Premiership

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tim

Premiership

Post by Tim » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:26 am

Do you really think we can make it this season?

And if so, would you want to go up??

One Thomas Gaardsoe

Re: Premiership

Post by One Thomas Gaardsoe » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:31 am

tim_itfc wrote:Do you really think we can make it this season?

And if so, would you want to go up??
I have voted, Yes You Can, I really feel you will make the Play Offs and win the final.

I hope you do (y)

mini

Post by mini » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:16 am

No. As I've said in previous posts I can't see us getting any sign of promotion this season especially after yesterday's defeat.

One Thomas Gaardsoe

Post by One Thomas Gaardsoe » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:45 am

mini-tit wrote:No. As I've said in previous posts I can't see us getting any sign of promotion this season especially after yesterday's defeat.
No offense yeah, Honestly I thought you are one of the best teams ive seen this season, ok I know Ive only seen you play mainly yesterday but you look a good team, and if it wasen't through the officials yesterday it could of gone the other way. Even thou the officals got things wrong for both teams. I honestly think you will make the Play Offs and could go on to win them.

Also your only one point out of the Play Offs, and some of the top teams have still got to play each other yet.

Keep the faith :wink:

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:10 am

I'm saying yes because after watching yesterday's performance (twice!) I think we can do it and do it well :D ....

I'm keeping the faith :D

Col-Blue

Post by Col-Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:27 am

1978greats wrote:I'm saying yes because after watching yesterday's performance (twice!) I think we can do it and do it well :D ....

I'm keeping the faith :D
3 piont next match and we are right back up there because other teams are playing each other

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:38 am

yesterday has made me 100% sure we can make it and do it in style too. yeah ok our defence is still leaky but at times we were playing as good as i have seen all season.

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:41 am

i think we can make it via the play offs but i really don't want us to go up. if we went up this season we wouldnt have much money to bring in anyone new and lets face it , if we went up we would have to bring in a few players, we would end up coming straight back down and i doubt the clubs finacial (cnt spell soz) status is strong enough to with hold the effect of us getting relegated yet again.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:49 pm

mini-tit wrote:No. As I've said in previous posts I can't see us getting any sign of promotion this season especially after yesterday's defeat.
I agree, too many silly games lost recently, I'm not talking as in teams because WBA arent a silly team to lose against, but we really should of won and we didnt, we made a couple of mistakes which cost us a couple of goals and 3 points.

At the end of the day ifs and buts wont win us promotion. :(

Col-Blue

Post by Col-Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:53 pm

Dazza wrote:
I agree, too many silly games lost recently, I'm not talking as in teams because WBA arent a silly team to lose against, but we really should of won and we didnt, we made a couple of mistakes which cost us a couple of goals and 3 points.

At the end of the day ifs and buts wont win us promotion. :(
hopefully this result will sort out our team and i think we can go onto not loseing a game till the end of the season

Qbert72

Post by Qbert72 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:56 pm

I think we can do it.

Yesterday apart from a couple of players everyone gave their all and showed the desire to win. If we keep this going we should be in the play offs and we do have plenty of play off experience.

Going up would be a double edged sword, on one hand we will make some serious money and the other our defence will be torn to shreads.

So we go up make a few loan signings for the year and come back down ready to do it all again.

This is our only option, as staying in div 1 will slowly kill us finacially.

COme on you blues.