NFL Time!!!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Ohiotractorboy

Re: NFL Time!!!

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:33 pm

31-10, Browns acting like a real team. Not putting them in playoffs yet though. Need another vid!

Lions getting the job done Marko, they are holding on.

And the Dophins, ugh. Last play woes continue to raise its ugly head.

Cowboys are better than I expected 9, they are playing really well.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:31-10, Browns acting like a real team. Not putting them in playoffs yet though. Need another vid!

Lions getting the job done Marko, they are holding on.

And the Dophins, ugh. Last play woes continue to raise its ugly head.

Cowboys are better than I expected 9, they are playing really well.
Yes Ohio, the Cowboys are better than I expected. Marinelli has done wonders with the young defense, and Demarcus Murray has solidified the running game. I hope it continues. Man, was I wrong about Seattle!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:09 pm

J4ck22 wrote:God damn you Vikings...
Aw, no freaking way, J4CK...... You're not a Viqueens fan?! Shocking news!

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:28 am

Whoa marko!!! What a game!!

Give me a full report, how was the game and crowd? Is the NFL catching on? Are you hungover?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:57 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:Whoa marko!!! What a game!!

Give me a full report, how was the game and crowd? Is the NFL catching on? Are you hungover?
So sorry to disappoint, Ohio. I got an offer on my ticket that I couldn't refuse. I got an offer on the entire weekend, train tickets, game ticket, hotel etc etc....., so a buddy went to the game with his wife.
I recorded it though and since watched it......, Got to be honest, was great, but I kind of think it was all rigged. ......, 21-0 HT......., 21-22 FT......., Hmmmmm, I don't know. Were they making sure the London game was "awesome"!?

Would you like a Hibs v Jambofuckers report? Ok......, here it is:

DIE JAMBOFKRS, DIE!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:34 pm

Dallas Cowboys will be playing at Wembley in a couple weeks. A colleague of mine will be traveling with the team. Does anyone have any recommendations for 'safe' pubs or 'economical' restaurants? Thanks!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:43 pm

number 9 wrote:Dallas Cowboys will be playing at Wembley in a couple weeks. A colleague of mine will be traveling with the team. Does anyone have any recommendations for 'safe' pubs or 'economical' restaurants? Thanks!
I will ask my buddy for some names of good places around the Wemberley area, 9.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:50 pm

marko69 wrote:
number 9 wrote:Dallas Cowboys will be playing at Wembley in a couple weeks. A colleague of mine will be traveling with the team. Does anyone have any recommendations for 'safe' pubs or 'economical' restaurants? Thanks!
Brilliant, thanks Marko!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:27 pm

number 9 wrote:
marko69 wrote:
Brilliant, thanks Marko!
Ok, 9......, I'll copy and paste his text:

Was at the "Green Man", (was full of Lions fans), "Watkins Folly" modern interior but ok. Metropolis - packed and "Moore Spice 1966" Quick service downstairs. Green Man probably best for atmosphere, but big queues outside, but we were quickly served inside. Restaurant wise there is a new shopping centre there with about 15 restaurants in it.
http://www.london-designer-outlet.co...ry#restaurants
there are stalls there as well as plenty of places (Curry Houses/Fish and Chips) around.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:30 pm

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:43 pm

The green man is a fair shout, as is the Wetherspoon on the main high street. You shouldn't have to worry about finding a "safe" pub, none of them have any atmosphere for anything other than football. You'll find all the pubs will cater for numerous fans and all jerseys will mingle with each other around the ground.

Have a great day, it's a brilliant experience.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:20 pm

The Browns are in first place in their division, the first time in 19 years. :shock:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:The Browns are in first place in their division, the first time in 19 years. :shock:
First place without Johnny Football!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:50 pm

7-2 Lions! Happy days.

And returning to London next year @ Kansas City Chiefs. Will definitely make it to that game. Even the wife said, "You can't miss TWO lions games at Wembley!" She's actually booking hotels etc now! She just wants to be surrounded by big, muscley NFL guys!

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:58 am

marko69 wrote:7-2 Lions! Happy days.

And returning to London next year @ Kansas City Chiefs. Will definitely make it to that game. Even the wife said, "You can't miss TWO lions games at Wembley!" She's actually booking hotels etc now! She just wants to be surrounded by big, muscley NFL guys!

Dont we all marko?

Good woman there! You better not miss two in a row, or you might be banned from this thread...just sayin'. The Lions are looking really good at his point.

Number 9, at this point I hope the Browns trade Johnny. I didnt like the pick when they made it, I could tell Hoyer could handle it. Hope they sign him soon, myself. Meanwhile, the Boys are looking strong. Surprises all around at this point!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Early game for us tonight is the Colts @ Browns, ohio. Hoping the Browns win, but it won't be easy.

Later game, Seahawks @ Eagles...... Looking fwd to that one.

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:34 pm

I've not managed to catch much nfl this season, kind of like the Niners receivers I guess. I'm all over the Seattle Philly game though. Eagles are playing with some pace tonight.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:44 pm

marko69 wrote:Early game for us tonight is the Colts @ Browns, ohio. Hoping the Browns win, but it won't be easy.

