About YOU!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

JayITFC

Post by JayITFC » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:22 am

Hi all,

Im Jay, 28 and I live and work in Ipswich. Been a town fan for as long as I can remember. Basically I bleed blue blood and will support Town forever.

Pleasure to meet you all and thanks for having me;)

shortmarine1969
Location: poole dorset with work - but born and bred in Suffolk (heath road to be exact) live in Felixstowe

Re: About YOU!...this is me..!!

Post by shortmarine1969 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi..i am Ian Lamb.. known as Larry..!!..I have supported town all my life (i am now 40) I was born in Ipswich and lived in Felixstowe untill i joined the forces in 1986 (hence the name)...Used to hold season ticket but now I only manage to get to games when i travel home to see the family who all still live in Felixstowe allways try to go N/S Lower if i can. Due to buy a house in Colchester or Ipswich next year as i retire soon..!!!..(only from the mob)..when i will resign up for a season ticket...YIPPPEEE..!!...Well thats me

philip leighton

Re: About YOU!

Post by philip leighton » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Hello to ya all.

I am called phil leighton, I am am 35 years old and from teesside, born just outside middlesbrough and supported the mighty town all my life Iam going in away end on saturday should be good talking to some of you local tractor boys.

I work in teesside for a national company as a lifting equipment fitter. I am married with a daughter age 7, and a son age 3.

Thanks for haveing me and hope to speak soon.

chonkey

Post by chonkey » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:25 pm

Hey :)

I'm Kat & I'm 19.
Born & bred in Ipswich, I've been a season ticket holder for the past 8/9 years. We started out in the Britannia stand, but for the past 7 seasons i've been in the South Stand Upper with my nan, who is Reetpetite :)
I try to get to as many away games as I possibly can - nothing beats the atmosphere at an away game...i love it :D
I'm currently studying Psychology & Criminology at UCS.

I used to be on here years ago under Kat17, & i look forward to getting back into the swing of things once again :)

larrylamb
Location: Poole (dorset) with work !!! most of the time or Ipswich at Home..!!

Post by larrylamb » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi..i am Ian Lamb.. known as Larry..!!..I have supported town all my life (i am now 40) I was born in Ipswich and lived in Felixstowe untill i joined the forces in 1986 (hence the name..was previously SHORTMARINE.!! )...Used to hold season ticket but now I only manage to get to games when i travel home to see the family who all still live in Felixstowe allways try to go N/S Lower if i can. Due to buy a house in Colchester or Ipswich next year as i retire soon..!!!..(only from the mob)..when i will resign up for a season ticket...YIPPPEEE..!!...Well thats me..STILL NOT ALLOWED A SEASON TICKET..!! Long haired sgt major says so..!!..but got to every weekend home game this season in NSL so happy enough.. :mrgreen: ..

.oh and bought the house in Ipswich..!!...and only 1.5 miles from ground so chuffed with that.

jraudy

Post by jraudy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Dazza wrote:Tell us about yourself... :)
My name is Jimmy, an American 68 years old. My Ipswich father in law reside over here near us in CA. He's in his early 80's. Has followed the Blues all his life. Its a bit 'football' lonely for him over here so thought be a good idea to get permission to join your group and share use of the forum with him. He doesn't have a computer but his wife has a laptop so there is hope.

I married an Ipswich girl back in the 60's while stationed at Bentwaters.

Thanks for letting me in and I'll try to get my father in law involved.

BTW, he worked for a firm called Ransom and Jefferies for many years. Maybe some of you can relate to that.

Cheers,
Pingod

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Welcome to the forum Jimmy, thanks for joining.

We have quite a few members from the states on here so you'll be in good company.

Feel free to chat to everyone within all the topics. Obviously there is the main Ipswich Town and football forum for everything "soccer"

We've also just started talking about the NFL in general sports, please drop by and join in.

Don't forget the prediction league too, where you can prove your worthiness as an oracle or if like me, show you don't have a clue.

If you need anything at all, or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the other moderators on here.

Once again welcome.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:04 pm

jraudy wrote:
Dazza wrote:Tell us about yourself... :)
My name is Jimmy, an American 68 years old. My Ipswich father in law reside over here near us in CA. He's in his early 80's. Has followed the Blues all his life. Its a bit 'football' lonely for him over here so thought be a good idea to get permission to join your group and share use of the forum with him. He doesn't have a computer but his wife has a laptop so there is hope.

I married an Ipswich girl back in the 60's while stationed at Bentwaters.

Thanks for letting me in and I'll try to get my father in law involved.

