NOW FOR PROMOTION

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Relegation

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:01 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:36 pm
I can see only 1 win and 2 draws. Goodnight all last person out of PR please turn off the lights, see you all in league 1 next season
Fuckin cheerful :lol:

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:15 pm

Sheff Wed (H) Draw
Norwich (A) Draw
Derby (H) Win
Stoke (H) Draw
Wigan (A) Draw
Reading (H) Win
WBA (A) Lose
Bristol City (A) Lose
Nottm Forest (H) Draw
Hull City (H) Lose
Bolton (A) Draw
Brentford (A) Win
Birmingham (H) Draw
Preston (A) Draw
Swansea (H) Lose
Sheff Utd (A) Lose
Leeds (H) Lose

I can only come up with 17 pts, I dont think we will shame ourselves, but with a better defence I think we will draw quite a few more, the issue we face in my opinion is we do not have the firepower to out score many of the opposition.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:01 pm
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
I can see only 1 win and 2 draws. Goodnight all last person out of PR please turn off the lights, see you all in league 1 next season
Make that 0 wins and 2 draws now!!

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:53 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:33 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:01 pm
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Make that 0 wins and 2 draws now!!
Wow, are you that hopeful? 😂😂😂

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:15 am

Relegation
Edit
Report this post
Quote

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:33 am

Who out of the current squad (Not loans)do you think would leave or be sold if we were relegated? For me it would be:

Bart
Knudson
Chambers
Ward
Dozzell
Huws
Adeyemi
Sears.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:32 pm

Right guys and gals it's time to name who you want to keep and let go. I think we need a proper clear out and it's time for youth. Players I would shift and reason.

Chambers not good enough and to much power
Ward not good enough and injury
Bart wages to high.
Adeyemi injuries
Sears injury
Huws if pre season not fit must go.
Knudsen he wants to leave get rid.
Skuse I can't decide.

I would keep all our youngsters and start again.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Chambers , too much power? What does that mean, Derick? Him and PL get on great do they not? Isn’t that a good thing moving forward?

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:30 pm

:roll: Marco I think he means on and off the field, too much power, but in all honesty I think his time with us is up, too slow and gets caught out by a pacey striker, and in Div.1 will be found wanting, sorry Chamebo your times up pal .

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:07 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:30 pm
:roll: Marco I think he means on and off the field, too much power, but in all honesty I think his time with us is up, too slow and gets caught out by a pacey striker, and in Div.1 will be found wanting, sorry Chamebo your times up pal .
That's it in a nutshell ash.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:24 am

Yeah, I knew that’s what you meant Derick, but I’m asking what you mean by having too much power off the field? I’m not disagreeing here...., I’m asking a genuine question. What does he do behind the scenes that suggests he has too much power at the club?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:58 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:24 am
Yeah, I knew that’s what you meant Derick, but I’m asking what you mean by having too much power off the field? I’m not disagreeing here...., I’m asking a genuine question. What does he do behind the scenes that suggests he has too much power at the club?
Over the years he has become un droppable whether he plays well or not. He did it with MM and he has done it with PL. This is because he has made "himself" in his own mind the go to guy. To me he needs bringing down a peg or too, and you only play on performances on the pitch. Will he be dropped for the WBA game for being responsible for the 2 Reading goals? No he will play, why? Because he holds to much sway at the club, this needs to be got rid of for the good of the Football club.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Opinion only, but with the state of affairs for YEARS, I think its good that there is someone with big enough balls to be the "go to guy". Respect to the guy for that.

I do however completely understand that, (with the extremely limited viewings) there "could" potentially be a borderline "liability" label attached to his game.

Could be superb management material though.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:54 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:58 am
marko69 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:24 am
Over the years he has become un droppable whether he plays well or not. He did it with MM and he has done it with PL. This is because he has made "himself" in his own mind the go to guy. To me he needs bringing down a peg or too, and you only play on performances on the pitch. Will he be dropped for the WBA game for being responsible for the 2 Reading goals? No he will play, why? Because he holds to much sway at the club, this needs to be got rid of for the good of the Football club.
Sorry i just cannot agree he needs taking down a peg at all. If hes not good enough that's fine but to say he needs taking down a peg!! Really, why? You don't rate him, that's fine, that's your choice but hes not the reason why we are done for. If hes going to be the escape goat seriously needing to look at other players and reasons why we are in this mess. Too much power. Anybody would think hes member of the Mafia.

