Jonas

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Jonas

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Looks like he will be offered a new contract as PL seems happy with him and ME will discuss it with him, (I know Mike your not a fan of his and I respect your judgement ) but I think he is a useful player who has improved and how much would a replacement cost? Maybe in time Kenlock will prove better time will tell, after Creswell and Mings it's a hard position to fill. ⚽

number 9

Re: Jonas

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:01 pm

I bet Jonas will turn a new contract down. I don't think he wants to be here anymore, and I'm fine with him leaving tbh.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:46 pm

im not too fussed either way to be honest. My guess is we will offer him something but it wont be anything big. The other side of it is that he probably is a player we could sell if we wanted to so you might argue letting him go on a free seems a bit silly. So we could sign up him and at some point in the next year or so (if we get an adequate replacement or Kenlock gains that place) then we can sell him to someone else.

Up to PL what he wants to do with this one. Maybe Knudsen wants to leave anyway, who knows. But from PL point of view im sure hes conscious he wants to sound like hes on each of the players sides and is being careful not to alienate anyone, Hurst did that to some extent with a few players and PL knows that didn't work out.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Knudsen might look at this and think.... I could be a League 1 player next year..... I’m an international and a free agent in the summer..... which makes him attractive for other clubs. I can’t see ME giving him a decent contract because we might go down.

I think he’ll be gone in January or the summer.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Hope he goes, I don't rate him at all and with an adequate replacement we would not miss him one bit, dreadful Left back, OK Center Back, time and time again he gets caught upfield an ambles back at a snails pace,, his passing is poor, he lumps it more than any other player, as soon as he crosses the half way line he stops and doubles back to make a safe and boring sideways pass or worse still backwards to a fellow defender, his throw in's are a joke which more often that not put us under pressure and to cap it all he actually believes he is good !! Please turn it down if offered a contract.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:18 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:11 pm
Hope he goes, I don't rate him at all and with an adequate replacement we would not miss him one bit, dreadful Left back, OK Center Back, time and time again he gets caught upfield an ambles back at a snails pace,, his passing is poor, he lumps it more than any other player, as soon as he crosses the half way line he stops and doubles back to make a safe and boring sideways pass or worse still backwards to a fellow defender, his throw in's are a joke which more often that not put us under pressure and to cap it all he actually believes he is good !! Please turn it down if offered a contract.
Dont worry if he gets sniff of another club he will be gone in a shot. He thinks he is actually better than he is. :shock:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:07 am

I'll just go and get my arse to the Waverley Station now. Train to Peterborough. Connecting train to Ipswich. Walk to Portman Road and hold the door open for the useless git.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:15 am

marko69 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:07 am
I'll just go and get my arse to the Waverley Station now. Train to Peterborough. Connecting train to Ipswich. Walk to Portman Road and hold the door open for the useless git.
So what are you saying ?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:46 am

Marko is Town’s new left back , weyhey !!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:46 am

Marko is Town’s new left back , weyhey !!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Can't play Two Left Backs !!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:02 pm
Can't play Two Left Backs !!
We’ve had 4 centre backs across the back 4 before.... so 2 LB’s shouldn’t be a problem. :)

Side point. PL has said that he sees Donacien as a CB only. Looks like Spence has a free run at RB. Lucky boy .. a position we’ve never sorted out for years. Don’t think Spence is the answer though. Looks like Donacien is the back up CB which puts Toto down the pecking order.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:21 pm

Disagree with Lambert on this, Donacien looks a very solid LB to me, better than Spence defensively but probably not as effective going forward. TBH I think Toto had some decent games earlier in the season, Nolan is the one that I think is rubbish.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:02 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:21 pm
Disagree with Lambert on this, Donacien looks a very solid LB to me, better than Spence defensively but probably not as effective going forward. TBH I think Toto had some decent games earlier in the season, Nolan is the one that I think is rubbish.
Those 2 players Donacien & Spence are Right Backs surely? Not Left Backs? :?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:40 pm

They’re RB’s. Show Mike some slack :)

Think Lambert will be looking at a RB come Jan.... bit threadbare there. Unless Emanuell comes back into the picture.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Yes they are, I was just referring to the bit where Lambert thinks Donacien is better at CB, thought he'd done well at RB tbh.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:58 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ng-knudsen If he wants a lift to the airport or the ferry terminal, I will take him.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Sounds like Lambert wants to give him a contract.

I don’t see Knudsen to be the one to dig us out of a hole. Can’t see him also wanting to stick around in League 1 if we’re relegated.

Offload for some kind of fee and bring in a sound LB. It’s up to Kenlock now to start fighting for a place as well.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Just come across an article in some football site about Knudsen.

See the verdict below.... biggest pile of rubbish wrote about him ...”one of the rare bright sparks” and if they lose Knudsen their relegation “may as well be all but confirmed”.

I don’t think the writer, a certain Jacob Potter, has ever watched him play.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/worry ... rs-future/

The Verdict:

This just adds a further blow to an already awful start to the season for Ipswich.

Knudsen has been one of the rare bright sparks this season for Paul Lambert’s side and with his contract expiring in the summer, they are faced with the prospect of losing the defender for a minimal fee.

Ipswich are already in deep trouble this season and if they are to lose Knuden before the summer, then their relegation may as well be all but confirmed.”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:50 pm

Outsiders need to stfu, the possibility of him departing is the first bit of good news in a abyss of doom and gloom. Please just bugger off and take that hopeless goalkeeper with you !!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:56 pm

Think that was written by Pot Smokin Potter. That’ll explain it.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:56 pm

I think the writer, Jacob Potter, knows fuckall about football

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Think the bloke behind me at the Bristol City game said it all when he said “is it possible that Knudsen is worse than Graham Harbey”.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:50 pm
Outsiders need to stfu, the possibility of him departing is the first bit of good news in a abyss of doom and gloom. Please just bugger off and take that hopeless goalkeeper with you !!
Mike
I will never forget his performance at Newcastle a couple of years ago when McCarthy substituted him at half-time.
His positional sense that day was probably the worst I have ever seen from a defender.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Here’s the thing... and not trying to be a knumbskull... why is he appreciated by all managers?

His distribution is terrible ... he gets out of position so often.... he passes back when unnecessary... he can’t cross ( his floaty ball meant for for a 6 ft 4 “ striker we don’t have).

I thought Kenlock was ok when he deputised. Better going forward at least. He got criticised big time by Mick by being soft on a challenge and then dumped, when Knudsen has done far worse.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:57 pm
Think the bloke behind me at the Bristol City game said it all when he said “is it possible that Knudsen is worse than Graham Harbey”.
Is that possible lol

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:29 pm

It's a devastating blow to Ipswich supporters :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:15 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:50 pm
Mike
I will never forget his performance at Newcastle a couple of years ago when McCarthy substituted him at half-time.
His positional sense that day was probably the worst I have ever seen from a defender.
Same here mate, all over the f**king place in the first 2 minutes and we concede a goal, game over.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 pm
Here’s the thing... and not trying to be a knumbskull... why is he appreciated by all managers?

His distribution is terrible ... he gets out of position so often.... he passes back when unnecessary... he can’t cross ( his floaty ball meant for for a 6 ft 4 “ striker we don’t have).

I thought Kenlock was ok when he deputised. Better going forward at least. He got criticised big time by Mick by being soft on a challenge and then dumped, when Knudsen has done far worse.
Cus they're all numbskulls

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:38 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Cus they're all numbskulls
And so are you?