Next Seven games

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Next Seven games

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:40 am

After Rotherham today we could be seven points from safety at best, looking at our next Seven games compared to those of Rotherham do we really see any way out of this, I know for sure which set of fixtures I would sooner have and it ain't ours !

Town :-

Blackburn (A)
Villa (A)
Sheff Wed (H)
Norwich (A)
Derby (H)
Stoke (H)
Wigan (A)

Rotherham :-

Brentford (H)
Leeds (H)
Millwall (A)
Wigan (H)
Hull (A)
Sheff Wed (H)
Reading (A)

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Next Seven games

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Oh dear. Looking extremely ominous indeed.

Having said that, the only game that I would gamble three points for Rovveram is the Wigan home match.
So hopefully today can show PL, (and the fans) what the new revamped January Ipswich can do.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:06 pm

And having predicted that Rovveram will probably only win v Wigan, ..., Wigan go and hump Villa 3-0. Bonkers.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:38 am

Think I’d rather play teams in top half of table than those fighting relegation - as today’s game demonstrated , they are not for the feint
hearted!!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:55 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:40 am
After Rotherham today we could be seven points from safety at best, looking at our next Seven games compared to those of Rotherham do we really see any way out of this, I know for sure which set of fixtures I would sooner have and it ain't ours !

Town :-

Blackburn (A) tie
Villa (A) loss
Sheff Wed (H) tie
Norwich (A) WIN
Derby (H) lose
Stoke (H) WIN
Wigan (A) tie

Rotherham :-

Brentford (H)
Leeds (H)
Millwall (A)
Wigan (H)
Hull (A)
Sheff Wed (H)
Reading (A)
Only gave indication for ourselves, try not to get involved in other teams endeavors. You got to concentrate solely on your own objectives while hope that other scores are favorable along the way.

Say again believe a win at Norwich shall come to pass. What is it nine, ten years since a victory : one of those leagues where all things are possible. I got nine points from an available 21 : maybe it won't be enough to salvage the season and of course it's entirely hypothetical but sometimes you get good instincts about the way ahead.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:52 am

It does look as though Rotherham have an easier set of gamesix, and based on their performance yesterday I can see them picking up points.

But all games are winnable. As Saint says, we must really concentrate on what we do rather than anyone else. Realistically I reckon we need to pick up at least 10 - 12 points from those 7 games, maybe more.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:10 pm

I'm not sure but was it last February when it looked like we were going to get nothing because of the fixtures but we did very well and how many times in the past have Town not delivered when playing the bottom sides but have when against top half teams, trying to be optimistic.⚽

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:17 pm

You are indeed correct, we all said we wouldn't win a game when in fact we went unbeaten I think.