BTW, he worked for a firm called Ransom and Jefferies for many years. Maybe some of you can relate to that.

Cheers,
Pingod
Good to see you posting on the forum Jimmy, you joined over 4 years ago, please don't leave it that long to post again! :D

As Don mentioned, just sing out if you need assistance with anything.

Cheers Dave

jerry2011

Re: sh*t I am a Grandad

Post by jerry2011 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Earl Blue wrote:Well at 46 years old I guess I have just let a few of you slightly younger
dads off the hook as being the oldest..

Started supporting town in 1971... been there seen it and dun it with the
town and still doing it, well my guess is I will be amongst the Zimmer Framers soon..

Hope that makes you lot feel happier now

lol
Cheers Earl! :wink: That's really made me feel young, the wrong side of fifty and already feeling like one of the ZIMMER brigade :lol: I too have been through the mill with this club of ours although my best memory was sitting down to the same dinner table as the late great sir Bobby Mick Mills Paul Mariner Eric Gates Terry Butcher and the man in his testimonial year Mr Kevin the beat Beatie amongst some others too at the old first floor club in Town. Ah the memories :mrgreen:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 am

jerry2011 wrote:
Earl Blue wrote:Well at 46 years old I guess I have just let a few of you slightly younger

town and still doing it, well my guess is I will be amongst the Zimmer Framers soon..

lol
Cheers Earl! :wink: That's really made me feel young, the wrong side of fifty and already feeling like one of the ZIMMER brigade :lol: I too have been through the mill with this club of ours although my best memory was sitting down to the same dinner table as the late great sir Bobby Mick Mills Paul Mariner Eric Gates Terry Butcher and the man in his testimonial year Mr Kevin the beat Beatie amongst some others too at the old first floor club in Town. Ah the memories :mrgreen:

Blimey, The First Floor Club, that takes me back a few years. I just remembered a stunning Croupier by the name of Marie. A great late night venue especially at the weekend.

eastlondonblue

Post by eastlondonblue » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi
50 ,from the East end ,season ticket holder.
back in the early eighties me and my mate went almost 250 games without a miss.
away games are few and far between now-financial
sit in churchmans upper,have also been in North and west and also away end.

JimReuserStewart

Post by JimReuserStewart » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 am

Hello all!

New to the forum ... name's Jim, I'm from Glasgow and I've been an Ipswich fan since I was a lad. I took an interest in them in the late 80's and from there I immersed myself in the club's history.

My friends and family still can't quite get their head around my interest in Ipswich - given that I've never lived or been to Ipswich.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:26 am

Marie.. Now was that the foreign lady. If so she was the wife of the owner Ken..

Charnwood wrote:
jerry2011 wrote:

lol

Blimey, The First Floor Club, that takes me back a few years. I just remembered a stunning Croupier by the name of Marie. A great late night venue especially at the weekend.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 am

JimReuserStewart wrote:Hello all!

New to the forum ... name's Jim, I'm from Glasgow and I've been an Ipswich fan since I was a lad. I took an interest in them in the late 80's and from there I immersed myself in the club's history.

My friends and family still can't quite get their head around my interest in Ipswich - given that I've never lived or been to Ipswich.
Hi Jim

welcome to the site mate.

We have another Scotsman on here 'Marko69' , we can neither shut him up or understand him half the time. :wink:

We're a friendly bunch on here so please feel free to post on whatever takes you fancy

Cheers Dave

ps I never been to Ipswich either

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Jim......, howz it gawn mate ? I've been to Ipswich......, what a fkn shthole. Worse than Dundee!

I do jest my friend....., no where on our planet is worse than Dundee....., except maybe Forfar.

Good to have you here bud, another scotsman on here can only be a good thing. I'm from Edinburgh....., South Queensferry to be precise....., right under the bridge....., probably why I have troll like tendencies. Hibernian season ticket holder. Been a Town fan since cup final 78....., awesome memories..., and the Scotland squad was littered with Ipswich legends.

Keep posting buddy,.....,, maybe try your hand at the prediction league.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:42 am

Thought about this first and shall I shan't I, bugger it lets give it a try.

Im Daz, 44, originally from Tiptree now living in Swindon (ex-forces and travelled around), supported Town since Primary school days (77/78). Brother & dad were Man Utd, thought id go for a local team!

Still remember watching the 78' final on TV, leapt of the sofa when we scored, did I have a sore throat after that game or what. Dont get to many games at all really to be honest, combination of distance and money (root of all evil), should try harder really, like being back at school!

