January Transfer rumours

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: January Transfer rumours

Post by Frosty » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:31 pm

charlton837 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:57 pm
to put this into context, we are in the worst position any team has ever been in the Championship since its rebrand. Only one team has ever stayed up with less than 21 points at the 25 match mark, I believe they had about 18, possibly 19. We have 15 points after 26 games. In fact only a handful of teams have survived with 21 points after 25 games so I think we are kidding ourselves if we really feel we are getting out of this.

I look at the signings we are making and think the club is planning for League 1 next year, a defender from Leicester who hasn't got a single appearance but sounds like hes not too bad, won League 1 with Wigan. Add to that Will Keane who has got a terrible goal record for a striker but is out of contract with Hull at the end of the season, hasn't cut it in the Championship but perhaps could be a bit better in League 1. I think we are taking a look at him and seeing if we think he could fit the bill next year.

Had we have been within touching distance of the teams above I think Evans may have taken some bigger risks and tried to pay decent money for short term deals for the likes of Gestede etc. who have done it in this league and tried all we can to keep us up. The club cant come out and say publically we are down but equally I think we would be foolish to not be thinking it internally and thinking ahead with one eye on next season. We still have to fight to get out of it but the odds are well and truly stacked against us, it would take a miracle to stay up.

I wasn’t aware of the stats Charlton, so that puts the challenge into perspective.

I agree that we are gearing up for League 1 next season, was thinking that yesterday

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:08 pm

A vision of the future.... This weeks classified Football results :-

Bradford city 4 Ipswich Town 0

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:55 pm

Makes it even more certain that the club need new “richer” ownership.
You reckon Mevans, in the first week of January, thinks that Gestede is too risky? If that’s true, then it’s over.

You hit the nail on the head weeks ago with your post, Charlton talking about zero investment to Mick when ITFC sat in 2nd position @ Xmas. That was the owners moment. It’s gone now and it won’t ever return because it’s getting more difficult year on year.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:10 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:01 pm
https://twitter.com/Official_ITFC/statu ... 3286238208

Will Keane signs for Town. How it works out for him ..... and us.
Well our signings say everything we already know about Marcus Evans. Who picks these players?? Why why why get a striker who cant score for toffee to replace our strikers who cant score for toffee. What we need is a proven striker, not a 6 goals in 80 odd games. Pathetic itfc, get serious or get out. Just about sick of it all. Marcus evans expects us fans to fork out 35 pounds a game which most prem clubs are close to yet our investment into the club is more like league 1 or 2.
I dont buy into the marcus covers our losses either. The losses are there due to the mismanagement of itfc which is becoming more and more obvious. And where is mr evans?? Not a whisper from him . How many times lately have we heard from the itfc Public relations that us fans are needed?? Well maybe us fans need to hear from the people at the top, right from the horses mouth, not the media machine which treats us as idiots. We all laughed at delia half time rant of where are you, maybe we should do the same thing, aimed at the directors box.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:29 pm

We have been in front in games 13 times this season and won only 2. Decent cental defenders are what are require!!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:29 pm

A chance to get Gestede, and even though it's only for a short time, Evans bottles it on wages, he's responsible and that action is enough for me to see he has consigned us to relegation. Expect to see no interesting business this window. All I hope for now is losing Evans along with our championship status.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:39 pm

:roll: Well I'm still hoping upon hope we do start a winning run against Rotherham, but it is reliant on PL bringing in the players needed to get cracking, I suppose if we do get relegated and do really badly and get a second relegation to div 2, ME might just say f*ck it i'm off, hopefully

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:03 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:39 pm
:roll: Well I'm still hoping upon hope we do start a winning run against Rotherham, but it is reliant on PL bringing in the players needed to get cracking, I suppose if we do get relegated and do really badly and get a second relegation to div 2, ME might just say f*ck it i'm off, hopefully
I hope it doesn't require a fall into the bottom league of professional "football" for Evans to realize he's surplus at this club and takes off. Thoughts of playing League One are bad enough (you still maintain the situation is very much salvageable) but to fall through another is a nightmare scenario. Sure it could never come to such a thing.

