NOW FOR PROMOTION

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Relegation

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:42 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:32 pm
I don't think anyone is saying it will be easy Mike. But it will still be football, still be the club we love, and there will still be exciting times ahead. If we don't believe that then there is zero point following the club.
A hardcore will still go and support but it will drop for sure. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:43 pm

Magicmark wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:35 pm
Guess if we go done the price of tickets will to,I can't be bothered to spend £30+ a game more than a couple of time a year atm.
I made the point the other day, I've already heard ticket prices may not even go down if we are relegated.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:42 pm
nicscreamer wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:32 pm
I don't think anyone is saying it will be easy Mike. But it will still be football, still be the club we love, and there will still be exciting times ahead. If we don't believe that then there is zero point following the club.
A hardcore will still go and support but it will drop for sure. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.
I don't doubt attendances will drop, and if you say prices stay the same then that will of course not help. However, by comparison, my home town club (Royston) play in the Evo Stick Premier league. The football is hardly free flowing, the ground is poor and they still charge £10 to get in for me and £2 quid for my son(with concession). I don't go the see Ipswich every week (its a 1.15 journey each way, I have a life etc.) but last time I went (v Bristol) it cost me and my boy £33.00. I felt entertained, we had fun and I still got the same buzz I alwsys get when visiting portman road. That buzz wont disappear when we get relegated, and as long as the new style of football we are playing continues (with of course a few wins) I will still be happy to pay circa £30 for me and my son to go. You may call me stupid, and I appreciate I am not a season ticket holder, but I don't see the charge as being totally unreasonable for whats being offered as far as value...…. but I do want a few wins please :-)

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:45 pm

I don't see the ticket prices decreasing once down to be honest. I think they will be frozen, certainly the season ticket pricing. But then again its going to depend a lot on what happen with the ownership... Anything could happen

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:12 pm

I think a significant number will drift away. A very large number if season ticket prices are held. If we do well, some will come back, but once they stop coming, a lot will never return. I hope there is some reduction in prices to try and keep a few more going.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:43 pm
Magicmark wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:35 pm
Guess if we go done the price of tickets will to,I can't be bothered to spend £30+ a game more than a couple of time a year atm.
I made the point the other day, I've already heard ticket prices may not even go down if we are relegated.
I Remember when Norwich went down to leaugue 1 the season ticket prices dropped.will be bad business in my opinion if there is no reduction.i can see attendences dropping to 10 or 11 thousand.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:05 pm

Andym wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:12 pm
I think a significant number will drift away. A very large number if season ticket prices are held. If we do well, some will come back, but once they stop coming, a lot will never return. I hope there is some reduction in prices to try and keep a few more going.
I think your probably right Andy. Although lets face it in Micks last 2 years in charge we lost over 4,000 season ticket holders so just drifting along in this league trying not to drown is hardly inspiring people. I very much agree that once people stop going its hard to get them back, out of those 4,000 lost fans we lost some very dedicated long standing supporters, people who have had season tickets for 30, 40 or even 50 years. I honestly feel like the club has missed the warning signs time and time again and that is the reason we are where we are. I hope that people give it a chance in League 1, we just have to rebuild. Anything really could happen, I don't for one second think its going to be easy, but sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to start making real changes. I do hope that Lambert stays although I have my doubts.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Unfortunately with the departures of Waghorn, Berra, Garner, Frazer and the like..... we are a 1st Division club at best with 1st Division players

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:32 am

To stay up we have to finish top of a 4 team mini league others being Bolton, Reading & Rotherham. There are 17 games left. To finish top of that league how many games do you think is the minimum we need to win? I'm going for 8 with 2 of those wins against Bolton & Reading.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:50 am

Here are the games Derick. I just added what I thought the outcome would be in each game......, but then became immediately depressed. So I removed what I thought. Hopefully Paul Lambert will prove the majority of us wrong.

Sheff Wed (H)
Norwich (A)
Derby (H)
Stoke (H)
Wigan (A)
Reading (H)
WBA (A)
Bristol City (A)
Nottm Forest (H)
Hull City (H)
Bolton (A)
Brentford (A)
Birmingham (H)
Preston (A)
Swansea (H)
Sheff Utd (A)
Leeds (H)

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:41 am

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:50 am
Here are the games Derick. I just added what I thought the outcome would be in each game......, but then became immediately depressed. So I removed what I thought. Hopefully Paul Lambert will prove the majority of us wrong.

