January Transfer rumours

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: January Transfer rumours

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Was an excellent player pre Hyams crude assault on restructuring his leg, would be a good addition, looks like it may get done.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:02 pm

Another player I really like and who I think could do a decent job for us. If only we had Paul Lambert here pre season I think our summer signings would have been so different.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:13 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:02 pm
Another player I really like and who I think could do a decent job for us. If only we had Paul Lambert here pre season I think our summer signings would have been so different.
Couldn't agree more.....the right man at. The wrong time in some respects

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Judge has signed to the seasons end with option of another year.😎 Very good news.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:33 pm

Very short contract but understandable given the circumstances.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 pm

We have some quality and experience in the side now. Let’s go win a few games lads !

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:10 pm

Fantastic news,we have a creative midfielder,Huws coming back to,feeling much more positive, get Carter Vickers in next for the icing on the cake :D

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:05 am

Feels like a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. Believe someone mentioned these activities should have taken place last summer and it's hard to dispute. Don't get me wrong it's admirable that business is being done but things are (now) coming together when arguably considerable damage has already occurred.

Hope one or two of those coming in are as promising as some of the reviews seen or (we're) led to believe.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Good signings by PL, gives us some hope, just wanted to know this carter-vickers rumour, is there any real meat behind this or just the Sun talking pish again??

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:27 pm

I would love to see Huws and Judge start against Blackburn. I think Chalabor will be the one to make way.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:13 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:27 pm
I would love to see Huws and Judge start against Blackburn. I think Chalabor will be the one to make way.
And then after a win, maybe some Shalamar, “A Night to Remember”......

https://youtu.be/x9IimLb3b2U

I can see Mike groovin down the nightclub with those shades on!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:06 pm

They don't call me Magic Mike at work for nothing

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:33 pm

Think it was called a disco in mikes day

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:07 pm

Hell yeah

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:34 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 pm
Good signings by PL, gives us some hope, just wanted to know this carter-vickers rumour, is there any real meat behind this or just the Sun talking pish again??

This rumour keeps resurfacing, and he has been withdrawn from Swansea. Personally I wouldn’t be at all surprised to CVV re join Town.

jackscat

Post by jackscat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:53 pm

Sorry I don't usually have much to say but I'm seeing the new guys coming in which is great news but is the rubbish that came in the summer getting fired? Or is the wage bill just getting bigger? I'm a long time fan who watched my first game in 1961 but now lives in Missouri.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:14 pm

jackscat wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:53 pm
Sorry I don't usually have much to say but I'm seeing the new guys coming in which is great news but is the rubbish that came in the summer getting fired? Or is the wage bill just getting bigger? I'm a long time fan who watched my first game in 1961 but now lives in Missouri.
I don't think they will get "Fired" but possibly will get sold at the end of the season depending of course what League Town are in. By the way keep posting.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:40 pm

I see we and 3 other clubs Villa, Bolton, Barnsley are looking at a Barry Town RB Macaulay Southam-Hales 22 year old, ex Cardiff City youth player, If the lads got any sense he would either come here or Barnsley, wont get game time at Villa, and Bolton are Fooked, as they cant afford to pay players wages, very bad run club, and HMRC are shortly issuing a winding up order for unpaid revenue,

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Hiya Jackscat, like Derick I think a few may be moved on although some are decent players, Harrison, Nsiala, and the Two loanees Pennington and Chalobah, we have some longer standing rubbish to offload too, Knudsen, Spence, Ward to name but Three. Hope you hang around.

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:28 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:40 pm
I see we and 3 other clubs Villa, Bolton, Barnsley are looking at a Barry Town RB Macaulay Southam-Hales 22 year old, ex Cardiff City youth player, If the lads got any sense he would either come here or Barnsley, wont get game time at Villa, and Bolton are Fooked, as they cant afford to pay players wages, very bad run club, and HMRC are shortly issuing a winding up order for unpaid revenue,
We really could use a decent right back. I think with the current squad (including loanees) the fullback positions on both sides are our weakest.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:29 pm

jackscat wrote:
Welcome jackscat!

This very question has been raised by the local rag, the EADT today . I think a few will be going out on loan , ie Edwards, Nolan, maybe even Dozzell. Some will quite possibly be sold, Knudsen ( Defo will), Danny Rowe, Jordan Roberts ( 3 Clubs currently battling it out for his signature) and probably Tom Adeyemi will also be sold in summer.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:28 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
We really could use a decent right back. I think with the current squad (including loanees) the fullback positions on both sides are our weakest.

