Mings

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Mings

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:13 am

WTF is he thinking ? This looks horrendous and it's not the first time he's done it, some will say it was a pure accident, I disagree. Shameful.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2019/02/0 ... -incident/

Andym

Re: Mings

Post by Andym » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:26 am

Hard to say if it was intentional. But as you say he has form.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:11 pm

Nasty
Overrated and never as good as Creswell IMO

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:09 pm

AndyM, watch it on an iPhone, zoom in. Intentional. No doubt about it.

That’s a scar on the face for life. Nasty bstd.

I think he better look after his legs next time they’re in the same game. Candidate for being on the receiving end of some revenge, RK style. Not that I agree with that.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:47 pm

100% intentional (the contact, hopefully not the result too!). Nasty. If trying to avoid standing on something you stretch your leg out ahead of you, he very clearly did a backwards motion / stamp.

I'm sure he is suitably shocked by the injury and never meant anything that bad to happen, but that's as close as I'd get to defending him, straight ban for the rest of the season in my opinion.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:55 pm

I know he ain’t nothing to do with us, BUT His leg goes back intentionally.He has form from doing it to Zlatan.
Surely a big ban coming.
Oh yes, all the villa fans saying it was accidental.

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... ton-villa/

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Has history for this, not just another accident in my view.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:02 pm

Minus actually looks down at the player as he brought his foot down.

Think Mr Mings is a marked man now.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:34 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:02 pm
Think Mr Mings is a marked man now.
Well Oliveira is definitely a permanently marked man....... three significant deep cuts there...... on his face!!!
Can’t quite put into words what I personally would be feeling if I was Oliveira tonight.
Three scars and footage blatantly suggesting it was meant? There wouldn’t be any future handshakes that’s for sure, forgive ‘n forget and all that BS. Mings wouldn’t be getting away with it.

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:52 pm

Utter disgrace.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:53 pm

Tried viewing a second time but to no avail as would not load. First impression it was hard to ascertain if it were an intentional act of malice or simply catching the opposition player at time of incident. If guilty it should warrant a substantial match ban and club fine. Did we really receive in the region of six million when he moved on from here, not going through records to verify but in retrospect it would seem a strange (if that is the operative term) figure.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:27 am

Excuse language.

This is a feckin atrocity.. he should never be allowed to play professional football again and should hopefully be charged with ABH. sickening and despicable

He should immediately be disgracefully discharged from his footballing contract..

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:01 am

that really is horrific, will the FA review this?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:46 am

That’s f**king disgusting and almost certainly could have been avoided, he should be utterly ashamed of himself as it is clearly deliberate.

I hope he gets a massive ban and someday someone takes revenge as I’m sure they will.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Frosty wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:01 am
Yes, has been declared now...
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ated-by-fa

Crazy, I don't think he's particularly a nasty player/person, I think it's more he plays with intensity and makes very stupid decisions in the heat of the moment. Big ban is what he deserves though, and I'm sure that will follow.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:25 pm

Ricco wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:32 pm
Frosty wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:01 am
Yes, has been declared now...
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ated-by-fa

Crazy, I don't think he's particularly a nasty player/person, I think it's more he plays with intensity and makes very stupid decisions in the heat of the moment. Big ban is what he deserves though, and I'm sure that will follow.
better than a ban I think he should be made to play for the Vile for the whole of his career.
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:30 pm

The FA is a joke. NFA to be taken :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:42 pm

Is that right? An utter sham, that was a brutal assault.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:46 pm

Just seen it, its purely because the Referee saw it and took no action at the time, that doesn't make it right!!

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:47 pm

Completely agree with you. Surely the referee has made an error of judgement and therefore it needs looking at again, closely.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Yet another example of the FA letting itself Dow, what a joke organisation it’s become.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:04 pm

Makes it worse for Mings. Expect a career ending challenge ya fkin bawbag.

** Not that i agree with that. **

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:42 am

Looks like there is no further action to be taken by the powers that be.

I’ll say again, Mr Mings is now a “marked man” in many ways !

