About YOU!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

NaylorFan

Post by NaylorFan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:59 pm

A Richard Naylor fan here, seeks 5 like minded others to start a "Bring Back BamBam" campaign.

Discretion please.

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:16 pm

Hi, I'm James the Brains. You may remember me from such posts as "It's Gonna Be A Merry Xmas @ Portman Road 2005", "16 days until Wrestlemainia XX" and "Jim Magilton's Training Techniques Revealed". Now I have decided to tell you all a little bit about me, because I am bored at work and have nothing to do.

I'm 21 and in peak physical condition. I've been supporting Town for eleven years. Being poor and living in Bristol however I don't get to see them much. I choose to support the mighty Ipswich Town because they are clearly the finest football team the world has ever seen (and my local teams are rubbish); although my Dad did have a little something to do with it. I've been terrorising ITFC message boards for five years, and this one for three. I have a degree in Sport Management, and wrote my thesis on the London 2012 Olympic Games. I'm gonna be a journalist though - check out my website www.the-taxman.co.uk. Currently I'm working for ACAS, but this is just a means to an ends. I have a bright future.

Damn this was fun.

TauntonBlue

Re: About YOU!

Post by TauntonBlue » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:29 pm

Riviera wrote:
Dazza wrote:Tell us about yourself... :)
ok here goes, although i must admit im a little worried as it looks like the oldest here :?
im marc, i live in torquay (the english riviera), im 31 married with 2 kids, boy 8 and girl 10, i dont get to portman road very often, used to go about 10 times a season, mostly away games simply because they were easier to get to from here, but im as passionate as any other ipswich fan, my sons middle name is ipswich and my house is also called ipswich, fav player of all time has to be arnold muhren, best match probably the play off final, will never forget the globe on baker street before the game, what an atmosphere
get in touch if you wanna chat, msn - ippo1887@hotmail.com[/b]
Hi everyone and Riviera (Marc).

Just to make you feel a little younger, (not much mind you now you've reached the slippery heights of 31), I am 35, also married with 2 kids - Millie 4 and Thomas (nearly) 2. I also live close to you, in relation to Ipswich that is, in cider country, ooohhh aarrrr, Taunton, Somerset (or Zumerzet to anyone who still thinks we chew straw). I am a Self employed Landscaper / Bricklayer running a small business and also currently retraining to be a Building Surveyor (hopefully).

'....and it is my considered opinion in my professional capacity as a Building Surveyor that Carrow Road is a bag of sh*te, a danger to the health of Suffolk residents and needs bulldozing immediately.... '

As for ITFC, supported since 1975 (4 years old, i remember because I had a blue and white striped scarf with matching bobble hat), loved the highs of the two cup winning years, the good runs in the leagues of subsequent years and also suffered the verbal abuse at the hands of my brother who is a.....no i cant say it.....ummm...a West Spam fan. Two seasons of....HAHAHAHA.....not good for family unity.

Fave Players - among others....
Arnie Muhren - Cannot disagree
Terry Butcher - solid english bulldog attitude
Paul Mariner - Good west country talent
Matt Holland (don't laugh) - One of the most consistently reliable, dedicated and loyal players that commanded respect from both older and younger players in the time we had him. That goes a long way, these days!

Nice chatting. Email - allgardensgas@tiscali.co.uk
Steve.

Susie

Post by Susie » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:54 pm

TauntonBlue wrote:
Riviera wrote:
ok here goes, although i must admit im a little worried as it looks like the oldest here :?
im marc, i live in torquay (the english riviera), im 31 married with 2 kids, boy 8 and girl 10, i dont get to portman road very often, used to go about 10 times a season, mostly away games simply because they were easier to get to from here, but im as passionate as any other ipswich fan, my sons middle name is ipswich and my house is also called ipswich, fav player of all time has to be arnold muhren, best match probably the play off final, will never forget the globe on baker street before the game, what an atmosphere
get in touch if you wanna chat, msn - ippo1887@hotmail.com[/b]
Hi everyone and Riviera (Marc).

