Hatch's SHEFFIELD UTD Preview and Match Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How will we end the season?

Poll ended at Sun May 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Ipswich Town WIN
69%
Draw
24%
Sheffield United WIN
7%

Total votes: 29

hatch

Re: Hatch's SHEFFIELD UTD Preview and Match Thread

Post by hatch » Sun May 02, 2010 4:32 pm

To cheer you up...

The football league are getting a bit worried that some teams play less mid-week games than other teams which is seen as unfair so they are bringing in a new rule - everyone must play Wednesday at least twice.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 02, 2010 5:25 pm

We couldnt even go out with a bit of passion for us fans. yet another inept sh*t display, from a bunch of inept sh*t players, under the orders of a inept sh*t manager. This tosser of a manager then has the front to refuse to come out at the end and applaud the fans who bothered to stay, the ones who have pretty much kept him in a job with their patience all season, He had the front to slag of Mariner for being rude and dispespectful, exactly what he has done to us today. I hope to god he pisses off before next season which i know he wont. Complete tw*t !!!

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Sun May 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Until today, I dont think I've ever gone to a game caring less about the result. It doesn't matter anymore. Thank god this season is over! I am a little worried thought that now wright and rosenior are no longer long term plans, keane isn't planning on putting peters in that spot. He was torn apart today by yeates. Don't get me wrong, I like peters but he was very poor defensively.

Anyway as I said I'm glad this season is over. I'm gonna spend the summer looking forward to going back to the drum and monkey and dreaming about the barmaid. Whoever she is ;)

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sun May 02, 2010 7:56 pm

bluemike wrote:We couldnt even go out with a bit of passion for us fans. yet another inept sh*t display, from a bunch of inept sh*t players, under the orders of a inept sh*t manager. This tosser of a manager then has the front to refuse to come out at the end and applaud the fans who bothered to stay, the ones who have pretty much kept him in a job with their patience all season, He had the front to slag of Mariner for being rude and dispespectful, exactly what he has done to us today. I hope to god he pisses off before next season which i know he wont. Complete tw*t !!!

Im nodding here in agreement Mike, I know we have not seen eye to eye all season :) ,but we have been respectful to eachother...though clearly in different camps throughout the season.
I fear for us next season I really do. There is a long closed season period now and some wheeling and dealing to be done.There was nothing much riding on this game for either club ,but at least by the sounds of it Sheffield went for it big time and we fizzled out without a whimper.
I cant think of another club were the fans and board would have been sooooo patient for so long...especially in today results driven instant success football market.
I hope Keane will really pulls something out of the fire with some great signings which would really bring a feel good factor.A feel good factor would really do a lot for the much suffering fans.
As i wrote some months back Keane got (wisely) only a two year tenure so next year he has to deliver and I hope hes on a very short rope regarding buyings.
enjoy the summer break :)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 02, 2010 8:06 pm

phily bon bon wrote:
bluemike wrote:We couldnt even go out with a bit of passion for us fans. yet another inept sh*t display, from a bunch of inept sh*t players, under the orders of a inept sh*t manager. This tosser of a manager then has the front to refuse to come out at the end and applaud the fans who bothered to stay, the ones who have pretty much kept him in a job with their patience all season, He had the front to slag of Mariner for being rude and dispespectful, exactly what he has done to us today. I hope to god he pisses off before next season which i know he wont. Complete tw*t !!!

Im nodding here in agreement Mike, I know we have not seen eye to eye all season :) ,but we have been respectful to eachother...though clearly in different camps throughout the season.
I fear for us next season I really do. There is a long closed season period now and some wheeling and dealing to be done.There was nothing much riding on this game for either club ,but at least by the sounds of it Sheffield went for it big time and we fizzled out without a whimper.
I cant think of another club were the fans and board would have been sooooo patient for so long...especially in today results driven instant success football market.
I hope Keane will really pulls something out of the fire with some great signings which would really bring a feel good factor.A feel good factor would really do a lot for the much suffering fans.
As i wrote some months back Keane got (wisely) only a two year tenure so next year he has to deliver and I hope hes on a very short rope regarding buyings.
Yeah I do try to be respectful to most lol, ive calmed down a bit now, it was pure dross again. I honestly think we have the mother of all summers coming up and i really dont think he knows how to turn the situation around. I have said on more than one occasion that I am prepared to wipe the slate clean and start afresh, which I am, but I honestly think by october he will be gone. To rub salt in the wounds he insults us by not appearing at the end because he is "embarrased" what a joke he is.

