LAMBERT IS STAYING

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

LAMBERT IS STAYING

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:53 pm

hallamblue

Re: LAMBERT IS STAYING

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:01 pm

I’m so bloody made up by this news , I can’t tel you what it means.

“Paul Lambert is a BLUE , is a BLUE
Paul Lambert is a BLUE
He hates narwich”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:18 pm

f**king awesome news, I so don't want relegation ro become reality but if the worst happens I believe with this guy here we WILL come back stronger.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:52 pm

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:08 pm

That's the best news in years, I feel we are a Team on the up whatever happens this season.⚽👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:17 pm

Haven’t won @ Blackburn since 91? Fuuuk! :shock:

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:33 pm

I am so happy lambert is staying. Best news for ages. We have hit rock bottom and are on the way up

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:58 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:17 pm
Won there in '96, Mason scored the only goal, can visualize it like yesterday although maybe it only caters for League encounters.

Lambert announcing he'll stay in position irrespective of what occurs by end of season is all very well but there's never any guarantees in this game. He was never going to say "I made a mistake coming here, the situation can't be salvaged and shall be off at the soonest opportunity when had enough of it all"

I got no problem with Lambert as manager, he may just prove to be successful over time, but point being anyone can provide guarantees and reassurances. Can anyone say 100 per cent he'll be Town manager by the end of next season. That's not to say he won't but just wouldn't want people to be disappointed should an exit occur during the time specified.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:47 pm

He certainly seems to be a very good fit with the club and this can only be good news because if we do get relegated and Lambert left us I dread to think who would follow on.

Credit to you Mr Lambert for making your position clear which is so different to your predecessor and Mr Evans.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 am

Pleased to see Lambert will be here next season. I do however feel the honeymoon period is nearing the end. The club needs at least 10 wins to have any real chance of avoiding the drop. Looking at how the fixtures are lining up this looks too big an ask.

Lambert has galvanised the club but a significant upturn in points is required to keep us moving forward into the new season. Let's all enjoy the ride and go down fighting.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm

I'm going to get slated for this but here goes.

I don't get it. I really don't. All of this adulation for Lambert for every statement he makes, and for the gesture towards the travelling fans, is a bit over the top to me. He is clearly a nice man and a decent, though by no means a great, manager.

He inherited a team that was a shambles as a result of Hurst being out of his depth. The results since he has taken over are on a par with the results under Hurst, bar a fortuitous win against fellow strugglers Rotherham.

I've said it before: currying favour with the fans by writing open letters saying how great we are, by throwing a few quid at travelling expenses, by bemoaning the state of the club that he inherited, by saying he will stay on if we are relegated is no substitute for improving results. To me it's all flannel. I'll be converted if results improve. Until then, concentrate less on PR spin and more on the playing side of things.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:11 am

MasseyFerguson wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm
I'm going to get slated for this but here goes.

I don't get it. I really don't. All of this adulation for Lambert for every statement he makes, and for the gesture towards the travelling fans, is a bit over the top to me. He is clearly a nice man and a decent, though by no means a great, manager.

He inherited a team that was a shambles as a result of Hurst being out of his depth. The results since he has taken over are on a par with the results under Hurst, bar a fortuitous win against fellow strugglers Rotherham.

I've said it before: currying favour with the fans by writing open letters saying how great we are, by throwing a few quid at travelling expenses, by bemoaning the state of the club that he inherited, by saying he will stay on if we are relegated is no substitute for improving results. To me it's all flannel. I'll be converted if results improve. Until then, concentrate less on PR spin and more on the playing side of things.
I get what you are saying completely. I questioned his approach to games for example if we had got a point yesterday it would of been a step closer to Rotherham. But the bridge with the fans needed fixing and he has done that. The results need improve your absolutely correct. The fans will only stay with him if this happens.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:32 pm

saint jude wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:58 pm
marko69 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:17 pm
Won there in '96, Mason scored the only goal, can visualize it like yesterday although maybe it only caters for League encounters.

Lambert announcing he'll stay in position irrespective of what occurs by end of season is all very well but there's never any guarantees in this game. He was never going to say "I made a mistake coming here, the situation can't be salvaged and shall be off at the soonest opportunity when had enough of it all"

I got no problem with Lambert as manager, he may just prove to be successful over time, but point being anyone can provide guarantees and reassurances. Can anyone say 100 per cent he'll be Town manager by the end of next season. That's not to say he won't but just wouldn't want people to be disappointed should an exit occur during the time specified.
I tend to agree with this, its all good PR at the moment.
I think he has done well and improved on what Hurst left.
Be interesting to see how long the feelgood factor lasts for.
Not sure he has many options left job wise ?
Is he going to get a better job than Ipswich, at the moment I doubt it.
Got to turn Ipswich round or he'll be joining a long list of ex managers who can't get a job.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:05 am

sorry wrong page moved to Lambert pays for Blackburn travel costs