Just to make you feel a little younger, (not much mind you now you've reached the slippery heights of 31), I am 35, also married with 2 kids - Millie 4 and Thomas (nearly) 2. I also live close to you, in relation to Ipswich that is, in cider country, ooohhh aarrrr, Taunton, Somerset (or Zumerzet to anyone who still thinks we chew straw). I am a Self employed Landscaper / Bricklayer running a small business and also currently retraining to be a Building Surveyor (hopefully).

'....and it is my considered opinion in my professional capacity as a Building Surveyor that Carrow Road is a bag of sh*te, a danger to the health of Suffolk residents and needs bulldozing immediately.... '

As for ITFC, supported since 1975 (4 years old, i remember because I had a blue and white striped scarf with matching bobble hat), loved the highs of the two cup winning years, the good runs in the leagues of subsequent years and also suffered the verbal abuse at the hands of my brother who is a.....no i cant say it.....ummm...a West Spam fan. Two seasons of....HAHAHAHA.....not good for family unity.

Fave Players - among others....
Arnie Muhren - Cannot disagree
Terry Butcher - solid english bulldog attitude
Paul Mariner - Good west country talent
Matt Holland (don't laugh) - One of the most consistently reliable, dedicated and loyal players that commanded respect from both older and younger players in the time we had him. That goes a long way, these days!

Nice chatting. Email - allgardensgas@tiscali.co.uk
Steve.
Take a look at the date he did that Taunton (over 3 years ago!!!) :D :lol:

TauntonBlue

Post by TauntonBlue » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:41 pm

Susie wrote:Take a look at the date he did that Taunton (over 3 years ago!!!) :D :lol:
Yeah I know now Susie. Might help if I actually looked before posting sometimes. Anyway, I posted that when I joined a few months back, and was just browsing at the time.

Incidentally, Riv is still trying to claim he's 31.....How does that work then? :wink: :wink:

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:24 am

TauntonBlue wrote:
Susie wrote:Take a look at the date he did that Taunton (over 3 years ago!!!) :D :lol:
Yeah I know now Susie. Might help if I actually looked before posting sometimes. Anyway, I posted that when I joined a few months back, and was just browsing at the time.

Incidentally, Riv is still trying to claim he's 31.....How does that work then? :wink: :wink:
my young looks :wink: :lol:

StevieBlue

Post by StevieBlue » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:52 pm

Hi Folks

Just found this forum - seems a lot if fun, browsing through the posts!

Well, from my username you will probably have guessed that my name is Steve. I currently live in Mansfield, Notts but am originally from Sheffield and hope to return back home soon to live as I hate it here.

I follow both Sheff Utd and Ipswich - I feel Ipswich are a wonderful footballing team and deserve and are capable of much better than what they have shown so far this season.

I do a lot of trading on ebay but am currently having a rest from it having made enough cash to buy myself a new car and all the extra expenses that goes with it.

Hope to have fun here, nice to meet you all.

Cheers

Steve

wilkoitfc

Post by wilkoitfc » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:35 am

StevieBlue wrote:Hi Folks

Just found this forum - seems a lot if fun, browsing through the posts!

Well, from my username you will probably have guessed that my name is Steve. I currently live in Mansfield, Notts but am originally from Sheffield and hope to return back home soon to live as I hate it here.

I follow both Sheff Utd and Ipswich - I feel Ipswich are a wonderful footballing team and deserve and are capable of much better than what they have shown so far this season.

I do a lot of trading on ebay but am currently having a rest from it having made enough cash to buy myself a new car and all the extra expenses that goes with it.

Hope to have fun here, nice to meet you all.

Cheers

Steve
you got enough cash to buy ipswich?

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:59 am

Hey guys,

Ive been posting on here for a few months now but never got around to introducing myself.

Im a student from Chelmsford and am into music, football, nfl and cricket.

Im a season ticket holder in cobbold stand lower (i hate it - no atmosphere :lol: ) and i go to quite a few away games.

