that is. :shock: How could it be 6-1?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:43 pm

Got to be a fix surely , we pumped them in midweek

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:46 pm

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:47 pm

And after all those Fish jokes this week, ......., ex Loon TROUTEN scores for East Fife from the spot. Not good. NEVER a pen!! (Haven't seen it!)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:48 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:47 pm
And after all those Fish jokes this week, ......., ex Loon TROUTEN scores for East Fife from the spot. Not good. NEVER a pen!! (Haven't seen it!)
Lmfao, what a twist of fate, our keeper should have saved it but he's a shrimp.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:57 pm

lucy wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:46 pm
https://www.skysports.com/football/vide ... highlights

Highlights of the Game
Don't wish to rock the boat, but from those highlights, people COULD blame Woolfenden in the slowed down play......., but both Burgess & Morsy look like they do not know where they should be. They were both in a flap, panicking a bit I think. FIVE defenders there , and that guy found space. If Chaplin makes contact, its a pen, and Axel had the other guy covered. Would've been an irritating state of affairs had it ended 1-1.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:49 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:40 pm
The crazy result of the day happens in the Loons league.

14 points clear at the top Stenhousemuir ----->> LOSE @ HOME......, to 5 points adrift at the bottom Clyde ---->> 6-1 ? Jeezo, what a coupon burster that is. :shock: How could it be 6-1?
Probably played in shitty muddy wet conditions Marco and Clyde played to the conditions probably hoof and run stuff and not the Muir, on some poor state pitches playing good passing football ain't on, sh*t happens.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:55 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:57 pm
lucy wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:46 pm
https://www.skysports.com/football/vide ... highlights

Highlights of the Game
Don't wish to rock the boat, but from those highlights, people COULD blame Woolfenden in the slowed down play......., but both Burgess & Morsy look like they do not know where they should be. They were both in a flap, panicking a bit I think. FIVE defenders there , and that guy found space. If Chaplin makes contact, its a pen, and Axel had the other guy covered. Would've been an irritating state of affairs had it ended 1-1.
Marco: Another thing I noticed yesterday is that Wolfi stopped tippy-tapping around and played more direct passing, I think Kieran had a word in his shell-like and said to be more positive and not invite trouble with slow playing out from the back, what do you think ??? also Wolfi always seems to stay stationary and turns away from the player shooting instead of trying to block the shot, I think he's a woosie don't you

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:57 pm

Win at Motherwell but not enough to claim back first position. Shame the idea of letting both Old Firm club names join the English league will never see the light of day as simply put, for both it must be something of a long-standing non-event challenging and topping a league where no-one else can feasibly win it.

Just for relevance sake (Ipswich) Town women got a standout victory over Rugby so guess both men and women going well and picking up wins with it.