Jonas to Boro?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Jonas to Boro?

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:14 pm

https://the72.co.uk/122138/middlesbroug ... exit-door/

Hard to believe but would be very good business for Town but surely nowhere near that fee.⚽

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Jonas to Boro?

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:41 pm

Good news, I think that's meant to read £1.50.

All joking aside I thought we may get 500k so anything over that is good business in my book.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:59 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:41 pm
Good news, I think that's meant to read £1.50.

All joking aside I thought we may get 500k so anything over that is good business in my book.
Iol I bet you would take the £1.50, now we have cover anything we get is good business as he could just sit out his contact, the one good thing about Jonas I'm sure he did his best and was a true Blue.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:31 am

You just watch.... he will now go on and become the greatest left back in the Championship.... just our luck lol

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:41 am

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:31 am
You just watch.... he will now go on and become the greatest left back in the Championship.... just our luck lol
No. He really won’t.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 am

:mrgreen:

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:50 am

I've said before that I think the full back position is one of the hardest in the modern game. Precious few are good defensively AND get forward well. If they push up and someone loses possession they look idiots unless someone has dropped in to cover.

I don't think JK is a great player but I think some of the criticism is a bit over the top. He started badly when first signed but has improved a lot since then. We have been fairly critical of most of our full backs in recent years which I think is more a reflection of the complexity of the role and dependence on support from team mates than their inadequacy.
As someone said above he always gives 100% and I wish him well wherever he ends up.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:57 am

I probably am over critical. I’ll rephrase my criticism........, he’s absolutely f**king sh*te when on SKYTV. Arguably the worst left back I’ve ever witnessed and I’ve witnessed quite a lot. But he might be better in the other games. I doubt it, but he might.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:56 am

I must admit I find him woeful at best, a headless chicken, Andy makes a point that the Fullback position is the hardest and yet look at how our wonderful fans treated Chambers when he was forced to play there for Two seasons, no compassion for him whatsoever.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Andym wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:50 am
I've said before that I think the full back position is one of the hardest in the modern game. Precious few are good defensively AND get forward well. If they push up and someone loses possession they look idiots unless someone has dropped in to cover.

I don't think JK is a great player but I think some of the criticism is a bit over the top. He started badly when first signed but has improved a lot since then. We have been fairly critical of most of our full backs in recent years which I think is more a reflection of the complexity of the role and dependence on support from team mates than their inadequacy.
As someone said above he always gives 100% and I wish him well wherever he ends up.
Well in that case then Andy, Miles Kenlock is a bit of a “find” so far. He gets forward very well AND positionally is notably better than Mr Knudsen . He also appears far closer to his opponent , getting in tackles etc .
Not bad for a kid that has hardly a sniff of first team football . I’m not say he is the answer, but it refreshing watching him apply himself to his role so well.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Based on the last Two games Kenlock is the answer.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:33 pm

Surprised we haven't got to pay another club to take him off our hands

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:12 pm
Andym wrote:

Well in that case then Andy, Miles Kenlock is a bit of a “find” so far. He gets forward very well AND positionally is notably better than Mr Knudsen . He also appears far closer to his opponent , getting in tackles etc .
Not bad for a kid that has hardly a sniff of first team football . I’m not say he is the answer, but it refreshing watching him apply himself to his role so well.
I'm still not convinced long term, in fact he and Knudsen are the opposite sides of the argument to my mind. Kenlock is far better and more dangerous going forward. I.would trust Knudsen over Kenlock defensively. But I'm in a minority on that score so I'm probably wrong.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:44 pm

Andym wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm
.....I would trust Knudsen over Kenlock defensively.....
I trust your knowledge, Andy. And if you are serious with that ^ ^ ^ ^ , then note to Lambo; keep Kenlock the hell away from the defence.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:31 pm

Give him away please.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:18 pm
Based on the last Two games Kenlock is the answer.
Based pretty much on every game hes played. Cant for the life of me understand why MM, PH and PL have been playing knudson. If another LB comes in and demotes kenlock to the bench i think the lad should stick 2 fingers up to town and move on. Knudson wont do anything elsewhere but im sure kenlock would do well and we would regret another youngster leaving PR.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:47 pm

Andym wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:12 pm
Andym wrote:

I'm still not convinced long term, in fact he and Knudsen are the opposite sides of the argument to my mind. Kenlock is far better and more dangerous going forward. I.would trust Knudsen over Kenlock defensively. But I'm in a minority on that score so I'm probably wrong.
Knudson cannot defend at all imo. Runs around looking busy but does f*ck all. Cant cross, long throw ins?? Where are they, allows crosses into town box 9 out of 10 times and is always off pace. He must have been sorrounded by superstars at his last club to make it into his national squad.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:18 pm

It will be interesting to see if he is in the 18 on Saturday now we have Elder.⚽

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:39 pm

I don’t we shall be see8ng Knudsen again.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:17 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:39 pm
I don’t we shall be see8ng Knudsen again.
Ole ole ole ole, that has brightened my day.