January Transfer rumours

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Re: January Transfer rumours

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:30 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:23 am
TRANSFER UPDATE: The deal for Alan Judge is near enough done, once again just waiting for official confirmation from the club.
Good news and a good signing a better one than Pilkington IMO.
I've just seen he is not at Portman Road this afternoon and talks are still ongoing.😞

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:45 pm

It seems he is not at Portman Road today and talks are still ongoing.😖

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Yeah me too, another load of bullshit from TWTD, hopefully its still likely to happen.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:50 pm
Yeah me too, another load of bullshit from TWTD, hopefully its still likely to happen.
Despite nothing being reported on any official sites of ITFC or Brentford
according to the 'bullshit' on TWTD, most of which gets copied and pasted on here,
he has signed.. :wink:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/451144/judge/#0

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:33 pm

If what PL says is to be believed..
Then it seems all the talk of Alan Judge is total BS

:evil:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:11 pm

I rest my case !!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Earl Blue wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Don’t think it is ......

Alan Judge appears to have signed on a permanent deal for £500k !

https://mobile.twitter.com/GV_Transfers ... dge%2F%234

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:41 pm

I thought he was playing for Brentford today, but nope he was absent, could have been in the stands watching????? if he has signed then that's good news, beef up the front line

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:10 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:14 pm
Earl Blue wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Don’t think it is ......

Alan Judge appears to have signed on a permanent deal for £500k !

https://mobile.twitter.com/GV_Transfers ... dge%2F%234

Hallam,

Unless I misheard PL said in his post match interview tonight that the first he had heard of Alan Judge was
this morning indicating it was news to him.

Did I miss something..

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 am

Yes he did make those comments. But I’m wondering if he’s playing the kiddology game s but here? I’m hoping he is anyway !!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:26 am

Tottenham Hotspur defender Cameron Carter-Vickers could reportedly leave one Championship side and head on loan to another this week.

According to a report from The Sun on Sunday (13/1; page 59), Tottenham defender Cameron Carter-Vickers is going to make a decision on his future this week with Ipswich Town asking about another loan deal for the 21-year-old.

Carter-Vickers left Spurs to join Swansea City in the summer, but has started just six Championship games this season. Graham Potter has generally preferred the pairing of Mike van der Hoorn and Joe Rodon at the heart of his defence.

And the USA international may now be offered a chance to swap clubs this week. The Sun on Sunday (13/1; page 59) reports that Ipswich boss Paul Lambert has made an enquiry and the youngster can make the switch to Portman Road if he wishes to.

It remains to be seen what decision Carter-Vickers make, but it does appear to make some sense to rejoin the Tractor Boys at this stage of his career.

1If he wants to stand any chance of forcing his way into Mauricio Pochettino's plans, he surely needs to be playing regularly right now. And he seemingly stands a much better chance of getting consistent game-time with Ipswich.

Lambert's men may be bottom of the table - seven points off safety - but perhaps that may add to the appeal of switching clubs. Carter-Vickers can hardly be held responsible if they go down, and he would be deemed one of the heroes if they manage to pull off a miraculous turnaround.

There appears to be hope after they beat Rotherham on Saturday - with new signing James Collins putting in a fantastic performance - and Carter-Vickers should perhaps look at whether he could form a good partnership with the former West Ham man as it may leave him in a better situation at Spurs than if he sticks around at Swansea for the rest of the campaign.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:30 am

I would so love this to happen

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:54 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:34 pm
I will always give players a chance, but....... YAWN.
He wasn't good enough for Charlton or Luton but you never know he might have found his level at ITFC.
Luton didn’t sign him because the chairman refused saying he wanted saleable assets as the team already had good attacking options. Although granted if he was ‘that good’ I’m sure they would have made the effort to sign.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Dawkins was the one yesterday that looked laughable tbh, albeit was only on for a few mins but his first three touches were awful.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:34 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:23 pm
Dawkins was the one yesterday that looked laughable tbh, albeit was only on for a few mins but his first three touches were awful.
His first 2 touches were on opponents rather than the ball as he gave away free kicks.

