PARTY TIME!!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ipswichtownNo1

PARTY TIME!!

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:42 pm

So league one here we come. Lets just let it go, it aint gonna happen so enjoy the last few games. No good moanin and a groanin. Our saviour marcus evens dont give a toss so why should we

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: PARTY TIME!!

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:59 pm

A dozen new grounds, win a fair few matches (hopefully) a big overhaul of players and maybe come back stronger, we have to embrace it cus we really do need to go down and I never thought i would say that.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Well there are still enough points to play for but I just can't see where the next win is coming from as we are still as toothless as ever. I am dreading the trip up the road next sunday but there again, if we were to win there it would at least mean we have beaten them before not playing them for at least 2 years... sad times indeed.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:38 pm

The actual result today changed nothing, 7 or 8 points behind makes no difference, its still 3 games given our goal difference, the problem is we ain't good enough to win the necessary amount of games and games are running out.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:23 pm
I am dreading the trip up the road next sunday.....,
Yes. You all will be.

I have the same feeling about this fixture that I had about the 2012 Scottish Cup Final. 95% of us knew we weren’t going to win. We just wanted it to be respectable. And it wasn’t. Humiliated 5-1 on national TV in an Edinburgh derby cup final.

Got that same feeling for the travelling ITFC fans next week. I personally cannot see a win but I’m praying it’s respectable.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:52 pm

Sometimes you DO need to defensive minded. Next week is one of those occasions , but Lambert to his credit will go there to attack . Problem is we have no one good enough to stick it in the net .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:55 pm

Play Two up front FFS and we may have a chance

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:57 pm

Get everyone defending, be very stubborn, frustrate the canary Shyte out of them ,......., then hit them on the counter.

And if possible, play Gerken just in front of Bailkowski.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 am

I'd go for it right from the off. They (Norwich City) will imagine they already have the victory before our team coach even arrives so why not just attack them from the start and play two or three in attack. We got a number of options given the new acquisitions, granted they're no Alan Brazils or Mariners but Lambert should keep team selection to himself until time of event and put those kids up front and give it a go.

Let's be clear here, we got nothing to lose in the truest sense. They'll most likely see a promotion, we ourselves shall fall by the wayside at the other end of the division, but I'd rather be beaten by a comprehensive score with us showing attacking intent than losing by one and focusing everything on defense and tentative 'catch them on the break' mindsets. Still insist we can do it, won't compensate for ten years of unsuccessful meetings or the imminent fall into lower league, but at least we can take something away from the event. Imagine how long also it could be for the two clubs to play each other again, with the distinct possibility of being separated by two divisions.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:34 am

What about lying Alan Brazil across the goal line? Should keep a few shots out.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:55 pm
Play Two up front FFS and we may have a chance
Correct. Hurst did the same 1 up front does not work.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Why does he not play Judge in his best position no.10 just off the striker where he can do some damage.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:36 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:52 pm
Blue Wilf wrote:
Yes. You all will be.

I have the same feeling about this fixture that I had about the 2012 Scottish Cup Final. 95% of us knew we weren’t going to win. We just wanted it to be respectable. And it wasn’t. Humiliated 5-1 on national TV in an Edinburgh derby cup final.

Got that same feeling for the travelling ITFC fans next week. I personally cannot see a win but I’m praying it’s respectable.
It's going to be carnage, I've been dreading next week for a while now. I fear next week will be one of the lowest points in the clubs history. I hope not but let's be realistic, yes the games a two horse race but the odds will be as big as you get.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:59 pm

Ando wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:36 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:52 pm
Blue Wilf wrote:
Yes. You all will be.

It's going to be carnage, I've been dreading next week for a while now. I fear next week will be one of the lowest points in the clubs history. I hope not but let's be realistic, yes the games a two horse race but the odds will be as big as you get.
Say again it's a derby event. League placing and form are often immaterial in games of this nature. We've got little to lose and they'll be complacent enough to believe victory is already theirs. One of those instances where all things are possible, to suggest they'll run away with it is rather wide of the mark. If we get beat then so be it but had a feeling for some time now it will go our way, call it instinct or whatever.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:18 am

The days of “its a derby, anything can happen” are getting less and less. The form team these days usually take the honours.

Another thing to factor into modern football ...... teams nowadays are so packed full of foreigners and loanees, the only people in the stadium giving a f*ck about the bragging rights are the fans. Majority of players couldn’t give a sh*t. It’s just another game to them. So (in my opinion) it’s down to form these days and unfortunately the form between Ips & Nor is night & day at the moment.

Hopefully your instinct is 100% correct though, Saint.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:48 am

Any complacency will only come from the terrace not from the players. We will need Bart to have the game of his life & the inbreeds to have one of those off days in front of goal.

If the unlikely did happen it would salvage something from the clubs worse campaign seen in my lifetime.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 am

The wife is 50 today. Fuuuuuuuk! :shock: Old bstd!

Party later though! 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:28 am

Congratulations to the missus, enjoy the party !!!