The game officially ruined next season.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

The game officially ruined next season.

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:11 pm

Not only has the diving and cheating become out of control, now it’s VAR, and referees giving penalties for incidences that are never penalties. It’s a farce. Complete joke.

All about opinions on here though so no doubt there will be a few who watched the Champions League and completey agree with the referees and that Peter Walton dude. My God..., there really is no hope if that guy was a ref.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: The game officially ruined next season.

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:14 pm

I agree Marko, it's a load of crap, not in favour of it at all.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:23 pm

Tonight the ref was watching VAR over and over in slow mo. Why did he not watch it at normal speed? It was a fast build up and a rocket of a shot. It wasn’t blatant in the slightest.

If that’s the bar that’s been set, midfielders and strikers will be taking rocket shots from 25 yards hoping to hit elbows! Farce.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:58 am

Ref & VAR got it right. The law is the as*.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:47 am

Change the Stupid a$$ law then. Use common sense. By stupid a$$ law, ok that’s a pen....... but do you honestly want to see those given as penalties? Really? As Michael Owen said last night..... “shots rocketing in at that speed, and when the ball was actually struck, the player was maybe 4 yards away? What was the player meant to think in those seconds?”
Peter Walton, the stuttering fk decided to start talking about the stupid a$$ law.
No way was that a penalty. Ruined. Game is a farce.

No idea of how far down the leagues VAR-CICAL goes, but if it’s not in League One, then that’s a massive plus for ITFC.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:57 am

And maybe use VAR to rewatch players collapsing like they’re having seizures.

And add a 15 second rule for players to get their stupid a$$ a$$es off the field when they’re subbed off.

Two areas above ^^^^ that also need sorted.

The authorities need to get their authority back properly in many areas. What last night is going to do is encourage even more cheating. It’s sorting nothing. Blatant handball is exactly what it is......., blatant.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:23 am

Agree Marko. I would also add in the one I keep going on about - that being blatant obstruction whereby you can almost wrestle with a player behind you in order to stop them from getting to the ball as it rolls off the pitch. It just makes it a wrestling match rather than any skill. It (obstruction) always used to be an offence. Makes me laugh that people actually applaud someone stopping a player getting to the ball as though its some kind of sublime skill! And don't start me on players holding each other in the box. How can they be allowed to hang onto each other - blatantly - in the box and not get penalised yet if one player as much as brushes past another on the edge of the box, a free kick is awarded?? Refs have it in their power to fix this. When i played pub football, the ref used to Fight their way through the beer breath and hangovers of a sunday morning and tell us if we swore we got booked and if we did it again we would get sent off etc - simple. Why can't they do the same with these players? I know they are often thick but surely a quick explanation should do the trick and then its up to them to behave! Makes me so cross!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:39 am

Blue Wilf wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:23 am
.....How can they be allowed to hang onto each other - blatantly - in the box and not get penalised yet if one player as much as brushes past another on the edge of the box, a free kick is awarded??
Yep, absolutely spot on, Wilf. Corners are no longer any advantage at all due to that stuff going on and refs WON’T sort it.

A third reason for VAR to look at. ^^^^
Blue Wilf wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:23 am
Makes me so cross!!
Don’t get too cross about it though, Wilf :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:02 am

I dont care what stupid VAR says, that was not a penalty, bloody ridiculous.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:30 am

What about this idea as well........ if a player is subbed and refuses to go off, (Chelsea keeper) , the referee can issue a straight red after two minutes of waiting around?

Failing that ^^^^^ the manager is allowed to go on the field and Kick the players arse?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:08 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:58 am
Ref & VAR got it right. The law is the as*.
"Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm."

Watch it full speed and tell me he deliberately put his arm in way.

Awful decision. I still think there is a place for tech in the game, of course it will be crap to start with, but mistakes like this will bring about changes and improvements.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:56 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:11 pm
Not only has the diving and cheating become out of control, now it’s VAR, and referees giving penalties for incidences that are never penalties. It’s a farce. Complete joke.

