Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

And now for something different ......

Accrington Stanley Win
36%
Ipswich Town Win
43%
Replay
21%

Total votes: 14

arana peligrosa

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:05 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:39 pm
I forgot to say how the hell some of our fans can still clap the players coming off the pitch after the game when they have shown that attitude is beyond me.
Perhaps a hangover from the Lambert appointment. You know, some are still providing plaudits and adulation irrespective of how poor the team has collectively played. Sure as hell it wouldn't have occurred with McCarthy following the Lincoln debacle a year or two back. Can't recall the reaction when going out the League Cup with Hurst, did the team play well or even attempt that night ? Point being there will always be a section of the fanbase that acknowledges players effort never mind how poor or ineffective they have shown.

Interesting that our traveling number made up a good half of the attendance yesterday. Had to ascertain information that the opposition ground has a 5,000 capacity, lo and behold only around half that both home and away seemed to be in attendance. For what was arguably the home sides biggest encounter of the season thus far seems strange the number of empty seats that were to be had.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:40 pm

If we lose to Rotherham at our next home game, I think I’d be inclined to try a few of our U23 in the side along with the new “experience” coming in , they can do little worse than this shower of shyte pertaining to be the ITFC senior side, and they would start to gain valuable experience of the senior game. It’s got to start now .

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:27 pm

Time to drop Freddie Sears I'm afraid. He cost us 3 pts against Millwall and missed a sitter v Accrington

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:14 pm

Spot on

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:59 pm

It’s a strange one with Freddie. His previous 3 or 4 goals have been good clinical finishing from half chances....... but he misses sitters. He obviously needs those extra few seconds to think it through.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:12 am

It’s a shame we can’t play with the same heart and desire I just witnessed from the Newport County players this evening against Leicester City.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 am

What worried me was that Newport looked infinitely better than us and they are League Two

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:12 am
It’s a shame we can’t play with the same heart and desire I just witnessed from the Newport County players this evening against Leicester City.
Cracking game ! Newport deseved the win ,thought Leicester were going to win it when they got that late equaliser.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:07 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:27 pm
Time to drop Freddie Sears I'm afraid. He cost us 3 pts against Millwall and missed a sitter v Accrington
Unfortunately he's just not good enough,should of offloaded years ago.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:33 pm

Hes not good enough, in a team of not good enoughs, and hes our top scorer. What a dire situation to be in...… It would be laughable if its wasn't so tragic.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:36 pm

He's right you can't feasibly omit the player from future starting XI's. He's strictly average amid a team of mediocre players, that said he does provide the best chance of a goal. Other players brought in i.e. Harrison, Jackson and whoever else were supposed to contribute up front, haven't hit it off to any extent. Regrettably you got to accept that will be the teams downfall by end of season unless something radically changes.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:32 pm

saint jude wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:36 pm
He's right you can't feasibly omit the player from future starting XI's. He's strictly average amid a team of mediocre players, that said he does provide the best chance of a goal. Other players brought in i.e. Harrison, Jackson and whoever else were supposed to contribute up front, haven't hit it off to any extent. Regrettably you got to accept that will be the teams downfall by end of season unless something radically changes.
Obviously we need someone else in who knows where the net is,if Sears is frequently missing Sitters then he is more or a liability,we desperately need someone better.There are enough points left,we are not down yet.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:40 pm

For me missing sitters is as big a mistake as a defender mucking up for a goal

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Very true Mike and Sears has missed some real guilt edged chances over the past few games.

I feel there is so much uncertainty , speculation surround Town, the owner , the manager and players it’s hard to know what’s actually true / real at this Club anymore . The only thing that does appear an almost certainty is our relegation .

f*ck , what a horrible season this is.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:26 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:40 pm
For me missing sitters is as big a mistake as a defender mucking up for a goal
Confidence is such a big issue Mike, you now have a very good manager in Paul Lambert, get a bit of confidence back in the likes of Sears etc,and the Fans, then there's no reason the Town cant put together a run and get out of this mess. apart from that cup result you have been on top of the matches P.L has been in charge of, One good result which is due and see how things change,

this is where it all starts to change and bring some smiles back ...Ipswich Town v Rotherham United.... onwards and upwards ...Trust me I had a dream 8)

I see Rowett has been sacked by Stoke. another merry go round,

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:58 am

I hope you are right G&B, trouble is I said ages ago if Sears is your number one striker you are doomed and I stand by that, just the same if Spence is your number one RB or Edwards your best Wide man, I expected better from him. It isn't any one problem, it is a clusterfuck of gargantuan proportions which will only end one way now.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:58 am
I hope you are right G&B, trouble is I said ages ago if Sears is your number one striker you are doomed and I stand by that, just the same if Spence is your number one RB or Edwards your best Wide man, I expected better from him. It isn't any one problem, it is a clusterfuck of gargantuan proportions which will only end one way now.
you know as much as me that players, clubs, seem to have completely lost there way then something clicks and you wouldn't think their the same players, clubs etc, look at our player Leo Bonatini, up to Xmas when we were in the championship he was scoring every week, since then he can hardly get a goal and now cant even get a game,
Sears has always been a class player and its got to be down to confidence.

Anyway after this week all's going to be forgotten and the Town are on the way back. (there's a song there somewhere )
titled Paul has a dream.
if not there's a certain ex Man U manager now looking for a job.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:55 pm

This is where we differ because for me Sears has never ever been a class player.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:55 pm
This is where we differ because for me Sears has never ever been a class player.
I respect that Mike as you see him week in week out, but whenever I have seen him (although admit not for a while) he always seemed one of your better stable players.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:47 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:12 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:55 pm
I respect that Mike as you see him week in week out, but whenever I have seen him (although admit not for a while) he always seemed one of your better stable players.
Stable but not Class as mike said, how many chances has he missed this season...? A Class striker would have put those chances in the back of the net.