Ive allready meet some nice people off here.

Thanks, Mark

leggi2

Post by leggi2 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:07 pm

hi i'm Leggi , 30 years young born and bred in leeds,but followed Ipswich all my life due to my dads side of the family originating from Hadleigh,been allover the country watching the town,don't get to many games nowadays due to work and family ties,the next generation of yorkshire tractorboy is coming on well in my 3 year old son Alfie.I was a regular poster on the former town talk board,and also post on www.singing-the-blues.net.

itfc_01

Post by itfc_01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:20 pm

been here 4 ages but dont think i posted on here

I'm Emma, studying at my local college last year of A levels, which i took ICT, Biology and Health and social care(which tbh is biology/psychology), 7 weeks left WOO. I football coach a local kids team and love going to see ipswich. Starting my degree next year yippie :roll:. Enjoy talking to other ipswich fans on msn (feel free to pm me if you want my address)

Cuffy

Post by Cuffy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:23 am

I've been here for a while but haven't done this either.

I'm Martin a 25 year old student currently studying IT at Reading.

Back home out of term time I work in Framlingham and went to school at Stradbroke.

Don't get to go to many games these days but managed to get to Coventry and Palace away this year. I sit in the NSL for home games, somewhere behind the left hand post.

Thats about it :)

I_AM_GOD

Me

Post by I_AM_GOD » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:53 pm

Well - I'm 31, an IT Manager for a software company here in Ipswich, lived south of Ipswich for 26 years, an Ipswich fan since the age of three, Witches fan in the Speedway.

Probably be seen as a real geek about my interests in sci-fi, computers, gaming (World Of Warcraft at the moment), writing, etc, but then I do have a sci-fi book of my own published at the start of the year (www.alphaprotocols.com) - you might have seen it already.

Done several radio interviews over the past couple of months to promote the book and stated on one that if it sells enough I can invest in the club. Unfortunately not many Ipswich fans heard the interview, but it will be replayed in a few weeks!!!

Number 9

Number 9

Post by Number 9 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:28 am

All right then.

Let’s take a trip down memory lane. Some of you may have wondered how dedicated an Ipswich fan I am. And, some of you probably don’t give a rat’s arse. However, I do feel it’s time to clarify some of the ITFC fan-qualifications I’ve achieved over the years. Well, I was born in 1966 and if I remember correctly, England won the World Cup in 1966. So, right from the start I was brainwashed with delusions of grandeur, as far as England’s pending footballing achievements were concerned. Consequently, I blocked out all of those sensible external forces and began kicking a ball around not too far after I learned how to walk. By the time I was 5yrs old, it had become apparent that perhaps this little tyke had a morsel of talent. When I saw my first football, it was like peering into the reflection of an FA Cup trophy. It was brilliant! So I had the passion, or delusions, that one day I would be there with the Best of them kicking a bloody ball around a dog-shitted field. My first team was of course, Liverpool. Yes, that’s right. Emlyn Hughes was my favourite player. God bless his soul. When I played football in the back garden with my brother, I would always be Emlyn Hughes. What a laugh, hey! Thank God, I finally came to my senses and began supporting the ‘Town’. Of course, those were the days of Sir Bobby and Thijssen and Mariner. It was a time when Clive Woods invented the banana kick against Leeds: a time when teams feared coming to Portman Road. That’s right all you youngsters. Portman Road was certainly a fortress! As time passed, the revelation of me being the ‘Chosen One’ for football was becoming quite evident. The ball stuck to my feet like it stucked to the nose of our Jack Russell Terrier. People would always say, he’s pretty good for a kid isn’t he? Before long, I was running circles around ‘Fatty Matuszak’ at the local park. I always played football with the older boys. I was quite the prodigy. And if some of you are saying, yes he does have delusions of grandeur, I understand. But remember, I was just 8yrs old. That is how old I was when I got lost at Portman Road during a match. I can’t remember what team we were playing, but I do recall it was quite a traumatic experience. My Dad had taken me to the game and it was a packed house. We were in the crowd when I remember my Dad disappeared into the infinite mass of bodies that surrounded us. And there I was, all alone in the stadium with no Dad, no money, and not the least of which, I’m missing the bloody game! Luckily for me, a policeman found me and put me in this glass box in the lower tiers. The box had a couple of seats in it so I could watch the game. It was an excellent view of the pitch! All of a sudden, I forgot about being lost because I had a birds-eye view of the game. After the half time whistle blew, the policeman came and got me and said he was taking me to my Dad. And of course, there was an announcement for my Dad to meet his lost child at a section in the stands. When I saw my Dad, I ran over and hugged him and the crowd cheered as we reunited. Now that’s an Ipswich Town moment!