Andy do you not think Pennington could cover this for the rest of the season?

I’m still hoping that Carter -Vickers will return to Town and him and Collins as a CB pairing would look good , as would a back three of .....Chambo C-V Collins .

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:32 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:29 pm
jackscat wrote:
Welcome jackscat!

This very question has been raised by the local rag, the EADT today . I think a few will be going out on loan , ie Edwards, Nolan, maybe even Dozzell. Some will quite possibly be sold, Knudsen ( Defo will), Danny Rowe, Jordan Roberts ( 3 Clubs currently battling it out for his signature) and probably Tom Adeyemi will also be sold in summer.
Think adeyemi is out of contract this summer ?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:56 pm

Yes he is. Suspect he’ll be gone.

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:41 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 pm
Andym wrote:
ashfordblue wrote:

I’m still hoping that Carter -Vickers will return to Town and him and Collins as a CB pairing would look good , as would a back three of .....Chambo C-V Collins .
I think Pennington was very good in the second half on Saturday. But he was almost a 3rd centre back winning headers at the far post. Otherwise I think he is little better than Chambers when filling in, not great against wingers running at him when It offering too much going forward.

I think Fabian Wilnis was the last player I saw here who could play central defender and fullback with equal success. They are few and far between.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:31 am

Andym wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:41 am
hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 pm
Andym wrote:

I think Pennington was very good in the second half on Saturday. But he was almost a 3rd centre back winning headers at the far post. Otherwise I think he is little better than Chambers when filling in, not great against wingers running at him when It offering too much going forward.

I think Fabian Wilnis was the last player I saw here who could play central defender and fullback with equal success. They are few and far between.
What we have lost when not playing Chambers at right back is his goals. He use to score a few a season from there. Granted he is not the best right back, but Pennington is a better Centre half!!

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Just a question with a little relativity to Towns predicament. Has anyone seen "Sunderland Till I Die". It seems as if it is Ipswich in that position now. Pretty much realization of the fate of Sunderland when they drop points at home and away. It feels so close to home looking at the Championship table. We have to hope those above us lose while we pick up points. It's a tall order but I hope we can pull it off.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:29 pm

Town and Bolton linked with Rangers right back Lee Gordon 27 years old and very versatile, out of contract at the end of the season, looks ok to me.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:18 pm

Hopefully marko can find out if this player is any good but I’m picking up comments from exiled Scottish fans who reckon this player really isn’t much kop. He was apparently at MK Dons same time as Spence. .... and Spence ended up being 1st choice RB !!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:41 pm

I think we can safely forget this one.

When Joe Rodon winced with pain during the first half against Sheffield United last weekend, there was a collective gasp from the Swansea City faithful.

Rodon, who it was later confirmed had suffered a broken metatarsal, was replaced by loan man Cameron Carter-Vickers.

The American international went on to have a solid game, filling in for the Welsh youngster as he has done in previous games when Graham Potter decided to rest him.

Rodon is expected to miss around six weeks of action.

"That's a blow for us. He's been great," conceded Potter.

It is a setback, but perhaps not as bad as first feared.

Carter-Vickers hasn't let anyone down when called upon, and now with an extended run in the side likely, he can build up some match consistency.

But rumours have persisted that former loan club Ipswich want to bring the 20-year-old back to Portman Road for the second half of the season.
Read More

And in the last few days, Wigan have also entered into the equation. Both are promising more game-time to the defender.

So where do we stand?
Cameron Carter-Vickers joined Swansea City on a season-long loan deal

In the terms of his contract, Tottenham can recall Carter-Vickers if they so wish.

Swansea can also send him back, but that is highly unlikely given that he is now set to play for the next six weeks at least.

Potter is not blessed with options at centre-back, so Carter-Vickers is sure of game-time.

If parent club Spurs were concerned about that aspect of the deal, those issues are now not applicable.

What has he said?

Carter-Vickers spoke before Christmas about his time with Swansea so far.

"I am enjoying it, the manager is good and so is the team, the manager wants us to play in the right way, playing out the back, keeping possession. I feel like I am improving,” he told the Evening Standard.

“The way I am, I just take it as it goes.

"At the moment I am at Swansea, trying to impress and get results there, and then when I go back to Tottenham at the end of the season then we’ll have to look at the picture from there.”

Carter-Vickers, it seems, is happy in South Wales, both personally and professionally.