Cant say I really have a favourite player, Mariner, Mills, Thijssen, Muhren (Dutch lads were fantastic!), and more recently Stewart and young Matty Holland, now he would be a great No.2 at Town.

Feel free to drop me a line anytime, I dont bite just grumble a bit lol. Cheers!

pathay

Post by pathay » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 am

My name is Haydn I am 75 years young and an ex cop and live in the Rhonndda Valley in South Wales. My first love in football is as you all will have quessed is Cardiff City. I have always admired IT since the 80s and have always looked for their results on match days. I came on this site following Cardiff's last game at Ninian Park which was against IT and I believe it was Roy Kean's first game. You thrashed us and destroyed any hopes we had for promotion. However many of your fans stayed behind to take part in our celibrations and my aim in coming onto the site was to commend these fans for taking part. I have since been a regular contributor and taken a little bit of stick sometimes. But I enjoy the banter but I am saddened by the way your team have performed. But in the words of that popular song ' don't worry everything is going to be alright'

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Haydn,

You are always most welcome on this site, I always enjoy reading your posts. Is this finally Cardiffs year or not? :wink:

There are many of us on this site who although Town is our first passion, follow other teams. In my case due to some family ties, I always check to see how Cheltenham are doing (although its usually just a quick glance through the results).

Thanks for your kind words regarding our current plight.

Cheers Dave

mdtractorboy

Post by mdtractorboy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:32 pm

I'm Patrick and I've been a tractor boy since the mid 70's.

We lived in the US in the late 70/80's near Detroit when the NASL was at it's peak. The Detroit Express had Alan Brazil and Roger Osborne on the squad so I was a happy fan. ITFC came over and played a friendly match but unfortunately my hero Paul Cooper wasn't playing.

Before moving back to the UK in the mid 80's I came over for a few training camps held just outside Ipswich. I met Mick Lambert (a very nice bloke) and Terry Butcher showed up for a couple of hours.

The last camp I went to I finally got to meet Paul Cooper (always been a keeper). He arranged a penalty kick competition against all the keepers. I was kitted out in my home made graphics Pioneer logo keepers shirt (this was way before you could buy them). He saved all of our shots and I was the only one to come close to saving his. I dove left and got my fist to it but it bounced off the crossbar and in.

I'm back in the US again now and I follow the team as much as I can from here. Hopefully they'll return to some decent form soon.

pathay

Post by pathay » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:07 am

I honestly think that this will be our year. We have a strong squad of good young and experienced players in the squad and we are very optimistic. Watch out for the names of Mason, Noone and Kim Bo Jyung in dispatches. Between them they destroyed Burnleyon Saturday when we were without such players as Bellamy, Maynard, Smith and Mutch. We have such quantity and quality in the squad we sometimes think we're dreaming. By the way I know that many on this Board don't like Bellamy(Under statement) but another incident that shows what sort of guy he is. As you may have read or seen on TV there was an incident in Cardiif last week when a maniac ran down people including children across Cardiff killling one mother. At our game against Watford a bucket collection was held for the benifit of her children. It raised over £4,000. Bellas put his hand in his pocket and matched the sum and with a donation from the club the amount raised on the night rose to £10,000. But back to football I honestly think that with a new manager and coaching staff at your club will see you right.
frostynz wrote:Hi Haydn,

You are always most welcome on this site, I always enjoy reading your posts. Is this finally Cardiffs year or not? :wink:

There are many of us on this site who although Town is our first passion, follow other teams. In my case due to some family ties, I always check to see how Cheltenham are doing (although its usually just a quick glance through the results).

Thanks for your kind words regarding our current plight.

Cheers Dave

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:44 am

mdtractorboy wrote:I'm Patrick and I've been a tractor boy since the mid 70's.

We lived in the US in the late 70/80's near Detroit when the NASL was at it's peak. The Detroit Express had Alan Brazil and Roger Osborne on the squad so I was a happy fan. ITFC came over and played a friendly match but unfortunately my hero Paul Cooper wasn't playing.

Before moving back to the UK in the mid 80's I came over for a few training camps held just outside Ipswich. I met Mick Lambert (a very nice bloke) and Terry Butcher showed up for a couple of hours.

The last camp I went to I finally got to meet Paul Cooper (always been a keeper). He arranged a penalty kick competition against all the keepers. I was kitted out in my home made graphics Pioneer logo keepers shirt (this was way before you could buy them). He saved all of our shots and I was the only one to come close to saving his. I dove left and got my fist to it but it bounced off the crossbar and in.