Sheff Wed (H)..W
Norwich (A)..L
Derby (H)..D
Stoke (H) ...W
Wigan (A) ...D
Reading (H)..W
WBA (A)...L
Bristol City (A)...L
Nottm Forest (H)...W
Hull City (H) ...W
Bolton (A)....W
Brentford (A)...L
Birmingham (H)..W
Preston (A)...D
Swansea (H) ...W
Sheff Utd (A) ....L
Leeds (H).....L

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:24 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:41 am
marko69 wrote:

Sheff Wed (H)..W
Norwich (A)..L
Derby (H)..D
Stoke (H) ...W
Wigan (A) ...D
Reading (H)..W
WBA (A)...L
Bristol City (A)...L
Nottm Forest (H)...W
Hull City (H) ...W
Bolton (A)....W
Brentford (A)...L
Birmingham (H)..W
Preston (A)...D
Swansea (H) ...W
Sheff Utd (A) ....L
Leeds (H).....L

That's optimistic! I can't see our home form picking up that much. I think we will get another 3 or 4 wins this season. Hope your prediction is right though!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:10 pm

marko69 wrote:

Sheff Wed (H) Tie
Norwich (A) Win, (no bullshit this may just come to pass. Possess a sneaking suspicion)
Derby (H) Lose
Stoke (H) Win
Wigan (A) Tie
Reading (H) Win
WBA (A) Lose
Bristol City (A) Tie
Nottm Forest (H) Lose
Hull City (H) Win
Bolton (A) Win
Brentford (A) Lose
Birmingham (H) Tie
Preston (A) Lose
Swansea (H) Win
Sheff Utd (A) Lose
Leeds (H) Win
That's 25 points (if correct) from an available 51 and that alone will provide a very good opportunity to salvage league status.

Once again it's all hypothetical and you got to consider other teams in the vicinity and their own respective fixtures and scores, but if the above comes to pass then we'll be in with a fighting chance of survival. Maybe concerned about the Leeds United game end of season, past behavior from the opposition on the last day (at Portman Road) was regrettable. Both teams could have so much to fight for on the one game, can only hope past events don't repeat themselves - although in truth both teams - one way or the other - may just have completed their objectives by that time.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:07 pm

Sheff Wed (H) L
Norwich (A) L
Derby (H) L
Stoke (H) L
Wigan (A) L
Reading (H) L
WBA (A) L
Bristol City (A) L
Nottm Forest (H) L
Hull City (H) L
Bolton (A) L
Brentford (A) L
Birmingham (H) L
Preston (A) L
Swansea (H) L
Sheff Utd (A) L
Leeds (H) L

Not quite as optimistic as Marko, but what does everyone think??? :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:24 pm

I think you mean Derick, 9 because I removed my predictions before posting....... but they were waaaay more optimistic than yours! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:30 pm

Sheff Wed (H) WIN
Norwich (A) LOSE
Derby (H) LOSE
Stoke (H) DRAW
Wigan (A) DRAW
Reading (H) must must MUST WIN
WBA (A) LOSE
Bristol City (A) LOSE
Nottm Forest (H) DRAW
Hull City (H) DRAW
Bolton (A) DRAW
Brentford (A) DRAW
Birmingham (H) WIN
Preston (A) LOSE
Swansea (H) DRAW
Sheff Utd (A) LOSE
Leeds (H) DRAW, (hopefully prevent the bstds winning the league)

Only 17 points, and (que Roy Castle) “RELEGATION....... RELEGATION.......”

But if Quaner becomes a new late season Waghorn, then a few of those draws could become wins. Optimism at its very best.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:02 pm

Bolton and Reading playing tonight.

A draw would be most useful - don't want either team getting 3 more points away.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:33 pm

Here are my “at best’ predictions.