My first team position, believe it or not, was goalie. It’s par for the course really, a young English boy who can dribble like Georgie Best is chosen to be Goalie. Anyway, I made a couple of brilliant saves before I turned in the green shirt for a blue one. I was Ipswich through and through. Every time I kicked the ball I envisioned myself playing at Portman Road. One of my mates actually got the chance to play there during a match in the county league. Yes, I was jealous! Do you remember the match against Manchester United when all those poor people got crushed? I was at that game. And I can’t remember the details, but I remember going to a game with my sister when hundreds of fans stayed behind to try and get Sir Bobby to come out and talk to them. Well he did, and that was another Ipswich Town moment!

Not too long after that game, I was off to QPR with my dad. We went on a coach with about 30 ITFC fans, and I remember thinking that this was the best day of my life: my first away-game experience! I was in heaven! I think we won that game 3-1. I’m not sure, but I do remember how cheap QPR’s stadium seemed. The seats were like those plastic seats you find on a child’s playground…very tacky! The pitch wasn’t that bad, although there was this sewery-pong in the air emanating from the field. Actually, I think the pitch was artificial like Astroturf or something. But, it still had a pong. The best part of the journey was the coach-drive home. We were all singing Town songs and the air was full of celebration. It was very cool! That was the only away-match I went to. My Uncle followed Ipswich all over Europe the year they won the trophy. That would have been excellent! Still, there will be a day when I’ll be doing the same; following my team to its glory!

Well, the rest is history really. I’ve been an Ipswich fan ever since, almost 32 years later. I hope I haven’t rambled on for too long. If anyone’s interested in hearing more about the history of ‘Number 9’ just ask.

claire_itfc

Post by claire_itfc » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi, i'm Claire and i'm 17, I live in Essex.
I'm currently in my 1st year of 6th form doing AS levels in: history, psychology, english and geography.
Been a huge town fan for years, my favourite current player is Owen Garvan. :D

brian_mul

Post by brian_mul » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:19 pm

claire_itfc wrote:Hi, i'm Claire and i'm 17, I live in Essex.
I'm currently in my 1st year of 6th form doing AS levels in: history, psychology, english and geography.
Been a huge town fan for years, my favourite current player is Owen Garvan. :D
Hi Everyone, nice to meet you all.
Im 25 male and from Ireland. I have been a huge fan since 1994.
I have only managed to see Town once and that was at a friendly game last summer in Galway!
Fav Players past and present: Holland, Mowbray, Jim and Dyer/ Garvan, Harding and Clarke.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:27 pm

welcome to the new members, hope u enjoy the site

join in and have fun

bluey37yorks

bluey37yorks a.k.a mikey

Post by bluey37yorks » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:29 am

hi all,
well were do i start? o.k i'm a 37yr old male currently living in north yorkshire but originally from essex.
i've been supporting Ipswich town f.c since i was old enough to go to my first footy match which if i recall was when i was about 8yrs old unfortunately i can't remember what i done yesterday let alone so far back so could'nt tell you who it was against but i do recall a fantastic occasion when we trounced man utd 6-0 at portman road.
well it's great to se so many blue's fans on this site and as i live so far away it's nice to maybe keep in contact with some of you.
well take care n be good

mikey

itfcdudette6

Post by itfcdudette6 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:19 pm

Hey everyone :)

My name's Hannah, I'm 15, a year 10 pupil and live in West Suffolk. I've supported the Town for 7 years now and really it's changed my way of life for the better :D I've been a season ticket holder in the Brittania Stand for the past 4 seasons, and try to get to away games where possible. I'm venturing across the border later this month... I like most sports, but my main loves are cricket (play cricket) and football.

