Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Chance of a rare away win?

Bolton Win
23%
Town Win
69%
Draw
8%

Total votes: 13

Tangfastic

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:12 pm

Emmanuel’s in for Bree... Collins in for Toto(bit rough on Toto IMO). Bishop and Dozzell in midfield with Skuse. Quaner starting ahead of Jackson.... he’s the only loanee in the eleven.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IpswichTown/ ... 96/photo/1

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:37 pm

0-1 town Quaner get In there

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:50 pm

0-2 town Quaner Again...

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:52 pm

😳wow..... 😁

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:53 pm

This is wonderful!!

Top atmosphere and some GOOOAAALLLS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Deservedly in front, playing the better football.

Peach of a cross from Chambers for Quaner’s first.

Quaner took the second really well on the turn. Good work from Kenlock.

Kenlock’s my player of the half. Really composed going forward.

A wise man once said “ 2-0 ‘s a dangerous score”... so not counting my chickens just yet.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Just home from golf and catching up with play and HT scores, what a pleasant surprise to find us two goals up. COYB’s 🎉👍👌

Shame I can’t find the match on any of the footie channels ☹️

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Deserved lead, 2 good goals, great cross from Chambers and two super blocks at the other end from the skipper. Kenlock very good too. Can we ???

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Sixty-four percent possession, brilliant and two good goals by all accounts. Only one loanee starting but remember it's Bolton and they have a whole world of problems.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Looking good so far :D

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:25 pm

Understandably Bolton coming back into it. Possesion dropped to 54% a they have had a lot of shots.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:55 pm

I am almost speechless....a win,... wtf lol

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:55 pm

well I'm really happy to have got it so horribly wrong.

Great result - well done Ipswich

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:55 pm

1-2 Emmanuel OG no clean sheet but a WIN

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:02 pm

A win.... the 1500 travelling fans did us proud. Heard them more than the 15, 000 home supporters.

Poor second half.... but couldn’t see Bolton getting back into that.... apart from the last minute. Was it even over the line?

Probably too late for a promotion push ... but we needed that.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Deserved win, shame about the late goal as clean sheet would have been good. Some good performances today, Kenlock, Edwards, Collins, Quaner and Judge who was awesome second half but for me Chambers was outstanding and MOTM, yes it's only Bolton but hey we're only Ipswich !!! Unbelievable support yet again.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:10 pm

:D great result and I've never been happier about being wrong. Thought we would get beaten by Bolton. Despite the opposition an away win is not to be sniffed at. 😀 ⚽ Bluearmy

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:11 pm

3 points at last!
Perhaps I should have a birthday every time Town play. :wink: Well done you Blues.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:33 pm

A good win even if Bolton are a mess and other results mean we are still, effectively, 14 points adrift ( goal difference is not our friend).

It gives me hope for next season. I hate that we will be in League 1 and want to see us come back up straight away.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Great win away from home especially for the travelling support. Shame about the late goal but it does mean I got the score correct in the prediction league.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:35 pm

Just got in from the game after aving a few. Great to see Bluemike and Mach .Regarding the game honestly, 2 poor teams but Ipswich deserved the points.My MOM was James Collins he was a class above everybody else. Shame he is 35 not 25. The support unbelievable they sang from the first minute to the last. Found myself on a train with Mach going back to Manchester and he said, bearing In mind he follows them all over, that was the first time he had seen Town win for 13 months. Unbelievable..

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:56 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:35 pm
Just got in from the game after aving a few. Great to see Bluemike and Mach .Regarding the game honestly, 2 poor teams but Ipswich deserved the points.My MOM was James Collins he was a class above everybody else. Shame he is 35 not 25. The support unbelievable they sang from the first minute to the last. Found myself on a train with Mach going back to Manchester and he said, bearing In mind he follows them all over, that was the first time he had seen Town win for 13 months. Unbelievable..
^^ This.