If I'm honest Keane didn't do a lot for me either. The ball always seemed to be bouncing off his shins, no real control. Even the goal bounced off him and then fortuitously bounced back to him.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:35 pm

AS I reported last week Cameron Carter Vickers deal is starting to hot up, he needs game time, and Spurs are willing to let him come back here, as they know he will get played more than Swansea, it might see Chambers side-lined, as Carter Vickers and Collins will be like a brick wall defence we have craved for, Alan Judge will be the icing on the cake. COYB

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:13 pm

Andym wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:34 pm
Bluemike wrote:
His first 2 touches were on opponents rather than the ball as he gave away free kicks.

If I'm honest Keane didn't do a lot for me either. The ball always seemed to be bouncing off his shins, no real control. Even the goal bounced off him and then fortuitously bounced back to him.
To be fair Andy he was probably pretty rusty, by Lambert's own admission it was a gamble to throw him in having hardly played any football. Watching the highlights though I thought his touch to bring the ball down out of the sky and subsequent lay off to Skuse to get in a shot was a really good touch, then his lovely pass to Sears which sets up the move for the goal was pretty handy too, I do see what you mean with a few iffy touches though but I think that will improve with game time.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Must admit my first thoughts were you can see why Charlton and Luton didn’t take up the option to sign him.
Hopefully he will improve given more game time.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Judge deal close to completion apparently

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:13 pm
Andym wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:34 pm
Bluemike wrote:

To be fair Andy he was probably pretty rusty, by Lambert's own admission it was a gamble to throw him in having hardly played any football. Watching the highlights though I thought his touch to bring the ball down out of the sky and subsequent lay off to Skuse to get in a shot was a really good touch, then his lovely pass to Sears which sets up the move for the goal was pretty handy too, I do see what you mean with a few iffy touches though but I think that will improve with game time.
Looking at the highlights I have to agree. There were some great touches there.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:33 pm

Judge deal edging ever closer ....,,?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... edly-close

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:37 am

Viewed News Now for latest activities, could see no mention of imminent transfers involving ourselves. Got to applaud the length people inside the club are going to in order to bring in this influx of names. Of course many will be skeptical but we got to be realistic about who we can feasibly bring on board.

The Judge kid seems to warrant good reviews. Versatile player that can supply pace and resilience. Would assume this will be finalized within twenty-four hours. Seems as good as arrived but then you got room for one or two extras if time permits it. Maybe it's too late such is the teams league situation but we're providing a chance for ourselves if nothing else.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Other Clubs in for him now. That’s fooked I guess. We take too effing long to get any permanent deal sorted out , alway always miss out. f*ck Evans !

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Someone on Twtd just said he is in the building let's hope so 🤞

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Update:

Alan Judge is currently undergoing a medical with Ipswich ahead of a switch from Brentford, Sky Sports News understands.

The two Championship clubs held discussions over the weekend and have agreed terms on a deal.

Judge has entered the final six months of his Brentford contract and is set to return to the club where he suffered a serious leg break in 2016.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Jordan Roberts could be going out...……………………

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ch-2427610

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:25 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:27 pm
Update:

Alan Judge is currently undergoing a medical with Ipswich ahead of a switch from Brentford, Sky Sports News understands.

The two Championship clubs held discussions over the weekend and have agreed terms on a deal.

Judge has entered the final six months of his Brentford contract and is set to return to the club where he suffered a serious leg break in 2016.
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... al-at-town.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:30 pm

So it’s in ME’s hands then?...Oh dear!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:39 pm

Deal agreed between the two Clubs . Discussions regarding terms ( contract length and “ what if” ie division Championship or League One next season) ongoing with player at the Club right now.

I know some might feel Judge isn’t all that now, but I personally would love to see ya get him over the line . He’s better by some margin than anything currently at the Club, snd is another experienced player . Fingers crossed

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Yes fingers crossed,Brentford fans still rate him.