All about opinions on here though so no doubt there will be a few who watched the Champions League and completey agree with the referees and that Peter Walton dude. My God..., there really is no hope if that guy was a ref.
Couldn't agree more. Now they are looking at giving penalties if it just hits defenders hand from next season. No more deliberate and intentional. Complete farce. The laugh is that there are so many "football fans" out there that think Man U pen was correct.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:40 am

Not in favor of what they've introduced. Good enough for World Cup tournaments as it's only a four year event and doesn't spoil to any great extent, but to implement throughout domestic use is asking too much. Only even bothered to catch sporadic incidents but the whole issue of play being held up, regular interruption and switching to a room of "analysists" taking considerable time to argue the merits of each and everything, proved nauseating.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:27 pm

VAR only alerted the ref to the decision to be made. The law needs to change, hand ball is hand ball regardless of intent it just keeps it consistant.

VAR would have also ruled out sterling first goal, that's what it's there for.

The penalty rule is also changing to stop the second faze, the jury is still out on that one for me.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:33 pm

they keep changing rules to make a once simple game too complicated for refs and linesmen. the offside rule now must be impossible to see while these players are diving, cheating, faining injuries to stop play.

I go to referee and local league AGMs and the big problem now is the grief the refs and linesmen are getting is cutting the number of officials coming into the game which means there are lower standards.

My answer is.
1. bring back the original off side rules. and all the stupid rules that no one understands.
2. Send off and ban these players diving for 6 matches or perhaps cut a toe off or even a leg.
3. Bring back the likes of Norman Hunter and Tommy Smith, if any player did dive they wouldn't do it again, or get up again
4. Any player deciding to change his sport from footie to wrestling at corners and free kicks Send them off ,or cut a finger or hand off,
5. Only employ men to play a mans sport, no Italians or French, actually make that no foreigners,
6. make every manager,coach, players etc, watch the Wolves, the saints of the football world, no cheating down at the Mol.
do that and we wouldn't need VAR.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:09 am

goldandblack wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:33 pm
They keep changing rules to make a once simple game too complicated for refs and linesmen. the offside rule now must be impossible to see while these players are diving, cheating, faining injuries to stop play.
Truer words have never been spoken. 👏👏👏👌👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:37 am

We even had a Birmingham fan playing Villa onside

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:00 am

Young guy on a job yesterday said, “Why the hell was a Rangers fan running on the pitch at Birmingham?”
Wish he’d looked at the picture closer before opening his mouth.
Rangers supporting electrician: “That’s a Birmingham badge on his shirt you effin moron!”

I didn’t know any of them enough to have some banter but I did feel like saying, “Yeah because Rangers fans are angels right enough!”

Really hoping the authorities are making an example of the Hibs a$$hole who jumped the barrier last Friday night. Flippin embarrassing for the club and he’s rightly, (imo) getting a lifetime ban.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:37 pm

I always thought it was hand touches ball not ball touches hand. The game is becoming a debacle with the players attempting to get one another sent off. It's a sport nothing more but it's got way out of hand with money and businesses all wanting the almighty $ or GBP...... and the game and supporters suffer.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:15 pm

Why wait until next season to f*ck it up? Swansea v Man City.... 2 non goals count as VAR not used. Surely VAR if used should be for ALL teams in ALL competitions or not at all? City get all the luck which is just what we have felt has avoided us all season. When you are not owned by a billionaire or a country then you will not get the rub of the green. Its killing (or has already killed) the game I love. Bring on league 1 - proper teams and proper fans 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:28 pm

Terrible decisions but as we have seen recently even with VAR the wrong decisions are made. The answer is get some f**king officials who know what they are doing.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:15 pm
Why wait until next season to f*ck it up? Swansea v Man City.... 2 non goals count as VAR not used. Surely VAR if used should be for ALL teams in ALL competitions or not at all? City get all the luck which is just what we have felt has avoided us all season. When you are not owned by a billionaire or a country then you will not get the rub of the green. Its killing (or has already killed) the game I love. Bring on league 1 - proper teams and proper fans 👍
Spot on Wilf. plus some proper grounds where you can stand on the terracing and always actually get in ,

and your right on the premier. it is set up for those top 6 clubs.