Thought the same thing. He just looked like a man who has played at a far greater level. Some of the things he didn't do were leaving the Bolton players completlely flumoxed. Lost count of the number of times he looked like he was going to play a through ball and just stepped over or ducked under it leaving opponents flat footed looking for the ball!!

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:56 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:56 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:35 pm
^^ This.

Thought the same thing. He just looked like a man who has played at a far greater level. Some of the things he didn't do were leaving the Bolton players completlely flumoxed. Lost count of the number of times he looked like he was going to play a through ball and just stepped over or ducked under it leaving opponents flat footed looking for the ball!!

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:11 pm
3 points at last!
Perhaps I should have a birthday every time Town play. :wink: Well done you Blues.
Shed, although the result was great and the 3 pts, I think the best part of that match was the amazing support by you lads and lasses. its why clubs like the Town will always return to greater days,and very soon I hope. COYB

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:09 am

Their late goal soured things to an extent but f*ck it, the team got the victory and most likely condemned the opposition to a relegation with it.

Thought there may have been a bigger crowd for a game such magnitude but whether there were zero turnout or a full house the result is all important. Would have tried to supply game highlights but the embed feature has not been co-operating of late. Doubtless enough people have already had the opportunity to take in match coverage. Those that traveled, it should have been a good trip.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:08 am

goldandblack wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:20 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
3 points at last!
Shed, although the result was great and the 3 pts, I think the best part of that match was the amazing support by you lads and lasses. its why clubs like the Town will always return to greater days,and very soon I hope. COYB
I hope so too and the great support is essential. In our position, we should be at our lowest ebb and in-fighting and toxicity should be at its height... but it doesn’t seem to be happening. A big pat on the back to the Tractor boys and girls. It’s not only making a terrible season bearable, but giving optimism for next season.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:14 am

I think our fans have been brilliant too, I just hope it carry’s over into next season when their support will be even more valuable to the team who may need an occasional uplift in sometimes gloomy surroundings.

As I couldn’t find a tv channel showing Bolton v Town I watched Huddersfield v Leicester and given their team had been relegated the previous week the Huddersfield fans were amazing and sang their way through the game, or at least the part I watched as I was more interested in following what was going on at Bolton. Maybe something has changed this season with relegation bringing the best out in people who choose not to be downbeat and downhearted, whatever it is it’s good to see.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:05 am

Just as an unimportant talking point.... and it doesn’t matter a toss, thank god.... but I’ve watched the highlights a couple of times and I’m still not convinced Bolton’s goal was over the line. Goal line technology has shown us that mostly over the line or looking like a goal - that’s it’s not, in fact, a goal. I’m just looking at Collins’ body position and I think the balls not entirely over the line.

Whatever .... I somehow think goal difference won’t matter too much this season :)

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:14 am

goldandblack wrote:
Shed on tour wrote:
3 points at last!
G&B
As they say sometimes adversity brings the best out in people.
For quite a while I think the majority of Town fans have accepted that we are going down this season. Therefore, it is a case of we continued to have a split in the fan base, which at the end of the day is going to achieve nothing or get behind the team.
As Charnwood said the real test will come next season especially if we don’t have the start that we all hope for.
The other key thing for me is at last slowly but surely the club is trying to relate with the fans. For too long this relationship has been drifting further and further apart and even though I’m not his greatest fan PL deserves a lot of credit for bringing this about.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:15 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:14 am
goldandblack wrote:
Shed on tour wrote:
3 points at last!
G&B
As they say sometimes adversity brings the best out in people.
For quite a while I think the majority of Town fans have accepted that we are going down this season. Therefore, it is a case of either we continued to have a split in the fan base, which at the end of the day is going to achieve nothing or get behind the team.
As Charnwood said the real test will come next season especially if we don’t have the start that we all hope for.
The other key thing for me is at last slowly but surely the club is trying to relate with the fans. For too long this relationship has been drifting further and further apart and even though I’m not his greatest fan PL deserves a lot of credit for bringing this about.