January Transfer rumours

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: January Transfer rumours

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:20 pm

True story....... SEARS ago (I mean years ago) my bro and wife had tickets to see Simply Red at the Aberdeen SEC. His wife got the flu or something and couldn’t go. So I went. But the night before, I had been at Metallica at the Edinburgh Playhouse and suffering slight deafness. Must admit, that deafness helped in a room with Mick Hucknall and Co! Didn’t tell my bro that though.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:24 pm

You buggers!!!! I now have the ear worm...……

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... al-support

Is this PL telling ME that he will be off??? I don't see him getting the financial backing he would want, expect or need! I am seriously concerned that PL will walk

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:21 pm

He will walk for sure, and I can't help but think Lambert is being very clever here by paving the way to quit.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Quote from article Nicsreamer posted:
“What has gone on here in the past is not acceptable. There has got to be a lot of changes going forwards.
First things first, we need more bodies in as fast as possible. I have never had to rebuild a club or turn things around as much as I do here. But I know it can be done.”
End Quote.

I do wonder what Mevans must think when Lambo is basically telling him that he’s slowly burying the club.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:27 pm

This is what I was saying yesterday. PL is standing up to ME with an ultimatum. I can't see him staying..

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:05 pm

I cant see Lambert staying. Like others have suggested his latest comments to me are a very public message to ME that this is a big mess requiring serious intervention, hes suggesting he can turn it round with funds and backing. The only reason he would stay next season when relegated is if he was given the assurances hes after and I simply cant see Evans giving it to him.

The question for me is how long this lasts, will it be end of January if Evans really doesn't back him, will it be when relegation is absolutely nailed on (if you could argue its not already) or will it be the end of the season. Its difficult to say.

I think Lambert is being clever in this because he knows the public mood of Evans is not good, by making these comments he knows big pressure will fall on Evans, if he doesn't back Lambert and then the backlash could be unlike anything we have seen in Evans time in charge, if Lambert resigns before the season is out I can see some pretty horrendous times for the remainder of the season. Lets hope that doesn't happen.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:47 pm

I don't think PL will resign. I think he will go when offered something better, probably in the summer.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:38 pm

I like how lambert says this is the biggest rebuild he has had to do but he is capable of doing it with backing....However he failed at stoke with a team that was never a bottom 3 side and he had backing....doesn’t bode well.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm

I think he should back him financially, if he doesn't then ME can go, too long on the cheap, needs to show how much he loves this club and back him. This is bloody ITFC!!

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:51 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm
I think he should back him financially, if he doesn't then ME can go, too long on the cheap, needs to show how much he loves this club and back him. This is bloody ITFC!!
Where the hell have you been mate? ,,,,,,good to see you back.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 pm

Ipswich Town are closing in on the additions of attacking duo Collin Quaner and Anthony Pilkington from Premier League clubs Huddersfield Town and Cardiff City respectively.

Pilkington, 30, made just one league start for Cardiff when they were promoted to the Championship and hasn’t featured at all for Neil Warnock’s relegation-battling side this season.

The versatile nine-cap Republic of Ireland international – who can play wide or up top – did rack up more than 100 appearances in the second-tier for the Bluebirds prior to that though.

Blues boss Paul Lambert knows all about Pilkington’s qualities having signed him for Norwich City back in 2014. The Canaries paid £2m to secure him from Huddersfield Town and he was a regular as the Norfolk side twice secured mid-table Premier League finishes.

Pilkington is due to be out of contract at his Welsh employers this summer and it’s understood the Blues are keen on making this a permanent deal rather than filling up a valuable loan spot.

Championship clubs can name a maximum of five loan players in their matchday squads. Lambert already has Matthew Pennington (Everton) and Trevoh Chalobah (Chelsea) on temporary deals, recent January recruits Callum Elder (Leicester) and Will Keane (Hull) took that to four, while Quaner would become the fifth.

The 27-year-old German helped the Terriers to promotion in 2017, terrorising defences with his pace and power out wide following a mid-season switch from Union Berlin.

He’s found the transition to the Premier League tough and, after making 13 starts in the top-flight last season, has been limited to just two substitute appearances for the rock-bottom club this campaign.

The 6ft 3in winger has scored two goals in 30 starts and 25 sub appearances for David Wagner’s side.

Lambert said recently that he wants to strengthen ‘all areas’ of his ‘imbalanced’ squad and called upon owner Marcus Evans for ‘financial backing’ following Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at League One side Accrington Stanley in the FA Cup third round.