I'm back in the US again now and I follow the team as much as I can from here. Hopefully they'll return to some decent form soon.
Hi Patrick, welcome to the forums buddy. It's funny how people from overseas come to support Ipswich, they are always interesting stories.

Like me, you are probably a bit starved where you are at getting to see snippets of town playing (although we may count this as a bit of a blessing at present :wink: ). I have always found this site and the people on it very friendly and welcoming to supporters from overseas and I am sure you will too.

Cheers Dave

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:52 am

Dazzz67 wrote:Thought about this first and shall I shan't I, bugger it lets give it a try.

Im Daz, 44, originally from Tiptree now living in Swindon (ex-forces and travelled around), supported Town since Primary school days (77/78). Brother & dad were Man Utd, thought id go for a local team!

Still remember watching the 78' final on TV, leapt of the sofa when we scored, did I have a sore throat after that game or what. Dont get to many games at all really to be honest, combination of distance and money (root of all evil), should try harder really, like being back at school!

Cant say I really have a favourite player, Mariner, Mills, Thijssen, Muhren (Dutch lads were fantastic!), and more recently Stewart and young Matty Holland, now he would be a great No.2 at Town.

Feel free to drop me a line anytime, I dont bite just grumble a bit lol. Cheers!

Thanks for posting Daz, I reckon at a push I could have guessed your name, intuiative b*stard that I am! :lol:

The great thing about the 78' final was that I remember being woken (and I stand corrected here) at about 4:00am Sunday NZ time to watch it on telly and I remember having 'mouse traps' (cheese on toast for the un-initiated) at halftime.

Adz C

Post by Adz C » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:04 am

Hi folks. This is a kind of re-introduction from me. Used to post on this site a few years ago and remembered it the other day, working a night shift now so will hopefully help get me through the night!

I'm 25, originally from the Cambridgeshire area and have since my absence moved out to Valencia in Spain so my games have been few and far between since about 2009, used to see them about 5 to 10 time a season.

So, its good to be back!

mdtractorboy

Post by mdtractorboy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

When I moved over to the US again in 2000, we had gone back to the prem league. I got to watch one match over here (which we one) but most of the time I'd listen via the internet. Unfortunately some bright spark figured out you could make money from live commentary and they started charging for the pleasure.

I remember the FA cup final. It was about the only time back then when you could see footy on the telly. I remember calling my grandad up to rub it in as he was a arsenal lifer. Can't remember what I ate though :)

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:57 pm

Welcome to everyone that's recently joined or come back.

Sorry for the blanket message but I've been busy recently and thought it was easier to cover everyone. Lazy b*stard I know.

Feel free to join in any of the topics or competitions which are open to everyone. If you have any questions, please drop one of the admin a message

jenoveve_8

Post by jenoveve_8 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:09 am

Hi ..i am Jenny ,43 years old and married to Dougie (superchef ) for 3 years... and i live in Marchwood near Southampton.
I have been supporting Ipswich since i met Doug in 2003 and have been to a handfull of games ..first one i think was at home against Shef Wed.
To be honest ...i am actually a Chelsea fan but its still a Blue colour!!!! lol

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Oh , I am so sorry to hear about your marriage to Chefy :(

Nah, just kidding, great to see you on the forum Jenny! :D

jenoveve_8

Post by jenoveve_8 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:29 pm

frostynz wrote:Oh , I am so sorry to hear about your marriage to Chefy :(

Nah, just kidding, great to see you on the forum Jenny! :D

lmao Frosty...only thing about being married to Chefy is the DO NOT DISTURB sign when he is doing the scoring on a Saturday lol

HornchurchBlue1

Post by HornchurchBlue1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi,

Am new on here. I'm 35 years old, so getting old. Have been a Town fan all my life as my dad and his family are from Ipswich. I Live in Hornchurch in Essex. Afraid not many Town fans where i'm from, mostly Hammers, Spurs and Arsenal fans. I work in Canary Wharf and am currently taking my Accountancy Exams to become fully qualified.

HornchurchBlue1

Post by HornchurchBlue1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:13 pm

HornchurchBlue1 wrote:Hi,

Am new on here. I'm 35 years old, so getting old. Have been a Town fan all my life as my dad and his family are from Ipswich. I Live in Hornchurch in Essex. Afraid not many Town fans where i'm from, mostly Hammers, Spurs and Arsenal fans. I work in Canary Wharf and am currently taking my Accountancy Exams to become fully qualified.
Forgot to mention used to be Town season ticket holder for a number of years but am not now i'm afraid. With my studies and I play Tennis alot, just dont get the time anymore, so only go to a Town game maybe once a month now.