Every club as somebody like Chambers. Every club needs a guy like him. You say drop him. Other week Jonas head a ball straight to an opposition player yet still played following weekend and got himself sent off. Whether the Ref was right or not he did pull their player back and in doing so he gave the Ref a decision to make. All through this damn season players been making huge mistakes. All over the field. We had plenty of chances to score if the forwards actually slotted the ball home. Going to take them down a peg or two. Again if Chambers is no longer good enough FINE, but don't just drop him because hes the go to guy. Sounds like you really have something personal against Chambers Derek and sorry that is cheap unless you have met him.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Its certainly not personal Steve & Jo, I don't blame him for the clubs plight. My gripe is because he is the "captain" he plays. That is not correct, it should be form based. Barts been dropped, Gerkin has been dropped Knudson was dropped, Spence has been dropped but good old "captain" Chambo has not. Like I have said before, he is bullet proof. If he was dropped that might make him play better in the long run because maybe his ego would be hurt. He is probably a very nice bloke, my opinion is purely football performance based.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:05 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:36 pm

Might be best for all concerned if he takes the opportunity, I love Chambo as a captain but all good things end some time.

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:36 pm
Might be best for all concerned if he takes the opportunity, I love Chambo as a captain but all good things end some time.
Yes, and I hope he takes his mate Skuse with him

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:58 pm

Do you not rate Skusey ?

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:00 pm

League one will not be a place for a team full of kids! We will defo need a skuse or Chambers type figure... maybe even both in my humble....

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:25 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:00 pm
League one will not be a place for a team full of kids! We will defo need a skuse or Chambers type figure... maybe even both in my humble....
Totally true. I hope people don't think this is going to be a easy league to get out of. We are a team now full of League 1 and 2 players. Going to need experience as well as young up and coming players. Bishop is going to be kicked from pillar to post. Going to need experience around him, same in defence. I can't see Collins unfortunately playing much even if we offer him a contract. Any idea who our defence will be?

I do believe we got the right manager if given some lean way in transfers and it is good seeing the youngsters being given contracts.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:05 pm

One thing for sure, if we have a complete clear out in the close season and start again with a new bunch of players with no previous connection we will significantly reduce our chances of a quick bounce back to The Championship. The quick return will only happen if the bulk of the squad stick together and Paul Lambert builds on what he’s already started strengthening wherever possible.

In my opinion getting rid of our current squad and replacing them with our youngsters plus a few new players is exactly the same as getting rid of McCarthy and replacing him with Paul Hurst and a bunch of hungry players from the lower leagues, and we all know where that got us.

What we should be doing is identifying as many of the current squad as possible who we should keep and add to them accordingly, not the big clear out Derek is advocating which in my opinion will only lead to further misery and at worse League 2.

Only my opinion guys but we need to be cautious about what we wish for.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:27 pm

I think Lambert has already said in an interview a few months ago that no one shouid be clearing the decks and starting again....., his quote, “who does that?”....... little dig at previous management.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:33 pm

I totally agree with this line..."Only my opinion guys but we need to be cautious about what we wish for."

Somehow remember saying something very similar around a year ago.

I do agree with the needing to keep the better players and building a team around players wanting to be here and not hoping loan players be the answer

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:42 pm

What’s really REALLY worrying is Ipswich dropping to League One...... and Luton (who were Vanarama conference two years ago) coming up to the championship. Not certain yet but they’re looking good for it. In three seasons, a national league side overtake a championship side.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:13 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:42 pm
What’s really REALLY worrying is Ipswich dropping to League One...... and Luton (who were Vanarama conference two years ago) coming up to the championship. Not certain yet but they’re looking good for it. In three seasons, a national league side overtake a championship side.
this time next year your all be talking about how many more games until you win that league. A new start to a glorious future.
Enjoy the ride. but don't do a Wolves and go down again. :?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:27 pm

Rossi did say that he wouldn’t be surprised at a double relegation......, maybe some others wouldn’t be either.

For me, I’d be shocked. I’ve just posted on another thread talking about Luke Woolfenden scoring for Swindon v Colchester. I know he scored because I generally do check out all the goals when I’ve got time....... and so leads to why id be shocked. It’s not very good is it?! :lol: The Notts County v Port Vale 0-0 draw highlights are horrific. If Ipswich Town FC were in a relegation fight next season with possibilities of dropping to that standard....... Oh dear God.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:44 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:27 pm
Rossi did say that he wouldn’t be surprised at a double relegation......, maybe some others wouldn’t be either.

For me, I’d be shocked. I’ve just posted on another thread talking about Luke Woolfenden scoring for Swindon v Colchester. I know he scored because I generally do check out all the goals when I’ve got time....... and so leads to why id be shocked. It’s not very good is it?! :lol: The Notts County v Port Vale 0-0 draw highlights are horrific. If Ipswich Town FC were in a relegation fight next season with possibilities of dropping to that standard....... Oh dear God.
well our big mistake was sacking Mick then dropping two leagues, at least the Town wouldn't do such a daft thing, oh hang on. :?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:47 pm

Na man..... seriously....... it’s s’no gonnae happen! 😳

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:55 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:47 pm
Na man..... seriously....... it’s s’no gonnae happen! 😳
Of course it wont happen, I always remember the then owner saying we were to good for the championship and wont be in it for long. well he was spot on there :?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:08 am

Imagine, the mighty Portman Road being host to Ipswich Town v Solihull.

😖