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:24 pm

If he had an ounce of a brain in his head, he’d offer a public apology to Oliveira on TV and show some form of honest remorse for his actions. He cannot do that level of damage and expect it all to be forgotten. But he can protect himself a bit better by being the bigger man and holding his hands up, “Not going to lie, I meant it and I f*cked up 100%. I’m very sorry to Nelson for this. I have learned a big lesson and I’ll become a different person and player because of it.”
Something like that.

Of course, as Hallam says, his card may be marked. Someone with a Roy Keane / Joey Barton type persona will no doubt nail him on the pitch or a nightclub.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:12 pm

Reading’s Nelson Oliveira has demanded that the Football Association take action over his facial injury as he blasts Aston Villa’s Tyrone Mings in a scathing verdict of events.

The forward suffered a horror injury in the club’s 0-0 draw with the Villans as defender Mings landed with his foot directly on his face, gruesome pictures revealed afterwards of a broken nose and two deep gashes, one above his eyebrow and one deep on the bridge of his nose.

Speaking of the incident, Oliveira has hammered Mings by insisting he could have avoided him and urged the FA to look into it.

He told the Mirror: “I’m not saying he did it on purpose but he could have avoided me 100 per cent,.

“He texted me to apologise. At the time I hadn’t seen the video. Football is an aggressive game but that is not football. It could have been much worse; I could be blind.

It’s up to the FA to look at these things. If the same thing happened to Harry Kane what would happen? How would the FA look at it when his career could have been over? It’s a question to ask people and the media.

“If this happens in Portugal they would look at it again. You see UFC fighters come off looking better than me.”

Opinion

The incident with Mings was a seriously nasty one and while the defender insists that it was an accident the replays might suggest he could have avoided taking the action of placing his boot on Oliveira’s face. The Reading man is obviously fuming with how things turned out and understandably so and demanding FA action suggests he thinks it is worthy of much more than a telling off. He makes a good point though – had this happened to a star footballer in the Premier League, the media would be analysing it, pundits would be jumping on the bandwagon and an investigation would have taken place. Just because it is in the second tier does not make it any less of a serious issue and Oliveira is well within his rights to demand something after picking up one of the nastiest looking injuries in some time. There is no suggestion Mings intended to hurt him, just that he could have taken action to avoid such a serious incident. Does that constitute dangerous play, just as a two footed tackle would? That is for the FA to decide – if they look at it, of course.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:53 pm

Your quote Mike, and other such like quotes in the press:
There is no suggestion Mings intended to hurt him, just that he could have taken action to avoid such a serious incident.
End quote.

That’s not a full contradiction but certainly on its way to being one. To me; if he could’ve avoided it, he meant it.

I wouldn’t be the slightest bit lenient on Mings at all. And hats off to Oliveira for actually saying, “I’m not saying he meant it”.,.... that’s not what I’d be saying.

And I’ve just noticed that I’ve got the f**king most to say about it......... my son at 14 was stood on while playing for the local team. Burst eye socket and even today, 11 years later, people who know him, know that his face changed that day. (Still a good lookin laddie though, like his dad! :D )

I was a lot calmer than you think you....... had it been Thomas (AylesburyBlue) you’d have killed the entire family and all their pets! :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:17 pm

It was a comment that I copied Marko from the article not actually mine, I agree with you, if he could have avoided it but didn't he most definitely meant it, I believe him to be a nasty bit of work, i mean it's twice now !!

And yes me son was done by a vicious tackle one Saturday morning where I though his ankle had been snapped, I was on the pitch at the referee who did nothing, I believe Thomas actually got sent off for the language he used, I could happily kill someone who hurts my kids :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:35 pm

Only Mings can be 100% sure he meant to violently assault Nélson Oliveira, the rest of us are 99% sure and the FA don’t have a f**king clue and don’t care either.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:08 pm

Spot on Andy

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:33 am

If only the FA came down hard on players who do this to their opponents eg, 1, 2 or even 3 month ban, this sort of behaviour would mostly disappear from the game overnight.