Ipswich Town vs Nottingham Forest Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Another Draw Anyone??

Ipswich Win
57%
Forest Win
14%
Draw
29%

Total votes: 14

Steve and Jo

Re: Ipswich Town vs Nottingham Forest Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Just watched the highlights. Sitting upper tier in the Sir Alf end its sometimes difficult seeing exactly whats going on opposite end though at the time we shouted pen and could not understand why goal was disallowed.

The Ref is an arse all day long, the free kick we scored from that ref looks like he was waiting to see what happens next. If the ball had gone over the bar bet he wouldn't say retake. It looks like he delayed blowing to retake and only blowed because we scored. Hes totally useless and should be thrown out. Dead cert on the penalty also.
Total waster and seems like he loved the crowed reaction.

Signs are great though for next season, certainly enjoying going to Portman Road again

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:16 pm

Certainly looks like a pen in the highlights and the only reason I see for not giving it is another big Ipswich player being directly in the way of the short arse refs view. But that’s what other officials are for ——-> to help.

That Forest keeper will not want to see Quanars goal again. The build up, the cross, the tap in...... looks like he wasn’t prepared for any of it. Rewatched the highlights and focussed on him..... shocking goalkeeper.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:01 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:34 pm
What a wanker of a referee, what a petty cun5 he is. That free kick was so well worked.
:lol: :lol: :lol: thats the pot calling the kettle black!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:23 am

:twisted: Keith Bloody Stroud, will not give Ipswich anything, never has never will, so a win today was never on the cards, ask Liz (Hallam) she loves him :lol: :lol:

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:28 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:53 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:43 pm
BM it Will be a bloody miracle with bloody Stroud as bloody Ref: he bloody hates Ipswich, the bloody worse bloody Ref in the bloody whole of the bloody football bloody league.
Fixed that for you, Ash. Wasn’t enough bloodys.
TA Marco :lol: :lol: I always do it never enough Bloodies, Bugger

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Can't subscribe that any one match official hates a team, they're either incompetent or in so many words, jackasses.

Clive Thomas was the worst, what a f**king beaut. You'd have to be of an age to understand how poor the individual was. Way I see it, Keith Stroud made a mess, got some decisions wrong, but moving on from the event. Can't change what's been done, we got to focus on the time ahead.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:06 pm

What’s the script with Stroud then?

Hibs fans CANNOT STAND Scottish whistler (blow-jobber) Craig Thomson. He’s a Hearts supporter. And he refereed the 2012 Cup Final. Total bellend.

Stroud a Nor-f*ck dude?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:11 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:01 am
Charnwood wrote:
What a wanker of a referee, what a petty cun5 he is. That free kick was so well worked.

....and your point is ?

Or would I be correct to assume that this is simply your bad tempered response to The Moderators decision to uphold the rules in relation to your late entry to this weeks Prediction League, for which you have only have yourself to blame. For what it’s worth had we accepted your late entry the early kick off match would have been void and I think Ando would still have won.

Following a spate of late entries all players were warned back in January that further late entries wouldn’t be accepted, and given that you have only yourself to blame I deem your latest post unnecessary, inappropriate and uncalled for.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:15 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:11 pm
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:01 am
Charnwood wrote:

....and your point is ?

Or would I be correct to assume that this is simply your bad tempered response to The Moderators decision to uphold the rules in relation to your late entry to this weeks Prediction League, for which you have only have yourself to blame. For what it’s worth had we accepted your late entry the early kick off match would have been void and I think Ando would still have won.

Following a spate of late entries all players were warned back in January that further late entries wouldn’t be accepted, and given that you have only yourself to blame I deem your latest post unnecessary, inappropriate and uncalled for.
Maybe i should have put a :wink: at the end, it was tounge in cheek. My point is, rules are rules as you quite rightly stated, and the ref didnt blow his whistle, thats why the goal was not allowed, yes its petty but those are the rules.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:08 pm

In fsirness, the referee did blow to stop the game before the shot which ended up in the back of the net. Petty indeed but he certainly didn't do it to prevent the goal or as has been suggested to rule it out. Had the shot gone wide we would have been grateful for a second chance.

I don't believe he needs to blow his whistle to restart the game....unless of course he had told us to wait which is s common event if he wants to move defenders back or he better placed to keep an eye on infringements in the box- something he failed to do later on when he missed a stone wall penalty....

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:08 am

He's the worst referee ij living memory, as someone else said, if the ball had sailed over the bar no way would he have blown for a retake, this is just one instsnce in s catalogue of f*ck ups, our penalty , Murphy's goal, and as for the Two errors at Villa!!! Lets see who can defend them, utter c*ck.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:08 am
He's the worst referee ij living memory, as someone else said, if the ball had sailed over the bar no way would he have blown for a retake, this is just one instsnce in s catalogue of f*ck ups, our penalty , Murphy's goal, and as for the Two errors at Villa!!! Lets see who can defend them, utter c*ck.
we used to have the best officials in world football but there's so many inept refs and linesmen now its embarrassing to watch plus what on earth is that clown behind the goal supposed to be doing. the new rules and abuse etc they get hasn't helped, but there's such a shortage of officials coming into the game the standard has fallen well short, Saturday and Sunday local leagues now struggle to get a ref and 2 linesmen for a match.

