Mcgoldrick on Hurst.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Mcgoldrick on Hurst.

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:51 am

Tangfastic

Re: Mcgoldrick on Hurst.

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:04 pm

The Hurst thing is the headline grabber, but didn’t everyone think he was an expensive sick note? I think there was a thread nearly a year ago where no one wanted to keep him and hardly anyone offered him any praise. Fair play to him for getting and keeping fit and doing well, but at the time we were right to part company.

Actually, he was fair in saying he was always injured and felt he was playing whilst not fit all the time.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:24 pm

I was glad we got rid, never bloody fit until now although it has to be said Hurst hardly did himself any favours if it was his decision.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:55 pm

"We were mid-table and there were no big expectations to win every game, like there is at Sheffield United at the moment."
The McCarthy Era

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:28 pm

David. Were you smart with your money? If you were on 20K a week, that’s just over a million a year....... just over half a mill if 10K. You should be ok for your bills, pal. In fact, if you’ve been smart, you should have AT LEAST three houses bought and paid for at this stage of your career. And I do not grudge you any of it...,,,,, you’re a footballer, you have talent etc etc, and well done....... but don’t talk about your “bills” in an interview. It pi$$es people off. Mainly people with actual bills.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:32 pm

“No one really wanted to give me a chance, so I worked on my fitness and improved myself. I got the buzz back just from being . . . not wanted!

“It was a kick up the arse, this was where I was at. I wasn’t a golden player at a team like Ipswich any more. I had to go and prove myself.”

That's the main thing I took from it. McGoldrick was lazy, I think most knew he had the talent to produce the form he has, but he had no reason to work hard, he had given up trying and improving and was just drifting, I can't imagine he would have had the stomach for a relegation fight.

I wasn't sad to see him go, but I didn't think he was an expensive sick note, I think people are too quick to write injured players off, look how he and Webster have got on, we need to look closely at the way we do things and also our luck sometimes. I'm actually deadly serious when I say maybe we should water our training pitches more to reduce injuries, I would be going through it all with a fine tooth comb, a full top to bottom investigation, the number of injuries has simply been unacceptable.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Sorry, but I simply do not believe this utter BS from McGoldrick.

He had left the Club long before Hurst took charge . He had made it clear that he wanted to return to the Midlands/ north. His contract was not renewed or offered because he made it clear he would leave when his contract expired.

I have no idea what McGoldrick is up to by making these comments but it’s a crock of shyte!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:21 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:28 pm
David. Were you smart with your money? If you were on 20K a week, that’s just over a million a year....... just over half a mill if 10K. You should be ok for your bills, pal. In fact, if you’ve been smart, you should have AT LEAST three houses bought and paid for at this stage of your career. And I do not grudge you any of it...,,,,, you’re a footballer, you have talent etc etc, and well done....... but don’t talk about your “bills” in an interview. It pi$$es people off. Mainly people with actual bills.
Marko , McGoldrick is full of bull shyte . And comments like that merely underline that fact.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:29 pm

And Hurst is a very easy target.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:27 pm

TWTD: David. What drew you to Sheffield United?
DM: Have you seen my 02 bill this month?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:26 am

One response (from the link supplied) on TWTD labeled McGoldrick as quote "The best player we have had at the club in the last 10 - 15 years" What the f*ck..

Another example of a player fitting in elsewhere than a previous club set-up. Doing well at Sheffield United, seems to score quite regular, but here he was on the inactive roster all too often and even when match fit was hardly prolific or stood out above all others. Was I upset to see him depart, hell no. Clearly wasn't working for him here, in the end a transfer was the only viable alternative.

As for Hurst, hasn't the individual been castigated enough already. Both names were eventually of no use here, no need to look back.