Stanley

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Domhide

Stanley

Post by Domhide » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:30 pm

If we lose again in the FA Cup, then the players as well as the management team should not be allowed back on the bus.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Stanley

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:18 pm

Stop talking f**king nonsense

Domhide

Post by Domhide » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:55 pm

Which part is nonsense?
Brian Clough did it so why are you in denial. To spell out my meaning- the temptation may be to play a weak team at Stanley - that would be a huge mistake and a missed opportunity to build confidence. But what do I know?

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:04 pm

Premier teams lose to league 1 sides in this competition..... really don’t think this fixture against AS warrants the great importance that its been given.

We got a win over Wigan and that didn’t create a run of results either.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:10 pm

Perhaps a 'weakened ' team would be a winning team.

Given the 1st string can't win for toffee perhaps it's about time the perceived also rans were given a go.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:27 pm

Still want us to win this game.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:34 pm

There is over 1000 of us going at a fair bit of expense, I dont expect a manager who said he would take it seriously to take the p*ss

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:50 pm

I think I recall Lambert saying he would take the Cup seriously as play his strongest team . So he will .

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:42 pm

I want to win it (again). Not just the third round, but the whole damn competition. Supposed to be the 'greatest cup knockout competition in the world', although past names the caliber of Pele, Paolo Rossi and Gerd Muller would beg to differ.

Already given up on it though to all intents and purposes. If an elimination comes to pass in a week or so then I'll be ready for it - so will a great many others within the fanbase you can only imagine.

For one thing the opposition will acknowledge we're a team struggling, shall be better organized and perhaps above all else, they got nothing to lose. I'd expect them to get at us early and trouble the suspect defense we possess. Our "recent" record in the competition is basically sub-standard, and that includes exits to lower league opposition on more than one occasion. You got to understand all emphasis in on league endeavors now - we've a full time job in the weeks ahead to retain league status, I wouldn't expect the FA Cup to take on any great significance.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:28 am

Accrington Stanley have lost three of their last four home games, the most recent a 0-4 defeat v Peterborough United. If we can’t win at The Crown Ground we really will struggle in League One.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:19 am

saint jude wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:42 pm
I want to win it (again). Not just the third round, but the whole damn competition. Supposed to be the 'greatest cup knockout competition in the world', although past names the caliber of Pele, Paolo Rossi and Gerd Muller would beg to differ.

Already given up on it though to all intents and purposes. If an elimination comes to pass in a week or so then I'll be ready for it - so will a great many others within the fanbase you can only imagine.

For one thing the opposition will acknowledge we're a team struggling, shall be better organized and perhaps above all else, they got nothing to lose. I'd expect them to get at us early and trouble the suspect defense we possess. Our "recent" record in the competition is basically sub-standard, and that includes exits to lower league opposition on more than one occasion. You got to understand all emphasis in on league endeavors now - we've a full time job in the weeks ahead to retain league status, I wouldn't expect the FA Cup to take on any great significance.
Your avatars are often very 'inspirational' SJ :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Except the Celtic pish!

Domhide

Post by Domhide » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:53 pm

We we missed the boat again