Urm.. That's all
:D

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:57 pm

itfcdudette6 wrote:

My name's Hannah, I'm 15, a year 10 pupil and live in West Suffolk. I've supported the Town for 7 years now and really it's changed my way of life for the better :D I've been a season ticket holder in the Brittania Stand for the past 4 seasons, and try to get to away games where possible. I'm venturing across the border later this month... I like most sports, but my main loves are cricket (play cricket) and football.

Urm.. That's all
welcome Hannah, another cricket fan eh???...good on ya 8)

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:12 am

itfcdudette6 wrote:

Urm.. That's all
Gidday Dudette, welcome aboard, good to see you migrated onto an ITFC Board...I always feel sheepish (drum roll :lol: :lol: ) on that other board as there are so many Leeds fans and they're a bit down in their dumps at the moment and I don't like Leeds very much :wink: so have to try really hard to remain civil lol :lol: :lol:

itfcdudette6

Post by itfcdudette6 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:16 am

vaalae wrote:
itfcdudette6 wrote:

Urm.. That's all
Gidday Dudette, welcome aboard, good to see you migrated onto an ITFC Board...I always feel sheepish (drum roll :lol: :lol: ) on that other board as there are so many Leeds fans and they're a bit down in their dumps at the moment and I don't like Leeds very much :wink: so have to try really hard to remain civil lol :lol: :lol:
Ahh dude, I'm still on that one (25K posts now ;)). Any Ipswich fans on there'll be welcome, but I'm not here to advertise, don't worry :)

itfcdudette6

Post by itfcdudette6 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:17 am

Riviera wrote:
itfcdudette6 wrote:

Urm.. That's all
welcome Hannah, another cricket fan eh???...good on ya 8)
Oh yeah, love the game! I'm in the U15 development squad! :D

Means I have to leave at half time though to go to training :cry:

wilkoitfc

Post by wilkoitfc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:18 am

I have been on the forum for a while and only now have finally got round to doing this.

My name is Jason, I'm 21 and literally live round the corner from where Dazza works. At present i work as a Sales & Marketing Exec for a telecommunications firm in Surrey working in the area of Mobile Network Optimisation and Network Planning.

I went to school at Holbrook nr Ipswich and whenever i am back in the area always go and watch the sometimes slightly super blues.

Before this forum i never associated Rileys as a football pub/bar and strongly intend to make my debut in the not to distant future..

*Level 3 shareholder in the football club

kimmi1

Post by kimmi1 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:59 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm Kimmi and I live in South Africa. I'm 15 years old and I've supported Ipswich for as long as I can Remember! Everyone in SA only know of the premiership teams mainly the man u's and liverpools so I'm used to people asking 'Ips-who????' But I'm staying loyal!!!! I got introduced to Ipswich by my dad cos he's a supporter too(we're like the only ones from around here!)LOL!!!!!

LionsRaw

Post by LionsRaw » Tue May 08, 2007 11:05 pm

my name is kev and i'm a 31 yr old finance broker living in yarm (teeside). i was born in nottingham due to my parents moving to the midlands as the pits further north were closing at a silly rate in the early 70's so as a kid loved forrest.

i moved to newcastle in 83 to be nearer both grandparents and stayed till 2 yrs ago when i moved to yarm to be nearer my wifes parents as we had just had our first child.

i never really liked any footy clubs but always loved england so no matter how we play or who is manager i can't help but be passionate and hopeful even when other aren't or can't.