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Best bit of today? The AH64 zooming in and around the ground. What a complete shower. Why play 5 in midfield only to have the defence hoof it over them? Who said promotion next season?

Mr.Punch

Post by Mr.Punch » Sun May 02, 2010 8:31 pm

bluemike wrote:
phily bon bon wrote:

Yeah I do try to be respectful to most lol, ive calmed down a bit now, it was pure dross again. I honestly think we have the mother of all summers coming up and i really dont think he knows how to turn the situation around. I have said on more than one occasion that I am prepared to wipe the slate clean and start afresh, which I am, but I honestly think by october he will be gone. To rub salt in the wounds he insults us by not appearing at the end because he is "embarrased" what a joke he is.
if we can learn one thing about keane this season, it is that he doesn't suffer fools gladly and that includes himself.
he has been critical and tough on players who failed to perform and extremely critical of his own failures - in sharp contrast to his predecessor.
all of which leads me to believe he does know how to turn things around in the next 12 months - will he? i'm not sure, but i honestly believe that if he came to a point where he thought he couldn't do it - he would be gone.

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Sun May 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Why is he suddenly going to turn it round in the next 12 months when he didn't turn it round in the previous 9?

Mr.Punch

Post by Mr.Punch » Sun May 02, 2010 11:18 pm

mugen1 wrote:Why is he suddenly going to turn it round in the next 12 months when he didn't turn it round in the previous 9?

suddenly is not a word i'd use, keane and others would say he is making steady progress.
we may well be 9 months down the road in terms of progress, the statistics seem to point in that direction.
we won't know until a few more months pass...

hatch

Post by hatch » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:35 pm

hatch wrote:
Sat May 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Hatch’s final word
So that is that. Hopefully we can end the season on a high and Keane can give the fans “something to shout about”. Not much else to say apart from make sure you give generously to the Help the Heroes fund and enjoy the events on show. I contacted both ITFC and SUFC over the past few weeks a number of times to ask if they could supply with my a high-profile interview of some sort as it was my last preview and I wanted to go out on a high. My fan-terviewee is at wedding and can’t be interviewed and Andy D’Urso is boring. So for my last preview I’m going to keep it short and sweet. Thanks again for all the support over the past two seasons and hopefully the previewers in seasons to come will be previewing a league match with Manchester United.

Hatch’s prediction – Ipswich Town 2-1 Sheffield United

Bye.

[/color]
These really were the days. Was it really 9 years ago? I've just popped back in for the first time in years and see the previews are still going strong! Shame my hope of previewing league matches with Man Utd never came through....

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:44 pm

Blimey !!!! Welcome back stranger, are you hanging around ?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi Hatch great to see you online and I hope all is well, I can’t believe it’s that long ago when you were doing previews.....

The nearest we’ll get to Man Utd next season will be when we play at Rochdale or even Bury Town if they get promoted from a League Two, how depressing is that.

Where are you these days ?.....as best I recall you were at Uni in Sheffield 🤔... or maybe that’s a figment of my imagination.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Welcome back Hatch!

You must pop in more often.

Great to see a number of 'older' names posting again on the forum ............ makes it all worthwhile keeping the forum going through the bad times!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Blast from the past! Good to see you post, Hatch. :D

hatch

Post by hatch » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Cheers for the messages all, nice to see those that have stuck around. Still can't quite believe it has been 9 years, I've been through Uni and 5 years of real life work since then! Good memory of Sheffield! I'm now a London Blue and still getting around the away games - making regretful midweek trips to Exeter and the like (to prepare for next season).

What's news around these parts?

How would you describe the general consensus around here?

A) - Still fully behind the team
B) - Evans out
C) - Resigned to relegation and demoralised
D) - Understanding of what we've become and what Evans has put in

Not sure which category I'd fall in personally!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 pm

A & C definitely and a bit of B creeping in lol

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 pm

hatch wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:00 pm
Cheers for the messages all, nice to see those that have stuck around. Still can't quite believe it has been 9 years, I've been through Uni and 5 years of real life work since then! Good memory of Sheffield! I'm now a London Blue and still getting around the away games - making regretful midweek trips to Exeter and the like (to prepare for next season).

What's news around these parts?

How would you describe the general consensus around here?

A) - Still fully behind the team
B) - Evans out
C) - Resigned to relegation and demoralised
D) - Understanding of what we've become and what Evans has put in

Not sure which category I'd fall in personally!
C & D for me hope you kep posting. :(