An experienced central midfielder is still very much on the shopping list.

The Blues head into Saturday’s home game with fourth-bottom Rotherham 10 points adrift of safety at the foot of the table.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Where is the talk of a new centre half? Until we are able to keep clean sheets it wont matter who is playing up front. We need replacements for Chambers and Spence fortunately Knudsen won't kick another ball.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Wasn't Carter-Vickers mentioned ? That needs to happen

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:30 pm

Cheers Frosty, I'm still alive but kept mouth shut as sometimes best lol. Hope you and all forum users are well.

I'm hating what's happening to our beloved club but have accepted what is likely to happen, think our owner needs to come forward and give PL some much needed help, if he then flops can't say he did nothing.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:15 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:30 pm
Cheers Frosty, I'm still alive but kept mouth shut as sometimes best lol. Hope you and all forum users are well.

I'm hating what's happening to our beloved club but have accepted what is likely to happen, think our owner needs to come forward and give PL some much needed help, if he then flops can't say he did nothing.

Don't be silly Daz, keep posting, we are always looking for scapegoats that we can try and demoralise! :wink: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:13 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 pm
Ipswich Town are closing in on the additions of attacking duo Collin Quaner and Anthony Pilkington from Premier League clubs Huddersfield Town and Cardiff City respectively.

Pilkington, 30, made just one league start for Cardiff when they were promoted to the Championship and hasn’t featured at all for Neil Warnock’s relegation-battling side this season.

The versatile nine-cap Republic of Ireland international – who can play wide or up top – did rack up more than 100 appearances in the second-tier for the Bluebirds prior to that though.

Blues boss Paul Lambert knows all about Pilkington’s qualities having signed him for Norwich City back in 2014. The Canaries paid £2m to secure him from Huddersfield Town and he was a regular as the Norfolk side twice secured mid-table Premier League finishes.

Pilkington is due to be out of contract at his Welsh employers this summer and it’s understood the Blues are keen on making this a permanent deal rather than filling up a valuable loan spot.

Championship clubs can name a maximum of five loan players in their matchday squads. Lambert already has Matthew Pennington (Everton) and Trevoh Chalobah (Chelsea) on temporary deals, recent January recruits Callum Elder (Leicester) and Will Keane (Hull) took that to four, while Quaner would become the fifth.

The 27-year-old German helped the Terriers to promotion in 2017, terrorising defences with his pace and power out wide following a mid-season switch from Union Berlin.

He’s found the transition to the Premier League tough and, after making 13 starts in the top-flight last season, has been limited to just two substitute appearances for the rock-bottom club this campaign.

The 6ft 3in winger has scored two goals in 30 starts and 25 sub appearances for David Wagner’s side.

Lambert said recently that he wants to strengthen ‘all areas’ of his ‘imbalanced’ squad and called upon owner Marcus Evans for ‘financial backing’ following Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at League One side Accrington Stanley in the FA Cup third round.

An experienced central midfielder is still very much on the shopping list.

The Blues head into Saturday’s home game with fourth-bottom Rotherham 10 points adrift of safety at the foot of the table.
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/town-set-t ... -1-5842970

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:57 am

Quaner doesn’t look too bad to me.....even if he’s not scored much for Terriers he demonstrates he has it in his game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7SC0LHpreKQ

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:05 pm

He certainly seems like a big strong unit! We are rather lightweight so I have high hopes he might do ok....

Maybe he can play in defence :lol:

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Yeah we need some of that please.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:43 pm

Will Emyr Huws ever play for us again? Now that man's got some quality.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:51 pm

Supposed to be in the squad for Saturday

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:55 pm

Wow that's good news,there is still some hope of us getting out of this mess. :D

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Magicmark wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:55 pm
Wow that's good news,there is still some hope of us getting out of this mess. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love your optimism!! But seriously, I cant see any chance

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:03 pm

You just need to start believing in them & that will shine through onto the players :D all this negative stuff is getting the plays down,bless their cotton socks.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:23 pm

There’s probably some truth in that .

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:10 pm

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:11 pm

I think there’s rumours that deal for Pilkington has broken down. Sod !

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:14 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:10 pm
https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/januar ... in-quaner/

Another striker in

How fitting would that be for him to score the winner against Rotherham on Saturday in
front of the Fortuna fans..

It is written on the cards..

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:17 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:11 pm
I think there’s rumours that deal for Pilkington has broken down. Sod !

Pilkington doesn't want to come on loan, he wants it to be a permanent deal.
So he know's he won't be rotated with the loan players