During my wifes pregnancy i felt a burning desire to learn about god, jesus and christianity and after many months gathering info, reading and soul searching became a christain during the NE1 event which was the biggest christian mission in the north east for more than 25 yrs. (this story is so long, maybe another time...)

i have always had a passion for playing football - in fact I have actually played at more than 15 league grounds including portman rd and the old wembley in 92 when i actually scored. nothing ever came of it though hence employment!

for some reason i have always had a soft spot for ipswich so that is why i have registered to use the forum.

need anymore? just ask......

kev.

Jyrki

Post by Jyrki » Thu May 17, 2007 2:12 pm

hei

I am Jyrki, I am from Turku in Finland but i am currently in the Uk for a time, travelling and site seeing, Last week i go to Ipswich on the train for the day and saw the stadium, i liked it much, i now support Ipswich.

My interests are football, music, snowboarding and drawing/painting

When does the season start again, i wish to attend some games at Ipswich

Kiitos

Jyrki

-Mikey-

Post by -Mikey- » Sun May 20, 2007 10:41 pm

Hello I'm Mikey, I am almost 16, have lived in Woodbridge all of my life. I have been watching Ipswich since I was 3 years old, and have been a season ticket holder since i was 7.
I am 6ft 3, and my nicknames include 'The Lank Tank' and 'Crouchy', but I prefer 'Big Boy'- a nickname given to me by my gorgeous girlfriend,(although she is a West Ham supporter!).
My favourite player when i was little was James Scowcroft, and then Hermann Hereidarrson, and now Jason DeVos. I have alot of respect for tall players because being tall myself i understand how tough it is to get recognition for being a good player, rather then just the 'lanky one at the back who wins all the headers'!
Last season I fufilled my childhood dream of becoming a mascot for Ipswich (at the Wolves game), and i smashed a penalty past Lewis Price!Get in!
I aspire to be a sorts writer or a football comentator when i'm older, and i have already had articles published in the Evening Star and the EADT, when i was on work experience. Fell free to add me on MSN if you find me intersting- robin_van_pentti@hotmail.co.uk.

NoCanariesAllowed

Post by NoCanariesAllowed » Tue May 22, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi everyone, NoCanariesAllowed here, or NCA for short. I'm new around here, but I've been posting under this name on various messageboards since 2004.

Here's a bit about me I've lifted from an introduction I posted on one of the other boards I visit:

I'm NCA (NoCanariesAllowed). I'm 19, born, bred and based in Warwickshire and currently commuting to Leicester University. I made one of the most insane decisions of my life in July 2002 when I decided to start supporting Ipswich - I developed a liking for the team back in the jolly Premiership days of 2000/01 and felt disappointed to see the club leave the top flight, so I pledged my support to them... and 5 years later I'm still wondering why. Lol! Sadly I've never been to Portman Road or even seen Ipswich play away. I've not even seen them play live on TV (damn you, Watford, I really thought this year's FA Cup might be the first time!!) Instead I travel with my Leicester-supporting bro to watch the Foxes - now my second team - play perhaps a couple of times a month. But one day, I'll get my arse over to East Anglia and get behind the lads (that is unless they slip into League One, by which point I think my loyal ties will probably snap...! ) I've written for Town fanzine TWTD a few times so some people on here may know my real name as a result, but I'm not gonna share it with you now. I like to maintain my anonymous internet persona... ;)

That's me, people!
itfcdudette6 wrote: Hey everyone :)

Urm.. That's all
Hey there, Han! Nice to see a familiar name on here!

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:06 pm

Jyrki wrote:hei

I am Jyrki, I am from Turku in Finland but i am currently in the Uk for a time, travelling and site seeing, Last week i go to Ipswich on the train for the day and saw the stadium, i liked it much, i now support Ipswich.

My interests are football, music, snowboarding and drawing/painting

When does the season start again, i wish to attend some games at Ipswich

Kiitos

Jyrki
welcome to the board :)

Season starts in early august so its quite a while as yet :(

Where do you go snowboarding ? im keen on snowboarding too.