About YOU!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Riviera

Re: Hello

Post by Riviera » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:53 am

Scott Candage wrote:I was a member here a long ago. I live in North Dakota now and have been an ITFC fan since the early 80s. I really think we're going up this year. I love the Sumulikowski signing and hope we sign Norris too. I'm a law school graduate and am 44 years old. Up the Town!
Hey Scott, i remember you from the old TWTD chat room many years ago, Brechin City are still Scotlands Number one team :wink:

Scott Candage

Post by Scott Candage » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:41 pm

Riviera wrote:
Scott Candage wrote:I was a member here a long ago. I live in North Dakota now and have been an ITFC fan since the early 80s. I really think we're going up this year. I love the Sumulikowski signing and hope we sign Norris too. I'm a law school graduate and am 44 years old. Up the Town!
Hey Scott, i remember you from the old TWTD chat room many years ago, Brechin City are still Scotlands Number one team :wink:
Then you do remember me, and they still are. :D

blueboys

Post by blueboys » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:33 pm

hi,my names Andy,i live in harwich and iam an engineering train driver/operator.i supported arsenal for 27 years but when they got new stadium they pooped on the supporters by not selling tickets on the day so said fook that!!!!i only started supporting town 2 seasons ago and since then ive only missed 2 games in total west brom and burnley away this season......i blooming love the club and am definately hooked big time!!!!!if ya see me at the matches come say hi...iam usually with my 10 year old daughter who also goes to ALL the matches home and away.promotion bekons this year i believe.....Andy+Paige

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:09 pm

blueboys wrote:hi,my names Andy,i live in harwich and iam an engineering train driver/operator.i supported arsenal for 27 years but when they got new stadium they pooped on the supporters by not selling tickets on the day so said fook that!!!!i only started supporting town 2 seasons ago and since then ive only missed 2 games in total west brom and burnley away this season......i blooming love the club and am definately hooked big time!!!!!if ya see me at the matches come say hi...iam usually with my 10 year old daughter who also goes to ALL the matches home and away.promotion bekons this year i believe.....Andy+Paige
Welcome to the Forum Andy & Paige..

astrocomet
Location: The ice world of Hoth (Astrothermic) Jupiter Moons (Methathermic) and Kessingland Lowestoft, Suffolk

ASTROCOMET....

Post by astrocomet » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:04 am

Hi-its me your worst nightmare....I am an Amature Astronomer who lives out in the deepest darkest parts of Suffolk and I like Astronomy very much-infact its a bit of an Obsssession once I get going on the subject but I must be careful as I don't want to get too technical and leave you all wondering what the hell is this guy on about, I luv the Ipswich Town Football Club and their miraculus achievements over the many unforgettable years but it seems to me they've come up against the Buffers at the moment and just can't go any further-well I guess they'll just have to dig the Buffers up a bit and extend the line on-whatya reckon-anyone who work for the railways will know what I'm talking about.....???

Minted

Re: ASTROCOMET....

Post by Minted » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:07 am

astrocomet wrote:Hi-its me your worst nightmare....I am an Amature Astronomer who lives out in the deepest darkest parts of Suffolk and I like Astronomy very much-infact its a bit of an Obsssession once I get going on the subject but I must be careful as I don't want to get too technical and leave you all wondering what the hell is this guy on about, I luv the Ipswich Town Football Club and their miraculus achievements over the many unforgettable years but it seems to me they've come up against the Buffers at the moment and just can't go any further-well I guess they'll just have to dig the Buffers up a bit and extend the line on-whatya reckon-anyone who work for the railways will know what I'm talking about.....???
Welcome to the site Astrocomet

Happy posting, hope you enjoy your stay :wink:

astrocomet
Location: The ice world of Hoth (Astrothermic) Jupiter Moons (Methathermic) and Kessingland Lowestoft, Suffolk

OVERWELMED....

Post by astrocomet » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:09 am

Thankyou very much there kind sir that's very kind of you.....

ivalo7

about you.

Post by ivalo7 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:47 am

Have moved down from the Northwest of England and retired on the Norfolk/Suffolk border to be near family. My home town club is Morecambe, who I was watching when they were in the Lancashire Combination. Most will never have heard of that.

i'm afraid some of family do watch Norwich occasionally and I have been to see them a few times recently. It really was pretty dire to watch. Saw Ipswich last Saturday (v.Blackpool) and that was enough to tell me I would be buying season ticket next season.

Have seen lots of football espec in Lancs since 1952 and have always enjoyed seeing sort I saw last Sat. Remember Ipswich in 62 when they along with Burnley/Spurs were starring.

Thanks to all who welcomed me to site this week. Looking forward to a long and happy association with the club.

The French Guy

Post by The French Guy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:39 pm

A displaced season ticket holder now living in France.
Gonna be there for the Derby and Cardiff though.

