Ipswich Town vs Hull City AFC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

What are the Chances of another draw?

Town Win
47%
Hull Win
20%
Draw
33%

Total votes: 15

Ando

Re: Ipswich Town vs Hull City AFC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:36 pm

At least we are not going to be the first club to be relegated

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:02 pm

Not a good performance... lacking in intensity. And we give away goals so easily.

That was pretty tepid compared to recent games.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:17 pm

Just seen highlights poor defending for both goals very unlucky with the 2 off the line. That's what happens when your struggling.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:33 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:08 am
Hope she enjoys it Charlton and your good self Mugen
I don’t think she will remember too much of that one. I thought that was about as drab as we’ve been at home under PL. just no real tempo or intensity. Had a couple of chances but I felt the game was poor and we didnt do enough. Looked like relegation fodder at times today which I haven’t felt too often in recent matches

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:33 pm

Hull...... famous for Hull RFC and Hull KR RFC ..... and NOT famous for shitty, boggy, division 4 Hull City FC, come to Portman Road......, and win. What a desperately crappy result.

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:39 pm

I want some of what Lambert is on if he thought that was really good football :astroll:

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:40 pm

:roll: I think we will live to regret giving Chambers a new contract, as I stated earlier in another slot, he will get fooking roasted in League 1 , unless he's going to lose at last a stone and a half in weight, and work on his speed and turning game, and will have to have absolute peak fitness, he will need it trust me, also time to get rid of Bart, and either bring in Harry Wright, or another younger more agile keeper, on another thought, I think PL should bring in another 2 centre backs, as we have this habit of leaking early goals, get that back 4 sorted and a keeper who doesn't flap at crosses, and can kick a ball with some accuracy , if he sorts that out, we will be ok, in the midfield we have class players so no worries there, I would definitely look for an out and out striker like Heywood, someone who's can score with both feet, another Ted Phillips and Ray Crawford partnership will do very nicely. :D

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:42 pm

After hearing PL on Radio Suffolk after the game it is by no means certain that he will be here next season.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:42 pm
After hearing PL on Radio Suffolk after the game it is by no means certain that he will be here next season.
WHIT??? 😳

Can you elaborate on that, Shed? What was he saying?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:09 pm

Marko
When asked about next season he was very noncommittal. He said whoever is in charge will have some good youngsters to work with. Then when asked surely that will be you he said you will have to wait and see.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:01 pm

Forget the result and performance, both were crap but Lambert's interview is indeed a shocker, only a few weeks ago he committed to be here next season no matter what, tonite he was very non committal and repeatedly said if the club dont want me that's fine I'll go, it sounded to me like the club dont want him !!! If that's the case we really are f*cked. We will deserve everything we get. Worried as f*ck now.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:01 pm
Forget the result and performance, both were crap but Lambert's interview is indeed a shocker, only a few weeks ago he committed to be here next season no matter what, tonite he was very non committal and repeatedly said if the club dont want me that's fine I'll go, it sounded to me like the club dont want him !!! If that's the case we really are f*cked. We will deserve everything we get. Worried as f*ck now.
Mike
Lots of speculation about it.
Could it be a case of Evans doesn’t agree with some of the suggestions that Lambert has come up with about season ticket sales and other things. Or maybe a buyer has been found and if that is the case they want to bring their own man in. Whatever it is something has certainly changed things.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:21 pm

It makes no sense seeing as on Wednesday Lambert announced that he was taking the team to Germany for pre season, 3 bloody days ago !!!

Funnily enough I just said the same thing to Thomas regarding a buyer of the club who may want a different man, it's not beyond the realms of possibility, if however it is Evans not liking Lambert's ideas and Lambert does walk the club are in utter turmoil and the way the fans have got behind Lambert to suddenly lose that again is dangerous in the extreme. I am praying this is something and nothing but it doesn't feel good.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:30 pm

Bottom of the league and doomed, but this'll keep people interested for the weeks ahead.

Ipswich Town, the "Brexit" of football:

Thursday: Big plans for next season....
Friday: Need to wait and see about next season, not sure...
Today: Will be good to have Downes next season....
Tonight: Might not be here next season.....
Tomorrow: Loads of youngsters coming through, big season next season.....
Monday: No idea about next season.....

"So, Marcus. The tickets? Any ideas?"
"Don't worry about the tickets, I've managed to shift several thousand of them. Tidy little profit there."
"Really? Already? Even with League One looming?"
"League One? I thought you were talking about the Rugby World Cup."
"No. Ipswich Town season tickets, Marcus."
"Oh right. Yeah I knew that. Forget what I said about the Rugby World Cup. In fact, when is that?"

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:20 pm

Only stopped by to see what occurred. Seems the team had a loss but can't be bothered to glean further information from it. Considerable apathy has become prevalent to a certain level and realized ahead of time nothing can be done to salvage league status.

Wigan Athletic are good at destroying lives, futures and ambition so you can take a certain amount of irony from today. Is the team down yet ? Has it been confirmed ? No use in castigating the manager, it only degenerates into petty as* argument and disagreement, but truth be told today only brought further skepticism regarding it's tenure.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:31 pm

"Don"t Cry for Paul Lambert, Argentina."

