Where Will we Finish This Season?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Jus

Where Will we Finish This Season?

Post by Jus » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:58 pm

Just wanted to get a rough idea of what people think after tonights debacle

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:02 am

Play offs... Sounds crazy at the moment but we're sh*t and eveyones sh*t...

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:05 am

I also think the heartache of the playoffs awaits us :?

DeIpswich

Post by DeIpswich » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:18 am

1978greats wrote:I also think the heartache of the playoffs awaits us :?
I bet u the results of this poll, will be drastically different from polls 2 months ago on 'where will we finish this season'.

Who knows wot the next 2 months will hold?

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:44 am

I think we will finish outside play-offs now. We have been poor now for several games, with no sign whatsoever of our defence tightening up.

My tip for the play-offs: Crystal Palace.

Jus

Post by Jus » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:47 am

I voted for the same, we're making the same stupid errors we were in Agusut, you'd hope with two defenders in Mowbray and Donachie there they could iron these things out, but obviously not.

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:53 am

Jus wrote:I voted for the same, we're making the same stupid errors we were in Agusut, you'd hope with two defenders in Mowbray and Donachie there they could iron these things out, but obviously not.
I've said it before, and I'll say it millions of times in the future:

If Richard Naylor continues in the centre of defence we will never keep clean sheets. It's as simple as that, the guy is no defender, for all the heart and commitment you need some skill, and he has none whatsoever sadly.

Jus

Post by Jus » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:58 am

Naylor's not the only problem though to be honest, granted he gives the ball away in some awful positions, and is probbably part of the problem, but I don't think he is 100% to blame.

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:13 am

Jus wrote:Naylor's not the only problem though to be honest, granted he gives the ball away in some awful positions, and is probbably part of the problem, but I don't think he is 100% to blame.
Never said he was 100% to blame but he contributes to a tremendous amount of goals conceded and it is a worry. Hopefully we'll see Santos and Diallo next week, which did ok in 2nd half tonight.

Jus

Post by Jus » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:15 am

Would agree with that, Naylor is prone to the odd lapse here and there and thats cost us a lot in the past, he's got great commitment and would die for the club, but I simply don't think he's good enough to be first choice centre back.

Would also like to see Santos and Drissa given a go over a longer period, but I think Royle's a big McGreal and Naylor fan from comments he's said in the past so I'm not sure if we will see it.

canarybaz

Post by canarybaz » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:16 am

as ive said b4 id like to see both of us go up this season...it would be good for east anglia having both teams in the top flight & wouldnt be the same without the banter between us especialy around the derby games...

was your game as bad as it sounds today, i didnt get a chance to see any of it... Im sure you'l pull a few results together soon, lets face it if you'd won today you'd be 3rd now & you'd all be feeling alot happier...Im sure you will atleast make the play offs & hopefuly do well in them, unless we're in them aswell :wink:

Cheer up you lot!!!!

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:43 am

canarybaz wrote:as ive said b4 id like to see both of us go up this season...it would be good for east anglia having both teams in the top flight & wouldnt be the same without the banter between us especialy around the derby games...

was your game as bad as it sounds today, i didnt get a chance to see any of it... Im sure you'l pull a few results together soon, lets face it if you'd won today you'd be 3rd now & you'd all be feeling alot happier...Im sure you will atleast make the play offs & hopefuly do well in them, unless we're in them aswell :wink:

Cheer up you lot!!!!
Trust us! We were awful today! Worse than we were against you lot!

There is no way both Ipswich and Norwich will go up this season...I would bet my mortgage on it.

Vaughan8

Post by Vaughan8 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:28 pm

Lewis wrote:
Jus wrote:Naylor's not the only problem though to be honest, granted he gives the ball away in some awful positions, and is probbably part of the problem, but I don't think he is 100% to blame.
Never said he was 100% to blame but he contributes to a tremendous amount of goals conceded and it is a worry. Hopefully we'll see Santos and Diallo next week, which did ok in 2nd half tonight.
Diallo was as bad as naylor and he is supposed 2 b a centre back! i'm not just saying that becos he made a mistake 4 the 1st goal. He was awful thro-out but so was whole team so........
Just gotta say i thought Bent made us a lot more lively and threatening. Definately kuqi and Bent to start next game!

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:40 pm

i think we'll end up in the playoffs , may b 4/5th. i would like us 2 get 2 the playoff final but not necessarily go up :S i no it wsounds weird but what would b the point of getting promoted with our squad?

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:43 pm

faw102 wrote:i think we'll end up in the playoffs , may b 4/5th. i would like us 2 get 2 the playoff final but not necessarily go up :S i no it wsounds weird but what would b the point of getting promoted with our squad?
Easy answer there............money

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:45 pm

To get the money that you get when entering the prem, investing wisely, maybe going back into division one and starting all over again but with a better financial footing.