Say again we're hardly an attractive proposition right now. What caliber of players can you feasibly expect to come in and rescue the situation. It's going to require substantial funding to put the club right - terms of expense that Evans won't invest in - so essentially we're looking at more loan deals and obscure names from perhaps lower league to aid a losing cause. Not being pessimistic, just been with it all long enough to understand how it works and what to expect.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:20 am

I heard yesterday that Lloyd Dyer is training with us, good player at one time but no youngster now.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:28 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:20 am
I heard yesterday that Lloyd Dyer is training with us, good player at one time but no youngster now.
Hes 36!!! Oh my days. What a shambles

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:17 pm

Don't even know who that is. May be 36 but if's he's reached that age and featured enough then why does he appear unrecognized (?). The biggest question being why the club would be interested in bringing in a name in the absolute twilight of their career to assist the situation.

Someone going with the idea of experience no doubt. Some would argue it's a bad move, how often would he be featured anyhow if and when he gets a chance of the starting line-up. Could be utilized so sparingly it hardly seems to warrant mention. Hope this isn't the direction the club takes for potential loan signings / permanents in the days and weeks ahead. Damn frustrating when you got an owner who possesses the finance and structure to improve the club and make it better but refuses to do so.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:32 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:20 am
[/quote

Sounds like that donkey with rickets,you mentioned earlier Mike :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:44 pm

PMSL

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:37 pm

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:37 pm
Striker and Goalkeeper linked

https://the72.co.uk/122543/ipswich-town ... oalkeeper/
This gets better, anotjer striker who cant hit a cows arse with a banjo, 54 games 3 goals . Beam me up scotty. :astroll:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Interesting that a goalkeeper is potentially being sort after though isn’t it. That says everything about the two keepers we currently have.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 pm

Still smacks of ME tight purse strings, mind you the GK is a good younger keeper, with plenty of potential, we are in need of new blood, also if PL states a mass clear-out, then please Paul don't play the ones your getting shod of, especially Spence, just bite the bullet and play the remainder until you have adequate new incoming players, you have adequate squad players chomping at the bit for a game, just sort out the duds hand them the P45's and just say go, find another club.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:21 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 pm
K L Blue wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:37 pm
Striker and Goalkeeper linked

https://the72.co.uk/122543/ipswich-town ... oalkeeper/
This gets better, anotjer striker who cant hit a cows arse with a banjo, 54 games 3 goals . Beam me up scotty. :astroll:
I agree , but what striker worth his salt would come here? We really are on,y going to get players who are not getting game time where they are. It’s a sad reality of the situation we are in. We can only pray that one of them finds form whilst with us. We desperately need goals

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:08 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:21 pm
I agree , but what striker worth his salt would come here?
Gestede by all accounts. Refusing that opportunity is the epitome of looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Every time there is a touch of hope, Evans slams that door shut, this club cannot succeed with that vision at the helm.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:09 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:28 pm
Interesting that a goalkeeper is potentially being sort after though isn’t it. That says everything about the two keepers we currently have.
Na, needs sorted now, Hallam! :D

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:56 pm

Darren Bent looking good in the Star Sixes tournament for England. Sign him up :mrgreen:

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:27 pm

mugen1 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:56 pm
Darren Bent looking good in the Star Sixes tournament for England. Sign him up :mrgreen:

If he was any good someone would have picked him up.

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:55 pm

The situation we are in I don't think we can be too choosy! Rather him than some of the other individuals we are being linked with.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:32 pm

Again, IF the club are relegated...... and money is too tight to mention, maybe have a punt on Pádraig Amond. He’ll be 31 by next August but the laddie knows where the net is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pádraig_Amond

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:14 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:32 pm
Again, IF the club are relegated...... and money is too tight to mention, maybe have a punt on Pádraig Amond. He’ll be 31 by next August but the laddie knows where the net is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pádraig_Amond
Money is too tight to mention, we are simply in the red.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:17 am

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:14 am
Money is too tight to mention, we are simply in the red
:lol: Very good. 👌

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:58 am

But surely without another new striker we are just
"Holding back the Sears" ??

verulam

Post by verulam » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:35 am

With some of the names mentioned so far we would be looking for them to be holding back the years if they are to make a serious contribution. .

verulam

Post by verulam » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:39 am

..................and to continue: I think you will find that Money's Too Tight To Mention even if it were deemed The Right Thing.
(first time in years that I've played Simply Red Greatest Hits!)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:17 pm

Did anyone sing “Holding back the Sears” out loud? :lol:

“I’ve wasted all thooooose......., sitters!”