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:18 am

I would not be surprised if Lambert walks in a month or so. We have spent more time in the religation zone this season than we have the previous 16, and though its not Lamberts fault he clearly has had very little difference in our results in months.
I'm afraid I can't help but think of Captain Mannering from dads army..... We are all doomed. Of course when you have been bottom for the whole season (sure feels like it anyway) the whole world looks really bleak..

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:28 am

saint jude wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:20 pm
Only stopped by to see what occurred. Seems the team had a loss but can't be bothered to glean further information from it. Considerable apathy has become prevalent to a certain level and realized ahead of time nothing can be done to salvage league status.

Wigan Athletic are good at destroying lives, futures and ambition so you can take a certain amount of irony from today. Is the team down yet ? Has it been confirmed ? No use in castigating the manager, it only degenerates into petty as* argument and disagreement, but truth be told today only brought further skepticism regarding it's tenure.
WTF are you talking about?

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:31 am

well considering PL said that Skuse did great in the lead-up to their second goal, I for one will not be too worried if he isn't here next season.

First goal, Chambers at completely at fault, sold a dummy and with his experience that should never have happened.
Second goal, Skuse loses the ball (was not a blocked tackle as PL suggested) then just ambles back like a sick donkey leaving the eventual scorer completely unmarked.

As long as these 2 continue to play, I fear our fate will not improve.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:43 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:28 am
saint jude wrote:

Must be an autocorrect error? Trying to think what “ Wigan Athletic” could be? Heroin, alcoholism fits but unlikely from an autocorrect error. “Wigwearing” ? Beats me.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:17 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:43 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:28 am
saint jude wrote:

Must be an autocorrect error? Trying to think what “ Wigan Athletic” could be? Heroin, alcoholism fits but unlikely from an autocorrect error. “Wigwearing” ? Beats me.
"Wigwearing " !!! LMFAO

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:21 am

rossi wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:31 am
well considering PL said that Skuse did great in the lead-up to their second goal, I for one will not be too worried if he isn't here next season.

First goal, Chambers at completely at fault, sold a dummy and with his experience that should never have happened.
Second goal, Skuse loses the ball (was not a blocked tackle as PL suggested) then just ambles back like a sick donkey leaving the eventual scorer completely unmarked.

PL was asked about Chambers last week and he gave what I thought was a very none commital answer about the amount of games Chambers and has said the same previously about Skuse.
I get the impression they will be rotated to assist with new players being bedded into the team and help them off it.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 am

Ando wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:21 am
rossi wrote:

PL was asked about Chambers last week and he gave what I thought was a very none commital answer about the amount of games Chambers and has said the same previously about Skuse.
I get the impression they will be rotated to assist with new players being bedded into the team and help them off it.
It would be unusual to keep on changing the back four ie Chambo at CB. I wouldn’t say it was a completely glaring error yesterday, but thought he was a bit leaden-footed for the first goal. Always give everything, but off the pace more and more often.

With Skuse... I thought his tackle was really weak. Went with a weak flick with his left foot, whereas thought he should have gone more-full blooded and taken man and ball into touch. It’s telling that he’s now getting subbed quite often.

Not sure about rotation... I think in their positions they’ve got to earn the right to start and they’re also supposed to be the spine of the team. I wouldn’t mind an experienced player coming in who can take over the captains role. Like Collins, but someone who is actually fit.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:04 am

I don’t think that Skuse and Chalobah can play in the same team! Both were at fault for the second goal Chalobah just waved his foot at a tackle just outside their area and Skuse didn’t put the runner into the stand!
We seem to play better with one or the other so Downes or Bishop can get in the team.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:14 am

Absolutely spot on Jacko, Chalobah is a real driving force when Skuse is not in the team, I too feel you can't have both, Chalobah is a shadow of his best when Skuse plays too.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:34 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:14 am
Absolutely spot on Jacko, Chalobah is a real driving force when Skuse is not in the team, I too feel you can't have both, Chalobah is a shadow of his best when Skuse plays too.

But would I be right in guessing that Skuse is far more likely to be here next season than Chalobah ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:55 am

Chalobah will 100% not be here next season so yes Andy you are spot on.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:27 am

rossi wrote:

Totally agree, the pair of them are f**king sh*t!!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:48 am

rossi wrote:

:oops: In a f**king nutshell Rossie, just get rid of both, we wont need them in Div 1 we have adequate youth to bring through :D and as for the PL comments, we need stability and like BM stated, PL says he's here for the long term, the only person who can change that situation is ME, And it wouldn't surprise me if Evans pulls the plug on PL contract, but I am praying that there is another decent buyer for our club, there are several consortiums out there, like the one that pulled out of buying Bolton, so crosses fingers with hope of possible future salvation :D

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:05 pm

I listened to the PL interview on Radio Suffolk on my way back to London after the game and didn't see PL's answer as anything other than the stock Football manager's answer about the following season when pointedly asked if he was satisfied with his record so far. Obviously he isn't and implied that in a "results business" anything is possible in the future. I didn't for a moment feel he was dropping any hints about walking out. I guess it is possible that ME is not in total agreement about the players he wants to keep or the budget for a season in Lg 1 but everything he is saying about his relationship with Evans is positive and i truly believe he wants to be here for the long haul. In addition it appears that Judge is close to agreeing terms for a new contract and I'm sure that wouldn't be happening if he wasn't confident that PL will be here next season.