Sheff Wed (H) Win
Norwich (A) Lose
Derby (H) Lose
Stoke (H) Win
Wigan (A) Draw
Reading (H) Win
WBA (A) Lose
Bristol City (A) Lose
Nottm Forest (H) Draw
Hull City (H) Lose
Bolton (A) Draw
Brentford (A) Lose
Birmingham (H) Draw
Preston (A) Lose
Swansea (H) Draw
Sheff Utd (A) Lose
Leeds (H) Lose
[/quote]

That adds up to 14 points which I guess will be nowhere near enough to avoid relegation.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:14 pm

How are people predicting any wins? I really can’t see where they will come from. I predict we will get no more points...

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:46 pm

here's mine........

Sheff Wed (H) - WIN
Norwich (A) - DRAW
Derby (H) - LOSE
Stoke (H) - DRAW
Wigan (A) - DRAW
Reading (H) - WIN
WBA (A) - LOSE
Bristol City (A) - LOSE
Nottm Forest (H) - DRAW
Hull City (H) - WIN
Bolton (A) - DRAW
Brentford (A) - LOSE
Birmingham (H) - WIN
Preston (A) - DRAW
Swansea (H) - DRAW
Sheff Utd (A) - LOSE
Leeds (H) - WIN

That's 22 points which will make things very interesting

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:09 pm

Rossi, can I have some of whatever you are smoking?? Seriously mate, 22 points? Where is the sudden turn around in our fortunes coming from. I love to be optimistic, but I am really of the opinion we will be relegated with a seriously low points score. I can see maybe, at best, 2 more wins... but that's it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Nic, if you can beat me with 6 points in the H2H anything can happen!! 😂 keep the faith.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:59 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:09 pm
Rossi, can I have some of whatever you are smoking?? Seriously mate, 22 points? Where is the sudden turn around in our fortunes coming from. I love to be optimistic, but I am really of the opinion we will be relegated with a seriously low points score. I can see maybe, at best, 2 more wins... but that's it.
I just feel that the squad is now good enough to pick up a few wins, and I'm not usually known for my optimism.

I think we would have an even better chance if Chambers and Skuse were dropped - that's not gonna happen of course but I still say the squad is now good enough to pick up a few wins

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Mate, I pray you are right, and I applaud your optimism.!

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:48 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:55 pm
Nic, if you can beat me with 6 points in the H2H anything can happen!! 😂 keep the faith.
8) Eassssayyy, easssayyyy, … can I play you every week, can I play you every week.. and other silly football chants

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:23 pm

Rossi, did you read the Mevans interview? “Cole Skuse is the baws....” (general jist)

And are you now reading absolutely nothing more from him?

Must admit, like Nics, was very surprised at the 5 wins prediction. Certainly do hope that comes to fruition.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:27 pm

Here's mine, 20 points and certain relegation.

Sheff Wed (H) Win
Norwich (A) Draw
Derby (H) Lose
Stoke (H) Win
Wigan (A) Draw
Reading (H) Win
WBA (A) Lose
Bristol City (A) Lose
Nottm Forest (H) Win
Hull City (H) Draw
Bolton (A) Win
Brentford (A) Lose
Birmingham (H) Draw
Preston (A) Lose
Swansea (H) Draw
Sheff Utd (A) Lose
Leeds (H) Draw

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:28 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:48 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:55 pm
8) Eassssayyy, easssayyyy, … can I play you every week, can I play you every week.. and other silly football chants
LMAO, My fav song is "Who the f**king hell are you?" "Who the f**king hell are you ??? "

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:46 pm

saint jude wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:10 pm
marko69 wrote:

Norwich (A) Win, (no bullshit this may just come to pass. Possess a sneaking suspicion)

I have thought this for the previous 5 meetings :cry: however this is the first time I am dreading a local derby. Let's put to one side this is a local derby, we are going to an in form top two side and could be in line for a real drubbing. I do accept with the history of PL this would be the sort of senecio where a real shock can happen. Let's hope so.

In reality we will need 1 1/2 points per game to stay up this is top six form!

Since PL took charge I think the home games against Bristol City and Millwall are the games that will send us down. These are the two games we should have won based on first half performances where we were leading. Those 6 points would have put us a point from safety and thus allowing more time for new players to have an impact and a realistic chance of avoiding the drop rather than a complete turnaround like we witnessed with Leicester a couple of seasons back.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:36 pm

I can see only 1 win and 2 draws. Goodnight all last person out of PR please turn off the lights, see you all in league 1 next season