teams and managers futures can be changed by there decisions,

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:39 pm

All this scrutiny of referees and bloody VAR etc will only make it worse, 32 different camera angles for every decision a ref makes, while a lot of them are crap we need to do away with all this technology sh*te and go back to the old days of human error, BUT ref's have to be trained to a high standard in the first place and maybe even made full time so it is their profession which is not the case now.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:39 pm
All this scrutiny of referees and bloody VAR etc will only make it worse, 32 different camera angles for every decision a ref makes, while a lot of them are crap we need to do away with all this technology sh*te and go back to the old days of human error, BUT ref's have to be trained to a high standard in the first place and maybe even made full time so it is their profession which is not the case now.
If you had a time machine Mike or other posters what time would you return to for the best years in your memories, when football was easy and for the working class

mine would be around the early seventies. although I remember the late 50s was a bit young to appreciate those glory times.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:10 pm

Yep around the mid seventies for me too

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:18 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:10 pm
Yep around the mid seventies for me too
yea a good time for the Town, also any team could win the league or cups, managers were still the boss over the players,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:59 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:18 pm
....., any team could win the league....

Usually Liverpool though, aye Wolfie? :D

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:29 am

marko69 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:59 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:18 pm
....., any team could win the league....

Usually Liverpool though, aye Wolfie? :D
But from 1969/70 to 1979/80.....6 different sides won the old Div 1....10 different sides won the FA Cup. Liverpool did have a run of luck during those years with very average players,

since the premier started in 1992 (27yrs) only 8 different clubs have won it, and not one of them was that delusional scouse outfit,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:35 am

My school memories in the 70s was most of the guys wearing Liverpool shirts with the Hitachi sponsor. That also included a few years at school in Geelong, Australia. Remember Aussie PE teacher, Mr Tatnell (or Titnell as he was christened) wearing the scouse red almost every day.

They certainly do believe they’ve got the best support in the world. Got to admit, I cannot argue with that. They seem to be one of the only clubs that doesn’t drop attendances when underperforming.

The other mob who believe they’ve got the best support in the world, (Celtic)?? ....., go back to the days when the now defunct Glasgow Rangers were winning titles. Parkhead was an echoey ghost town. Don’t think that happens at Anfield.

You still got your Hitachi shirt, Saint?

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:14 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:35 am
My school memories in the 70s was most of the guys wearing Liverpool shirts with the Hitachi sponsor. That also included a few years at school in Geelong, Australia. Remember Aussie PE teacher, Mr Tatnell (or Titnell as he was christened) wearing the scouse red almost every day.

They certainly do believe they’ve got the best support in the world. Got to admit, I cannot argue with that. They seem to be one of the only clubs that doesn’t drop attendances when underperforming.

The other mob who believe they’ve got the best support in the world, (Celtic)?? ....., go back to the days when the now defunct Glasgow Rangers were winning titles. Parkhead was an echoey ghost town. Don’t think that happens at Anfield.

cant say I have a lot of time for anything to do with Liverpool. they tend to blame everyone else for problems they caused themselves.
I just hope when we play them the last game of the season we stop them winning the league. that would be great end to a remarkable season for us.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:16 am

goldandblack wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:14 pm
marko69 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:35 am

cant say I have a lot of time for anything to do with Liverpool. they tend to blame everyone else for problems they caused themselves.
I just hope when we play them the last game of the season we stop them winning the league. that would be great end to a remarkable season for us.
Totally agree with that statement, how does the song go "Its never your fault" I to hope wolves and every other club they play until the end of the season stop them winning the league. For some reason the supporters really think they are special, in most cases i would describe them as "special needs"

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:21 am

There is a debate in all of this. And there is a theory here and it’s born out of what is being experienced here in Edinburgh.

Quite a few of us believe it’s to do with the significant songs adopted for the clubs in question. “You’ll never walk alone” for Liverpool / Celtic and they’re known worldwide for it. Other fans can view it as a “look at us, we’re special” type of thing.

The very recent animosity towards Hibs regarding “The Sunshine on Leith” is incredible. How many times have I overheard, “Oh fk off you special c*nts with your special f**king song” is quite unbelievable. It’s made a lot of fans , (like me) say, “Where the hell is that Shyte coming from? Do they want a significant song instead of their Scarf twirling Shyte?”
And I’ve enough Jambo buddies to confirm that in Edinburgh, ——-> it’s the song that causes the extra hatred.

And the record, in my opinion, the sun shines on Easter Road stadium. But Leith? Well Leith or Gorgie; the suns shines on neither of them.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:15 am

It's a subject I try not to comment on too much where Liverpool are concerned, ever since I nearly got a punch in the mouth over my views on Hillsborough and who was to blame, but yes they always try to blame someone else.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:33 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:15 am
It's a subject I try not to comment on too much where Liverpool are concerned, ever since I nearly got a punch in the mouth over my views on Hillsborough and who was to blame, but yes they always try to blame someone else.
Definately a touchy subject, but Liverpudlians definately have a chip on their shoulder more than anyone else in the country.
Anyone reasonable would want the Hillsborough enquiry dealt with appropriately, but can’t help feel there are some who want it to run and run on.
I never heard a Liverpool fan apologise for their fans over Heysel. Just blame the crap ground ( which it was)....but not the action of their fans. Scousers love their scally reputation, but when they play the scally and things go tits up.. always play the victim and it’s someone else’s fault.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:56 pm

I think it's brilliant what's happening at Liverpool! I certainly hope they win the league! It's great seeing them competing for titles again. I'm not sure about the fans though; I can't understand a bloody word they say! :lol: