really really good poll of the week

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

baxterbasics

really really good poll of the week

Post by baxterbasics » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:22 pm

Speaks for itself.

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:27 pm

Sorry, got to be realistic and unpopular, as much as we all love Pablo, we need those 3 players and we managed ok without Pab's on Saturday...sorry.

baxterbasics

Post by baxterbasics » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:34 pm

Exactly my thinking. If Pablo went for 2 million - a lot in the current 1st D transfer market - I would not kick up a fuss. I'd even like to se the money spent on a decent left back to replace Matt Richards, who is absoloutely dire.

Jus

Post by Jus » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:35 pm

Sell Darren Bent, because he's not first choice at the moment and Pablo is our top scorer, if we sell Pablo thats the final straw, the board must go and I will personally boycott until they do, selling last seasons and this seasons top scorer so far shows a lack of ambition from the club, therefore I will not go to a game until Sheepshanks does the honourable thing and steps down before he destroys this club.

And before anyone says Darren Bent comes from our academy and thats why he should not be sold, (I can see that one coming already) maybe you ought to judge the players on their abillity rather than where they came from, Pablo's scoring record is much better than Darren's, and Pablo is a fairly unique striker for this division.

As Joe said at the weekend, Darren and Shefki are not a long term partnership, with Pablo and Shefki we have two players who play well together and offer a little something different, whereas you don't get that with Darren and Shefki, and before anyone points to the Sheffield United game, great, you can judge a partnership on one game can you? I don't think so.

Sure we won 3-0, but the front two didn't combine anywhere near as much as Pablo and Shefki would, Pablo is a unique talent at this club and pretty much for the division in general, if we sell him we will have sold Gaardsoe, our best defender, Holland our best Midfielder, and Pablo our best striker all within 6 months of each other.

I could give you a list of all the players we've lost since we've gone down, and the amount of times SHeepshanks said we needed one more sale but the next week sold another player, but it would be too upsetting to see what squad we did once have.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:02 pm

If the case arose, then whoever we sold, they would be a hero..

Braintree Blue

Post by Braintree Blue » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:51 pm

I voted for "sell" but only on the basis of £2M, which in the current market is very very unlikely, especially with our dear Chairman who would most likely give him away for a packet of toffees and 1/2 a Kit Kat and call it a good deal!!

Good question baxterbasics, it's not easy to answer. Just think how BFJ feels when it happens in real life.

chris

Post by chris » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:11 pm

Holy sh*t Jus!

A hypothetical situation is posed and you're boycotting? Take a deeo breath..........

That having been said I would not sell, if we are any chance to win promotion we need to keep Pablo. He is better than Kuqi and Bent with the ball at his feet.

Jus

Post by Jus » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:40 pm

I'm not joking, I only just bought a season ticket, if Pablo had been sold I most defantley would have not have done, I am pissed off enough about the low fees we recieved for Holland and the sale of Gaardsoe for football reasons along with Ambrose last season, and selling Pablo who is our best striker and top scorer would be the final straw, loaning out Marcus Bent and offering him what ias basically a free transfer didn't help either.

But if Pablo is sold, the board must go.

End of.