Browns D did everything they could to win that game, offense was horrendous. Johnny Football in this weekend.

Not sure what is going on with Niners, Don. Harbaugh is gone at the end of this year it seems.

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:52 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:
marko69 wrote:Early game for us tonight is the Colts @ Browns, ohio. Hoping the Browns win, but it won't be easy.

Browns D did everything they could to win that game, offense was horrendous. Johnny Football in this weekend.

Not sure what is going on with Niners, Don. Harbaugh is gone at the end of this year it seems.
Ok, my view is this, and it may be total bollocks as I haven't seen much of them this season. We have been totally screwed with injuries this year. Bowman, Willis, Gore, Iupati, Crabtree, Davis, Smith (both of) and that's just the ones I can remember. They are the main bulk of the side and we have been found out on way too many occasions. In the previous three seasons we've managed to contain who we lose each week, but this year it's all gone to pot and we've been battered.

Moving on from that as it sounds like im looking for a scapegoat, lets talk offence and more specifically, Kaepernick.

First and foremost, he has been found out. He is a not a pocket passer. He can throw a ball, he can't pass. He's never been able to. What we had been doing before was giving him the cover in order to run when an obvious pass wasn't an option. Now first of all teams are now wise to this. Kaepernick can't counter it as he's so wayward when it comes to passing and gets picked. Constantly. Secondly, for whatever reason, and you can blame either Harbaugh or Roman for this, he never runs. Never. Why on earth, when he's been shown to be a running QB, would you force him to become a pocket passer? He's incapable. I don't have the figures to hand, but i'm sure he's been sacked more than most other QB's this year. The defensive line is weak due to the ongoing injury issues and Kaep wants 3 minutes on the ball. It's not going to happen.

Moving on to Harbaugh and its been rumoured for weeks. Jed York came out not long ago and publically backed him (an English vote of confidence?) There are obviously issues somewhere, maybe Jim isn't getting the support he feels he should. To be fair to him, he's been here three years, we've been to the Championship game 2 times and the superbowl once. One bad season and he's being called out? I think it's harsh, but now we've lost to the Raiders (the f**king raiders :shock: ) I don't know anymore.

I'm just happy to get the season out of the way.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:45 pm

NFC EAST CHAMPS! Go Cowboys!

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:27 pm

'Boys looking really good. Can easily get to the Super Bowl, feel they need to beat Seattle to do so.

Don, your Niners are at a real crossroads it seems. Harbaugh is definately done, they need a coach who can massage the egos there to get the talent working together again.

My Browns need to flog Manziel, and go from there.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:'Boys looking really good. Can easily get to the Super Bowl, feel they need to beat Seattle to do so.

Don, your Niners are at a real crossroads it seems. Harbaugh is definately done, they need a coach who can massage the egos there to get the talent working together again.

My Browns need to flog Manziel, and go from there.
I'd be surprised if 'them boys' went to the SB, to be honest. This season's been a nice change though...from the usual 8&8 season!

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:02 am

Harbaugh bows outs, after conveniently his 49th win.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Tough game in Week 1 of Play-offs for Lions @ your Cowboys, 9.

No one really giving them a sniff of hope. Staffords record on the road against better teams is just absolute sh*t. It'll be the usual "one & done" scenario. If I'm wrong on that, Hell will have frozen over.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:22 pm

marko69 wrote:Tough game in Week 1 of Play-offs for Lions @ your Cowboys, 9.

No one really giving them a sniff of hope. Staffords record on the road against better teams is just absolute sh*t. It'll be the usual "one & done" scenario. If I'm wrong on that, Hell will have frozen over.
Yeah should be a good game though. The Lions have a strong defense. The Cowboys seem to be peaking at the right time.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:40 pm

The Don wrote:Harbaugh bows outs, after conveniently his 49th win.
Looks like he's heading back to the college scene with his old friends, UofM.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:44 pm

number 9 wrote:
marko69 wrote:Tough game in Week 1 of Play-offs for Lions @ your Cowboys, 9.

Yeah should be a good game though. The Lions have a strong defense. The Cowboys seem to be peaking at the right time.
I'm not fully convinced that the NFL is actually real, 9. Just this season alone I've seen a hell of a lot of really dodgy refereeing......, and that's with "the booth"! I just don't think the Lions, however well they play, (especially defence), will get the breaks on the day. The NFL prefer Dallas.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:36 pm

marko69 wrote:
The Don wrote:Harbaugh bows outs, after conveniently his 49th win.
Looks like he's heading back to the college scene with his old friends, UofM.

So, Hairball wants to return to scUM huh? Good. Got tired of Ohio State smacking around a defenseless Meatchicken team, be even sweeter beating a Hairball lead team like a drum.

Surprised Niners were so quick to let him go. Not sure what they are going to go to now.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Think the Boys beat the Lions this week.

Manziel and Gordon need to be launched about two miles into Lake Erie with weights tied around their necks. Sort of a motivational thing. If they swim back to shore, they stay on the team. If they dont, they are cut.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Let's give it to the Packers already, you know it makes sense. :)