So , that’s it then .....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

So , that’s it then .....

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:40 pm

Well, that’s it then. League One next season!

Looking forward to the rebuild job over the summer , hopefully around our talented
U 23squad with a few senior pros mixed amongst them.

This relegation had been coming for several seasons , not just this one or because McCarthy left. His final 3seasons merely papered over the ever growing number of cracks. HE failed to take the squad further . Instead he focused on “ being hard to beat” with all the boring negative tactics that entailed . Trust me, I’m GLAD HE GOT SACKED! I couldn’t face another season with that manager at the helm . Hurst was simply our of his depth , and successfully replaced seasoned Championship players with League One and Two players : it shows !!

Lambert has been left to salvage whatever he can for an apology of a squad . He is left to do that in a January window which means he can only bring in loanees to try and overcome the mountain of a task that is survival . It was never going to happen was it!

So turning to the summer, I think we will see Lambert rip this apology if a first team squad up and build from the U23 and bring in players that will sign on the dotted line and be ours. This will make a difference going forwards . But League One will not be a stroll in the park . Far from it. But I think we’ll have for the first time a team to get behind and one that will be ours and one that will compete and play decent football .

I’ll be there like many others . Why? Because we are Town fans to the core .

COYBs and of course ITID

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: So , that’s it then .....

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Since Paul Jewell, the narrative has been, “it’s a rebuild job.”

My GOD it’s getting f**king tiresome.

Ricco

Re: So , that’s it then .....

Post by Ricco » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:39 pm

I don't think it's all that bad, we just need to gel...