Cheers

John

shanelomax1

Post by shanelomax1 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:22 am

hi iam 41 live in cambridge been a town fan since mid seventies got 3 boys all town fans been a season ticket holder on an off for the last 30 years best game wembly 78 best player kevin beattie

krissiblue

Post by krissiblue » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:39 pm

some of you know me - some dont - havent changed much so no need to write a new intro cept im brunette not blonde now :roll: :lol:

Jome_ITFC

Post by Jome_ITFC » Sat May 24, 2008 12:03 pm

astrocomet wrote:Hi-its me your worst nightmare....I am an Amature Astronomer who lives out in the deepest darkest parts of Suffolk and I like Astronomy very much-infact its a bit of an Obsssession once I get going on the subject but I must be careful as I don't want to get too technical and leave you all wondering what the hell is this guy on about, I luv the Ipswich Town Football Club and their miraculus achievements over the many unforgettable years but it seems to me they've come up against the Buffers at the moment and just can't go any further-well I guess they'll just have to dig the Buffers up a bit and extend the line on-whatya reckon-anyone who work for the railways will know what I'm talking about.....???
That turned out well :lol: :lol:

broadside

Post by broadside » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:35 pm

My first Town match was in 1973. I had a lucky escape as my Dad comes from just outside of Norwich and had been taken to C****w R**d as a lad a few times by my Grandad, who was staunch yellow and green. They moved to Ipswich and my Dad became a Town fan and I followed. :D

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:38 pm

broadside wrote:My first Town match was in 1973. I had a lucky escape as my Dad comes from just outside of Norwich and had been taken to C****w R**d as a lad a few times by my Grandad, who was staunch yellow and green. They moved to Ipswich and my Dad became a Town fan and I followed. :D
Welcome Broadside, and think yourself lucky your a blue and not a yella :lol: :lol:

happy posting

jaydub

Forever Blue

Post by jaydub » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:09 am

Hi I thought i would introduce myself on here as i'm a newby! I'm Jon 38, Single, work and live in London. Born and bred Chantry tho, lived in Robin Drive and then Radcliffe Drive before unceremoniously being dragged to the middle of NOWHERE(Devon) when i was 12, by my lovely parents!! Thanks for that!! Well i was a committed blue then and still am now after finding my way out of the wilderness, and even managed to drag myself along to Palace at the weekend to see the boys do us proud, bring on Chelsea! Shame tickets are all gone. Anyway to any old Sprites lane junior school class of 1978-81 then i'll say hi and maybe see you on the travels soon and to steve from Bury i'll see you down South Africa rd for QPR cos unless a miracle happens i'm not gonna get to chelsea. Drop by a say hello and maybe you guys can tell me where you meet up for the away fixtures when you are in London, Cheers and keep the faith, Jon

Earl Blue

Re: Forever Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:12 am

jaydub wrote:Hi I thought i would introduce myself on here as i'm a newby! I'm Jon 38, Single, work and live in London. Born and bred Chantry tho, lived in Robin Drive and then Radcliffe Drive before unceremoniously being dragged to the middle of NOWHERE(Devon) when i was 12, by my lovely parents!! Thanks for that!! Well i was a committed blue then and still am now after finding my way out of the wilderness, and even managed to drag myself along to Palace at the weekend to see the boys do us proud, bring on Chelsea! Shame tickets are all gone. Anyway to any old Sprites lane junior school class of 1978-81 then i'll say hi and maybe see you on the travels soon and to steve from Bury i'll see you down South Africa rd for QPR cos unless a miracle happens i'm not gonna get to chelsea. Drop by a say hello and maybe you guys can tell me where you meet up for the away fixtures when you are in London, Cheers and keep the faith, Jon

Welcome to the forum Jaydub.. Hope you enjoy it here.

Earl

geiren

Norwegian wood

Post by geiren » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:52 am

Hi,

My name is Geir, and I live on the west coast of Norway.
Having a father who played 1-1 against Ipswich in the early 1960's, it was no doubt about which english team would be mine.

I have never been to Ipswich, but this year it will be! Together with a good friend and neighbour I have bought plane tickets to London in April, and will be on Portman Road for the first time when the Blues takes on Doncaster.

Does anybody have a good suggestion on where to stay during that weekend?

Geir

Earl Blue

Re: Norwegian wood

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:21 pm

geiren wrote:Hi,

My name is Geir, and I live on the west coast of Norway.
Having a father who played 1-1 against Ipswich in the early 1960's, it was no doubt about which english team would be mine.

I have never been to Ipswich, but this year it will be! Together with a good friend and neighbour I have bought plane tickets to London in April, and will be on Portman Road for the first time when the Blues takes on Doncaster.

Does anybody have a good suggestion on where to stay during that weekend?

Geir
Welcome to the forum Geiren, have fun. By the way I love the avatar..

We have a travel section on the forum, I would suggest you make
a note about your coming to Ipswich on there as you
are more likely to get a reply from that area.

Cheers
Earl Blue

john_itfc

Post by john_itfc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Im John

Quite new to this forum didnt know about this bit. Im 17 and have been a town fan since the beginning as the rest of my family. were all from ipswich. Also have a bit of a soft spot for Luton town.
Unfortunally i dont get to go that much as im a student and in the current climate cannot get a part time job :roll:
also a big speedway fan.

p.s
i was just wondering as well lol how do you quote mutiple people in a reply. i can only quote individual replys. i see people quoting whole conversations in there reply can someone tell me how to do this lol

hatch

Post by hatch » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:53 pm

john_itfc wrote: p.s
i was just wondering as well lol how do you quote mutiple people in a reply. i can only quote individual replys. i see people quoting whole conversations in there reply can someone tell me how to do this lol
OK, just click the "quote" tab. You don't need to do anything special.

If a 5 quote message has been posted, for example, just click quote again and all those 5 quotes will be included.

Give it a go, quote this and it should include your orignal post.

I've probably made it more complicated, Earl can explain better probably. :lol:

john_itfc

Post by john_itfc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:02 pm

john_itfc wrote:

p.s

If a 5 quote message has been posted, for example, just click quote again and all those 5 quotes will be included.

I've probably made it more complicated, Earl can explain better probably.
o dear im not doing very well here thats how it comes up :? :roll:

hatch

Post by hatch » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:07 pm

[qote="john_itfc"][qote="hatch"][qote="john_itfc"]

p.s
i was just wondering as well lol how do you quote mutiple people in a reply. i can only quote individual replys. i see people quoting whole conversations in there reply can someone tell me how to do this lol [/qote]

I've probably made it more complicated, Earl can explain better probably. [/qote]

o dear im not doing very well here thats how it comes up :? :roll:[/qote]

^^ That is how it should look but with quote spelt correctly obviously. It might be a technical fault. I'll wait for Earl's input.

john_itfc

Post by john_itfc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:17 pm

Omg this is the single most complicated thing thats ever happend to me haha. how the hell am i gonna b able to do my Alevels :P
im sure i dont have that [quote=""] thing anywhere mabie a can blame this on a technichal hitch

astrocomet

Post by astrocomet » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:18 am

Jome_ITFC wrote:
That turned out well :lol: :lol:
Tut-cheek.... :roll:

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:01 pm

Name is Callis. 21 years old. Grew up in Lakenheath. Had a season ticket from the age of 10 then gave it up when I was 18 to come to Uni in Portsmouth. Finished uni now but still live in Pompey. Makes it hard to get to games, last season I managed 6 but this season I've only done two due to having no money or time. Hopfully moving to London in the near future so I'm only a train trip away and can go more often again.

This is my Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/callis_1987

It's a film page (I did a TV & Film Production degree) to show some of my portfolio, also love my music and am in a band called 'Final Round... FIGHT!' as well as a music promoter in Southsea. Links are on the page above to all that if you want to know more!

truckertrev

Post by truckertrev » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:45 pm

hello people,I`m trev 41(nearly 42) years old.I have lived in the midlands for approx 38 years but me dad always followed ipswich town. Have been a town follower since i was at school.Didn`t start going to matches until i`d left school,mainly due to the fact that i lived 150 miles away.Once i passed me driving test and got some wheels i would go to the ipswich vs birmingham games(brother in law is a blue nose).Last few seasons ive managed to drag me dad down with us as he now lives in lowestoft so trips would be arranged to fit in with itfc home games.We enjoyed the games so much that he now has a season ticket-this year iv decided to buy an st for me and my boy.north stand upper.
Getting some funny remarks from work collegues due to the fact that i get a 300 mile round trip for a home game!!!
Must also confess that i drive a yellow and blue lorry.Cant be helped as its a good job-and no they wont change the colours just for me!!!!!!!
thats it for now.

Callis

Post by Callis » Sun May 03, 2009 6:02 pm

I am Callis who is known as "Guest" above.

Don't worry, I didn't get banned and resign up! I tried to register with this account first and it didn't work so I registered again with the above account, but now Ed has got this one working. YAY!

MissBluey988

Post by MissBluey988 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:59 pm

:) Hello everyone *waves*

I've just joined up this week. I'm 20, female and from a little village 9 miles inland from Lowestoft. Have been an Ipswich Fan since I saw them play Inter Milan on TV when we first moved to the area so must have been about 2001/2 (correct me if I'm wrong). Have only been to a few matches, and none for a long while now as I kinda lost interest in football until recently.....have just rekindled my love for the beautiful game as current boyfriend is a massive football fan (although I do seem to have lumbered myself with an Arsenal fan :cry:)

So that's me in a nutshell.....hope to get to a few more matches next season and joined her to try and get back into the football scene.

VictaLawnMower

Post by VictaLawnMower » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:28 pm

Welcome. :)

Don Lorenzo

Post by Don Lorenzo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:43 pm

Hello..

My name is Klaus, and I'm from Roskilde in Denmark! I'm 36, been fan for around 30 years.

I became fan of Ipswich because of Paul Cooper. I remember I saw Ipswich on TV, and Paul Cooper saved a penalty. That situation placed my heart at Portman Road.
I've seen Ipswich twice at Portman Road, both wins, against Southampton in 1995 (2-1) and against Coventry in 2007 (4-1).

I work as project manager in a finance department in Copenhagen.
Besides football I like to play golf. I like music in different genres. Among my favourites are Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Morrissey, David Bowie, Johnny Cash and Katatonia.

That's a bit about me. Maybe we'll meet someday.

Regards
Don Lorenzo